Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,August 23, 2019, 10:09:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
22 Aug 2019 22:47:32
Sorted mate  ~~
Andy7:
22 Aug 2019 10:27:36
Sure. But basically, all the subjects are getting cut off.
Gaza07:
21 Aug 2019 18:14:54
Can you pm me a screen shot of what you mean
Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196581
  • Total Topics: 19804
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 36
Total: 37

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

First video with a Boscam HD19

Started by KK1W, Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 23:12:05

Previous topic - Next topic

KK1W

I ordered a Boscam HD19 along with a N.E.O. frame and other FPV stuff a month or so back. Most everything came in recently but I just had to stick the HD19 on my RCT 450 and take it for a spin around the back yard.

I can';t say I';m impressed so far, but maybe it isn';t bad for a first attempt. I took the HD19 mount from the NEO and simply bolted it to the front of the quad. There';s shock mounting in the mount but I think the whole assembly is vibrating as there';s a lot of visible flex. But I guess that';s how you learn? It was a grey, cloudy day but even with that the video seems flat and I';m not terrible impressed with the sharpness either. I';m going to shoot some with it held stationary and see if it improves. I';m new at the but it seems a long way from a GoPro IMHO.  :( But for the price I guess it isn';t too bad.

Here';s the vid. I hope everyone has had supper, now you can feast yourself of a big bowl of jello for dessert  ::)

PS: This is my first attempt at video editing (Windows Live Movie Maker) so be gentle with me.

And here';s a few shots of my ';quick & dirty'; mounting on the quad

Jim
Jim/KK1W

Leigh

G';day,

Unfortunately the bitrate which you encoded to youtube with rendered the video very poorly when I viewed it here - I would suggest it doesn';t do the boscam justice, even at "1080p" youtube settings...

try these custom settings in movie maker (yes, it will take a while to upload, even on Infinity, but it is worth it:

Aussie on the loose in Belfast.

firey1

because it records as .mov
you tube doe not like it very much

I just do a quick conversion to MP4 before uploading and quality is a lot better viewed

MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Leigh

better - but not very impressed with the quality overall - the jaggies on the roofline of the house say it all for me... 

KK1W

Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 01:21:42 #4 Last Edit: Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 01:31:43 by KK1W
Quote from: firey1 on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 00:47:26

I just do a quick conversion to MP4 before uploading and quality is a lot better viewed

Hmmmm.

I saved it as an MP4 and uploaded that file to Youtube. The original was a .mov. And it does look better on my PC but nowhere what I';ve seen from the GoPro vids I';ve watched on YouTube. As usual you get what you pay for. This is all new to me, I toyed with buying a GoPro but would feel real bad stuffing it in the ground! :sick:

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate the input. Feel free to keep telling me how to do better, that';s the only way to learn.  :smiley:

Maybe one shot in sunny skies will look better?

Jim
Jim/KK1W

KK1W

Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 01:22:36 #5 Last Edit: Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 01:33:03 by KK1W
Quote from: hart on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 00:38:48
G';day,

Unfortunately the bitrate which you encoded to youtube with rendered the video very poorly when I viewed it here - I would suggest it doesn';t do the boscam justice, even at "1080p" youtube settings...

try these custom settings in movie maker (yes, it will take a while to upload, even on Infinity, but it is worth it.

I will try this, thank you!

Jim
Jim/KK1W

KK1W

Quote from: firey1 on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 00:47:26

I just do a quick conversion to MP4 before uploading and quality is a lot better

Wow, that looks a lot better than mine!

Thanks Mike,

Jim
Jim/KK1W

firey1

yes a go pro does better quality for sure but then for a go pro 3 in NZ is like $600 the boscom was $150  and quad was $300 with FPV gear and video of flights is for my own pleasure im not videoing for commercial use

and im sure with a bit of tweeking with settings ill get it better as well
It suits my needs and purpose

MIKE

F450 quad
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

KK1W

Quote from: firey1 on Wednesday,July 03, 2013, 02:16:42
yes a go pro does better quality for sure but then for a go pro 3 in NZ is like $600 the boscom was $150  and quad was $300 with FPV gear and video of flights is for my own pleasure im not videoing for commercial use

and im sure with a bit of tweeking with settings ill get it better as well
It suits my needs and purpose

Agree on all points. I need to test my Boscam in decent lighting and steady to make sure mine is OK. I won';t feel good planting the Boscam, in the ground (or water) but would feel much worse if it was a GoPro.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

firey1

found best settings so far are
720P at 60 FPS helps eliminate jello
MIKE

F450 quad

robshaw

What an amazing place you live at. Very jealous. I use gopro and have found setting it at 720 and 60 fps gives the least jello. Also obviously as I think you already know it needs to be mounted in a way that will isolate it from vibration. Unfortunately that usually means its not very pleasing on the eye. ie sponge, foam, gel, elastic bands etc. :-(
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

KK1W

Thanks Rob, I';ll pass your comments along to Ann - she';s then one that can make things look nice :smiley:

We';ve lived here for 35 years now, if you saw the pictures from back then it didn';t quite look the same, just a house stuck in the middle of the woods. I';m retired now so I get to do things like build the deck or whatever and find some time to spend playing R/C when nobody';s looking.

The camera mount came from the NEO frame as I haven';t finished building it yet. I';ve seen other vids from the same frame that looked better. I';m hoping it is just my hack job of mounting that is causing most of the problem. I';ll know in a week or so when the rest of the parts arrive.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

KK1W

Second video shot with the HD10. This time I used firey1';s suggestion to shoot in 720p/60fps and hart';s custom settings for saving the MP4 file. What a huge difference! Thanks guys!   :beer2:

Same location, same boring stuff but I tried to make it shorter this time. :smiley:

Hey, how can I get the forum logo file to include in the video, it must be on the site somewhere but I';m a moron today I guess... :whistling:

Feel free to add further suggestions - everyday is a learning experience!

Jim/KK1W

Leigh

That';s much better Jim!  Nice one :-)   Now build yourself an anti vibration mount from the wire (the wire technique works well):

http://yusuf-pirgali.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/gopro-anti-vibration-mount.html

firey1

this site is what i used to make my intro
http://www.flixpress.com/Home.aspx

glad to see the settings worked

mike
MIKE

F450 quad