Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 13:00:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 22
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Forgot to press record....

Started by JT, Thursday,July 04, 2013, 08:34:07

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

Had another FPV flight last evening, I';m using a gopro as the camera and I forgot to press record.... :o.... 500 meters across the field it switched off :o :o :o
  I haven';t got RTH set up on my multiwii crius se as the barometer gives some ';interesting'; figures (despite being shielded by opaque breathable foam). I do have GPS hold on a switch so put that on and gave it a bit of thinking time throttle. Luckily I had the sense to have headfree on an aux channel and always arm the quad facing south so that I know what way the feature will be orientated.  I stood up from my chair and faced myself south so that the direction made sense and slowly but surely steered it home, it took me a little while to spot it as it had gone rather high (must have been 399'; exactly  :whistling:).     
  Maybe I should get a dedicated FPV cam to avoid this in future as forgetting to press record is so easily done and it goes to show why its a good idea to fly over people-less areas as these little ';mishaps'; could easily end with a thud!

ChrisH

Agree, JT, very easy to do!  :whistling:

Fortunately I don';t fly FPV as such, just for video recording. Frustrating after 25+ minutes flying to go to turn the GoPro off and.... :banghead:

Thought about setting the GoPro to single button mode, you turn it on and it starts recording. Not done it though!  :hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Gav

Nice one -  you did good!  Kept calm lol brought it back using quick thinking and common sense.  Medal in the post mate.

I have disabled my auto timer switch off on my GoPro for this reason. Many a time I have landed and realised it';s not recording but more worryingly for me, the start/stop recording button now sticks and sometimes stops and starts on its own.  Need to look at that.

ChrisH

Gav,

I';ve noticed my recordings are often broken into two or more files of several minutes each, no pattern. As in my last post, I don';t know if this interrupts the video stream for FPV as I am not watching my screen 100%. Jello looks pretty well controlled these days so it shouldn';t be vibration issues.

Mmmm  :hmm:

That reminds me, need to update the GoPro firmware, maybe a fix included...  :crossfingers:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Gav

no it wont interrupt the fpv av out video stream.    On my GoPro HD HERO the button is sticking I am sure - I normally give it a tap or click it on n off a few times before powering up the camera and also click in and out the memcard a few times to make sure all contacts are good before recording a flight.  Seems to work and in most times I get a continuous recording.  My GoPro is getting on a bit now and been on many a flight including a couple of crashes along the way so I am not surprised I am experiencing these little problems now.

JT

Quote from: Gav on Thursday,July 04, 2013, 09:29:47
......I have disabled my auto timer switch off on my GoPro for this reason.......

Quote from: ChrisH on Thursday,July 04, 2013, 09:22:17 ......setting the GoPro to single button mode.....

I didn';t know you could do such gopro witchcraft! :laugh:  Maybe I should have downloaded the manual after all..... :laugh: 
Thanks chaps I';ll look into doing these things :smiley: