Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,August 19, 2019, 06:53:27

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Gaza07:
09 Jul 2019 18:10:30
Hope you all have a great day  :beer2:
Andy7:
09 Jul 2019 14:05:28
BFU#8 details locked in for this saturday - see the head of the forum thread for all details.
hoverfly:
05 Jul 2019 21:51:05
Good for genital warts as well......or so I'm told.. :hmm
DarkButterfly:
05 Jul 2019 21:48:24
Just fixed a busted SMA connector on my TBS unity pigtail, it suffered badly in a recent crash and split in two, nothing a touch of the soldering iron couldn't fix  :D
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196550
  • Total Topics: 19800
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 38
Total: 39

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

minor disaster

Started by Cozp83, Monday,July 01, 2013, 09:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozp83

ive not had a crash for weeks now and i fly about 30 mins a day if possible! so i thought id treat myself to some rctimer carbon props. the were balanced outta the box so i slung em on. double and triple checked everything before flying. had an rctimer gimbal, gopro hero 3 black, and fpv gear onboard. two inches off the ground and a prop gave up the ghost! the damn thing launched it self into a fence at speed and well, you can guess what happened :(

so now im on the market for a new quad frame.
suggestions people. gotta be able to carry the gimbal and all my fpv gear.
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

Cozp83

Jumpy07

I have loads of these props.. never had an issue..   they are very strong..
Did the prop come off the spinner.. or did it break ?
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

teslahed

I was thinking the same think Jumpy - i';ve never broken one of these props in flight and i had a hard time breaking one manually when i was testing how strong they are;

But they are cheap and they are mass produced - it';s always possible you were really unlucky and got one with a manufacturing fault.

If you are looking for a similar frame for cheap, i just got myself one of these;

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=820.msg26300#msg26300

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Useful-New-HJ-MWC-X-Mode-Alien-Multicopter-Quadcopter-Frame-Kit-Red-White-/130876957938?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1e78dfe4f2

That';s £16 and delivery took a week for me - they must have lots of stock and ship them from the far east pretty much straight away.

you could get a reptile instead - it';s got a slightly different front end that';s specifically adapted for a gopro and WDR camera. The Alien is more open at the front for mounting different cameras to. But i can';t find a reptile as cheap;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPTILE-500-V2-Alien-Multicopter-500mm-Quadcopter-Frame-W-Tall-Landing-gear-Skid-/281099915836?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4172dc523c

The tall landing gear it comes with is a waste of time in most situations - just makes you fall over.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

bunnygirl80

That frame looks like a HobbyKing SK450 Dead Cat Conversion. I have that same frame (hung up on the wall) and have been thinking about moving all the gear from my quad SK450 into it! I have one concern and that is the flexibility of the frame! It';s not rigid at all and I';m wondering if you were carrying all that equipment whether that had an impact. My SK450 struggles with undercarriage alone not to mention carrying a 280g gimbal and camera. How did it fly? Do you have any videos of the frame with the undercarriage and gimbal?

Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. www.aerialworx.co.uk

XH558

Quote from: Cozp83 on Monday,July 01, 2013, 09:18:26

so now im on the market for a new quad frame.
suggestions people. gotta be able to carry the gimbal and all my fpv gear.

Build one yourself  ~~

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=2523.0

Cozp83

the prop that failed split in two at the hub! cheers for all the suggestions guys and gal ;)
anyone got any views on the qav500 frame?

Cozp83

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Monday,July 01, 2013, 11:31:12
That frame looks like a HobbyKing SK450 Dead Cat Conversion. I have that same frame (hung up on the wall) and have been thinking about moving all the gear from my quad SK450 into it! I have one concern and that is the flexibility of the frame! It';s not rigid at all and I';m wondering if you were carrying all that equipment whether that had an impact. My SK450 struggles with undercarriage alone not to mention carrying a 280g gimbal and camera. How did it fly? Do you have any videos of the frame with the undercarriage and gimbal?

it flew great dude, had NO problem with flex as i brased it up in a few places

XH558

Quote from: Cozp83 on Monday,July 01, 2013, 11:45:27
the prop that failed split in two at the hub! cheers for all the suggestions guys and gal ;)
anyone got any views on the qav500 frame?

Yea - at 190$ it';s FAR too expensive  :rolleyes: :azn

Built my own clone of it for about £30 in ply and aluminium from B&Q ... although I did allow myself to buy these http://www.getfpv.com/multi-rotor-frames/qav500-fpv-quad/orange-rc-bobbins.html they are mustard and isolate the ';dirty'; plates from the ';clean'; and you get no vibration at all ...

Yes it';s a lot of cutting and drilling ... but it';s a sh*t load cheaper ....and more fun  ~~