Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 13:52:35

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Chasing a slightly drunken quad

Started by CurryKitten, Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 09:27:13

Previous topic - Next topic

CurryKitten

I had a fly with my flying buddy on Monday.  His KK2 quad seems to be extremely sensitive on the throttle, and made for some quite erratic looking flying.

However, it was often hilarious flying, and the most fun I';ve had in ages.  If ever you think a field is a bit boring to fly around, just get another person involved and it turns into loads of fun :)

Quad FPV: Chasing krikeys (slightly drunk) FPV quad

rsmith21

KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

JT

Ha, ha, love the near miss :cool: cool video.

barneyg

Not really on topic but I have exactly the same issue with throttle control on my Multiwii based quad ... I';ve set up a curve on my TX so the halfway point on the gimbal is the hover point of the quad and between 25% and 75% only covers a very small range ie ... -100, -20,-10,0,100 but I still get that drunken flight look :)

CurryKitten

Quote from: barneyg on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 10:54:54
Not really on topic but I have exactly the same issue with throttle control on my Multiwii based quad ... I';ve set up a curve on my TX so the halfway point on the gimbal is the hover point of the quad and between 25% and 75% only covers a very small range ie ... -100, -20,-10,0,100 but I still get that drunken flight look :)

I';ve just built a cheapo 450 clone on a kk2 which is extremely lightweight.  The FPV cam is a WDR600, and it flies on a single 2200 3s with 1047 props on 1000kv motors.  Aside from the fact it';s all a bit wonky because the cheapo motors are a bit rubbish, and are causing some wobble, it was also extremely sensitive to throttle, and would rocket off up into the sky when I';d barely touched the control.

I added expo to my throttle control which has bought it way more under control, and I can hold a very stable hover now.... but this is what you effectively did with your curve.  So another thing to potentially try are different prop sizes, I';ve got some 9" and 8" props on a slow boat from China just to give other things a go and see how they work out.

Balders

Have you calibrated your ESC';s? The old "button 1&4" trick?

Other than that, you can adjust throttle end points to soften things down a bit, I think on the KK2 and on your Tx too.

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

CurryKitten

Quote from: Balders on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 11:43:24
Have you calibrated your ESC';s? The old "button 1&4" trick?

Other than that, you can adjust throttle end points to soften things down a bit, I think on the KK2 and on your Tx too.

Yep ESCs calibrated.  I tend to think the sensitivity comes from the combo of light weight/high(ish) KV motors/props.  Expo works fine for me, I prefer to have the full range of the throttle in case I want to do an impression of a rocket :)

dp106

CurryKitten

Quote from: dp106 on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 14:36:52
Videos blocked on mobiles :(

Sorry, it';s not me, YouTube is blocking because of copyrighted music being used.

dp106

yeah works fine on the laptop.  Great vid, I need to get a flying buddy!

barneyg

Hmmm ... I';m running multiwii on mine but my problem also seemed to be quite a lot of altitude variance even when the throttle wasn';t moving and I was just trying to hover.

I did some googling and came up with a few good hits ... basically vibration kills things ... I dropped the LPF from 98Hz to 42Hz and it is MUCH better at holding a hover with the throttle not moving.
Perversely it now has a lot more kick and I';m going to need to revisit my curve as the hover point has moved and the throttle is now hyper sensitive again.

Hands0n

Quote from: CurryKitten on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 14:49:14
Sorry, it';s not me, YouTube is blocking because of copyrighted music being used.

Shame that. I';m on Android tablet. Will have to wait till back in UK :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Gav

looked like you some proper fpv quad fun!  What distance is that down to the tree, where you were turning back.?

Neil is doing good on the KK. 

CurryKitten

Quote from: Gav on Thursday,July 04, 2013, 08:23:08
looked like you some proper fpv quad fun!  What distance is that down to the tree, where you were turning back.?

Neil is doing good on the KK.

Not too far, 350m.  We stand on the line between the two fields so we can fly the full fields in front and below us (and have LOS around a dogleft left in the forward field).  Neil was on a Boscam 200mw, he was getting some drop outs at the end of the field when very low, the Immersion 600mw I was using had no issues though

Gav

Did you sell him the Boscam200mw you had off me LOL

CurryKitten

Quote from: Gav on Thursday,July 04, 2013, 12:42:23
Did you sell him the Boscam200mw you had off me LOL

He definately got further than 10m  :laugh:

I think we';re both committed to just going Immersion in the future, to get to that field involved backpacks, jumping over a steam and carrying gear.  You just don';t want to be dragging along a ground station and external VRX as well as everything else.