Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 14:10:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Turnigy_9XR_Transmitter....Help!

Started by Toledodave, Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 10:04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledodave

Im having trouble linking my Fatshark Dominators HT system.
1st question: Does this radio need a firmware update and how do i check to verify?
2nd question: Did i need to do the Futaba trainer jumper mod on this radio?

Symptom: when i turn tx on it skips splash screen and at the screen when it says "Alarm" push key to continue. At the point i can get my fatsharks responding to pitch only and as i push the any key to continue the Htracker stops responding 100% everytime. I have enabled and disabled Trainer ports and PPMSIM also and tryed everything.  One thing i dont understand is the mixing. Im not sure which PPM inputs to tell it either. I dont see the connectio  between the goggles options of channels 5-8 and trainer only showing first 4. Little confusing.   Anyone else having or had similar options?

guest325

A firmware update will not cure the problem, but it will give you a much more flexible transmitter - Open9x is one of the best and is well supported by the Open9x forum. There may be a few options that are not available on the standard firmware that may help though.

barneyg

Toledodave

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 11:08:26
A firmware update will not cure the problem, but it will give you a much more flexible transmitter - Open9x is one of the best and is well supported by the Open9x forum. There may be a few options that are not available on the standard firmware that may help though.
Thanks for the reply.  Im going to like lookinto that. But do you think the firmware i have now is cabable of Htracking?

Toledodave

Quote from: barneyg on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 11:23:24
http://forum.turnigy9xr.com/9xr-head-tracking-please-help-t367.html

and

9xr Fatshark Head Tracking

Looks like the futaba trainer port is the problem it doesn';t get the PPM signal.
great i fo thankyou. I dont think i tryed the steps in the forums. The video is where i started. I already soldered the jumper wire but still not workig right. Im sure i s operator error on my part. Thanks for the suggestions.

barneyg

Check the comments on that video and :
http://forum.turnigy9xr.com/fatshark-attitude-s-head-tracker-doesn-t-work-t623.html#p2348

It would appear that new HT modules MIG v4 and above don';t work with this hack.  It might be worth trying a JR port connection.

robshaw

I';ve had it working once I soldered the jumper for the cable on my 9xr. Just need to set the channel outputs to the correct setting in transmitter.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Toledodave

Quote from: robshaw on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 12:15:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZpmNJsKs5M&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Rob... You are the man!   Care to share your mixer settings with photos maybe?  Did you need to create any switches?   I also wondered if we could ( since the HTracker is from trainer) pass the ppm channels through the FC camera pitch and roll and also gain the steady cam pitch and roll and toggle the Ht through trainer and add parimeters to the Steady cam?  Does that make any sense? So if and when u want to head track you can toggle a bypass and choose steady cam or head tracker? Long shot but thought i would ask :/
I also notice fatshark has released the V5 version with ability to dissable the 90 degree reset option but wonder if the v4 couldnt be flashed. I just got the v4 and the 5 comes out!  V4 hasnt even been flown yet!

Toledodave

Quote from: barneyg on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 11:48:52
Check the comments on that video and :
http://forum.turnigy9xr.com/fatshark-attitude-s-head-tracker-doesn-t-work-t623.html#p2348

It would appear that new HT modules MIG v4 and above don';t work with this hack.  It might be worth trying a JR port connection.
Well i would rather find a fix for the Futaba if i can first. Only reason is because the Futaba port will power the goggles. But i will go Jr if i have to.

Toledodave

Oh!....also... I learned not to connect the trainer cord to my 9xr while already powered up and Aircraft powered up. ITS CRITICAL!... To power your Tx with trainer cord and goggles plugged in.  With Aircraft Dissarmed and sitting in idle when i plugged my futaba line it it armed to open throttle just long enough to kick and buck like a horse from hitting the couch.  I know the rule is to keep props off but i had no intentions of them spinning while toying with the HTracker connects.

robshaw

Hmm. Again I';ve had no problem with plugging in order or whatever. Was pretty strategy gut forward really. I just assigned channel 7 and 8 to the correct trainer channels. I';ve not got it set up anymore but when I get home from work I will try and assist you some more. It was very simple actually. Was surprising.

robshaw

If my memory serves me correctly the instructions are in the fat shark manual for 9x setup...

Toledodave

Yeah ill have to look. I figured it would he easy too! Lol  also i noticed when goggles are on the futaba wire , i cant arm the system. Only when i u plug the futaba trainer cord can i arm system.

Toledodave

Quote from: robshaw on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 15:35:21
Hmm. Again I';ve had no problem with plugging in order or whatever. Was pretty strategy gut forward really. I just assigned channel 7 and 8 to the correct trainer channels. I';ve not got it set up anymore but when I get home from work I will try and assist you some more. It was very simple actually. Was surprising.

Rob i made a video of my prob. Hopefully this link works.

http://youtu.be/OLXF-_chEm4