Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 14:44:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 24
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Convert my try to v-tail for stability?

Started by kogashuko, Sunday,June 30, 2013, 19:18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

kogashuko

So I have pretty much come to the end of my tri build with a crius board, megapirate, and GPS. The thing still has stability issues and the thing does not seem as stable as even my AR Drone. This should be the opposite with GPS and better sensors. I also have problems like the servo coming disconnected from the motor. This is also complicated by my props getting loose and one of my DT700 motors keeps having the allen head set screw back out.

Watching a recent flightest video I saw a tri that was converted to a pretty cool looking V tail quad. Seems much simpler with no tilting rear motor to worry about. Seems like it would also be more stable. It also seems as if it would retain the handling of the tri.

You can see my issues with the thing spinning a bit on this video. I tried switching it into GPS position hold which stopped the spinning but was then followed by falling out of the sky. I am thinking maybe it is because I dont have foam on the berometer.

http://youtu.be/KLh3SycYN6I

Thoughts on Vtail upgrade? 

Friends dont let friends use NTMs.

guest325

Having seen how well a Tricopter can work with a KK2 FC I would think that it should be better than it is, I must admit the idea of VTail configuration is very appealing and should be a very good comprise between a quad and a tri.
I have been torn between the two ideas for my own design for quite a while now and over a month later have still not reached a conclusion that I am happy with, however I do have a very good design for a yaw mechanism that should be bomb proof and would be happy to share if you are interested.
Hope you resolve your issues soon,  good luck!

kogashuko

Yeh i am not at all into the yaw mechanism on mine...

guest325

Just putting into basics my yaw mechanism consists of the motor mount is fixed onto a shaft that is supported on 2 bearings, one either side and the one end of the shaft is driven by the servo - it may seem overcomplicated but there is no load on the servo this way and it is almost frictionless; for this to work properly the servo must be accurately aligned with the shaft.  Hope this gives you food for thought and perhaps helps to resolve the issues you have.
This is the servo I would use, when they have stock, if not Giant shark do them as MG16R';s. great performance and value for money!

kogashuko

Here is more video of what it is doing. Anytime it gets really stable and then falls from the sky is when I try GPS position hold. The rest of the time I am fighting the thing to stableize it.

http://youtu.be/FiuyO_N6fx8

Also, this is my setup and the servo is only slightly different but what they suggested. I also have a different board and battery tray.
http://flitetest.com/articles/tricopter-scratch-build

kogashuko

That looks a lot like the servo I put on.

I think I am going to find an allen key that will let me lock that front left motor down and also try some smaller props. If that doesnt fix it then on to v quad.