Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 14:03:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Notice for battery sellers

Started by Britishguy, Monday,July 01, 2013, 00:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Britishguy

Royal mail have now banned postage for lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries to personal customers

ChrisH

I wonder how many couriers will ban Lipo';s as well?  :angry:

I see costs rising... :thumbdown:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

MOFO64

I';m registered as MOFO LABS so might be considered a business  ::) lol
Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

ChrisH

Was reading the Royal Mail prohibited goods pages this morning. Doesn';t matter if you are business or personal, no lipos by post or parcelforce unless fitted/supplied with a piece of new electronics.  :shrug:

They used to have a tracked service you could send lipos by but that';s canned as well!  :frantic:
Chris
Hubsan X4

barneyg

Ship every Lipo with a voltage alarm ... Should technically meet the requirements of shipping with an electronic device :)

Doesn';t help with returning them or other personal shipping

ChrisH

For personal users of Royal Mail, Prohibited goods definitions say:
Batteries
Batteries that are classed as dangerous goods by the latest edition of the International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO) Technical Instructions are prohibited. This includes lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries sent in isolation, with or contained in electronic equipment such as mobile phones or digital cameras.

For Business users of Royal Mail, Prohibited goods definitions say:
Batteries
Batteries that are classed as dangerous goods by the latest edition of the International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO) Technical Instructions are prohibited. This includes lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries sent in isolation.

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries are allowed when sent with or contained in equipment, but are subject to packaging, volume and quantity restrictions. Please see www.royalmail.com/restrictedgoods/business.

Not sure if the voltage alarm would qualify if sent with 6 5000mah 6S lipos... :o

Bag of worms this. As previously mentioned, how will they check?  :whistling:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

im ok because mine are contained but you must be a business account holder,

loada balls if you ask me.

Leigh

^£%$£! wish I had read this before ordering this evening... now HK will sit on it for a bloody month again...
Aussie on the loose in Belfast.

teslahed

I wonder if all the lipos i ordered from hobbyking  on saturday that shipped today on next day delivery will turn up tomorrow?

This is going to be a major headache for so many businesses and industries - it';ll be interesting to see what happen. Not good.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Britishguy

parcelforce? should be fine.

Headache isnt the word mate....... just look at what i sell.

I do get away with it in some respect but only because im a business and there contained in devices,

ChrisH

Parcelforce use same rules!  :angry:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

oooo, uh ow. :o

Never checked them as i never use em

ChrisH

Quote from: hart on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 00:09:43
^£%$£! wish I had read this before ordering this evening... now HK will sit on it for a bloody month again...

I reckon the average Chinese trader will ignore the ban (like they declare items as a $2 gift) and ship them anyway. I';ve just ordered some lipos from the UK warehouse. See what happens.

It';s like so many things, how are Royal Mail going to enforce it, unless package has "LiPo Batteries, Handle With Care" printed on the outside?  :o
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

been on the phone to royal mail for 30 mins,
(cost me a tenner)
still not clear about what can be posted internationally, Feking joke!

ive just had to hand out around £200 in refunds and a bunch of un happy customers

Thanks RM, really Thanks, aas if times arnt hard already.. nice.. :banghead:

COMPLETE AND UTTA TOSS***

ChrisH

Sorry to hear that Lloyd, not good. I think sometimes companies want a number of problems to boost the revenue from the 0845/0870 numbers you have to call!  :angry:

I';ve just had an email from Hobbyking saying my order of 4 lipos have been shipped. The order shows 48 hour Parcelforce which now is not permitted!  :thumbdown:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

thanks chris, hope you get your lipos

hope HK stick it to them

ChrisH

HK don';t identify the contents and as has been said even x-ray probably wouldn';t show much. Unless RM are planning to open every parcel to check...

I don';t think so. :nananana:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

well i still stick by the law, i cant just hop over to china and hide away.. :angry:

lol

ChrisH

Quote from: Britishguy on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 14:12:46
well i still stick by the law, i cant just hop over to china and hide away.. :angry:

lol
Agree with that. These Lipos are coming from the UK warehouse. Of course RM may not have told them... :smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4

teslahed

I got this in the post office this morning when i was posting some stuff. The guy behind the counter asked me extra questions about ';dangerous stuff'; i was posting so i asked him for more info on the new lipo rules.

ChrisH

Chris,

That is specific for international. The restrictions are now for anywhere!  :angry:

If you';re bored have a look: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Prohibited-Goods

So if we comply we have to use a courier for Lipo shipment!  :shrug:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

Quote from: teslahed on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 15:16:03

I got this in the post office this morning when i was posting some stuff. The guy behind the counter asked me extra questions about ';dangerous stuff'; i was posting so i asked him for more info on the new lipo rules.

your post office is obviously as bad as mine, thats dated jan 14th ROFL

teslahed

Quote from: Britishguy on Tuesday,July 02, 2013, 15:45:57
your post office is obviously as bad as mine, thats dated jan 14th ROFL

Well spotted. I didn';t actually read it closely - this is just what i received when i asked for the new lipo rules.

So yeah, this will be out of date now.

crash pilot

Dang i have a lipo on the way from g s hope that comes tomorrow or day after saying that i had two lipos delivered about 3 weeks ago from hk uk man in white van delivers.Think he said he works for RM i will ask him next time i see him.

Biffa

As far as I am aware, Parcelforce is and does class itself as a courier, even though it is/was part of Royal Mail.

I ordered two LiPo';s just recently (from HobbyKing) and they came via PF rather than just the normal postie.
Steve

ChrisH

I had a look at the Parcelforce site this morning and the prohibited goods list is the same. DHL  has a similar ban but I didn';t look into the domestic delivery side. It seems to go back several years as various committees decided what items are considered hazardous. Lipos were on that list.
:angry:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Britishguy

yer its been out for a while, but now had has become very tight,

i posted this for mainly people on here selling a used lipo then getting to the PO and being told they cant post it :banghead:

Biffa

Someone had better bloody deliver them because in the next day or two I will be sticking nails in my NanoTech CrapoTech packs...
Steve

Britishguy

i wouldnt worry im sure Parcelfarce will deliver them

think yourself lucky you havent had to hand out £200 in refunds today :angry:

Biffa

Someone else always has it worse mate, that';s what I keep telling myself.

I put to packs out of their misery earlier and it was utter pants, two fully charged 2200mAh packs and not a flame in sight...

I must have really killed them :blink
Steve