Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 23:57:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Your GoPro helicopter crashed into my house and i have your footage!

Started by teslahed, Sunday,June 30, 2013, 12:03:39

Previous topic - Next topic

teslahed

Here';s a great video to show exactly why you shouldn';t fly DJI gear above cities and built up areas;

http://instagram.com/p/bKomGvv_vM/#

To quote the home owner;

"Your GoPro Helicopter Crashed into my house and i have your footage!"

I don';t know what the rest of you think but if i was this guy i would keep the GoPro and sell the remains of the phantom to pay to repair my roof / get the drains done. It might seem a bit harsh but there is obviously a moron out there who thinks they are safe flying their new multirotor above a city like this - maybe they need to learn the hard way?

I bet we get a lot more videos like this in the future - thanks DJI!
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

JT

I doubt there was much damage to the brick wall!  The world is full of idiots who don';t care or maybe don';t have the necessary common sense to not fly over urban areas. Maybe the loss of a phantom and gopro will serve as a lesson to the foolish owner.

Riggsbie

Oops......came down hard and fast.....

Brick vs plastic quad

My money is on the wall !

teslahed

Yeah the pilot is very lucky it hit a brick wall and nothing more serious. He was flying over a road just before he crashed!

nub

aye could have been a lot worse, if people keep carrying on like this and it won';t be long until something serious does happen.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Toledodave

You would keep his copter!? Thats sad....very sad. Way to support fellow hobbiest.  Right, wrong or different. What he did may have been wrong but taking his stuff and selling it, is really wrong. What if its some guys kid screwing around?  Youve never made a mistake?  It hit a brick wall. Not the roof or the spouts. No damage accurred yet you feel the need?  What if it was a 8 yr olds kite?  Heaven forbid do you educated this person and try to help him lets just take his stuff? Wow...

Biffa

Quote from: Toledodave on Sunday,June 30, 2013, 13:21:30
You would keep his copter!? Thats sad....very sad. Way to support fellow hobbiest.  Right, wrong or different. What he did may have been wrong but taking his stuff and selling it, is really wrong. What if its some guys kid screwing around?  Youve never made a mistake?  It hit a brick wall. Not the roof or the spouts. No damage accurred yet you feel the need?  What if it was a 8 yr olds kite?  Heaven forbid do you educated this person and try to help him lets just take his stuff? Wow...

What if it';s some guys kid he kills? Big mistake to make...

From my experience, people that are stupid enough to fly over built up areas don';t listen and don';t give two sh*ts about anyone else. Keep it and flog it on - I would.

Steve

Toledodave

Quote from: Biffa on Sunday,June 30, 2013, 13:35:45
What if it';s some guys kid he kills? Big mistake to make...

From my experience, people that are stupid enough to fly over built up areas don';t listen and don';t give two sh*ts about anyone else. Keep it and flog it on - I would.
Well to each their own i guess.  I guess im different. I would rather educate the person and teach them the right way rather then take his toy for my own gains to compensate the zero loss. I support the hobbie and anyone else who enjoys the hobbie. Ppl make mistake everyday. Speeding in cars kills too but rather a speeding ticket do we take their cars? No they get a fine and move on.  Maybe a fine for the return is in order but taking and selling is stolen property and at the price of some of these make that a Grand Theft!   Again in support of the hobbie i would educate rather then take.

Col_M

I saw a video the other day of some guy who lost orientation of his quad flying above a city and crashed into a tree. I';m just not sure why people fly high in a city, it';s so easy to lose orientation and then you';re stuffed, while learning I';d say it';s good practice to stay below 30ft/10m in fact less is better.

This is the video
http://youtu.be/3ZIefPgA28Y

I usually fly in an urban park/field mostly surrounded by trees but never fly above tree height, if I lose orientation I';ll hit a tree rather than career off into a building, car or person. I';d also say flying low is way more fun and more of a thrill to fly, it makes good videos too with the ground, trees and stuff whizzing by, flying high the view is much more pedestrian.
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Biffa

Quote from: Toledodave on Sunday,June 30, 2013, 14:02:57
   Again in support of the hobbie i would educate rather then take.

That';s the point though, idiots are generally not interested and unwilling to listen, that';s why you see these videos in the first place.

There was one posted a few days back with some idiot flying over people on Brighton sea front and over and around the rides. Me and Chris both commented on his channel and I was blocked from making further comments, merely for asking if the chap had good insurance! Added to that the band of other idiots bigging him up for flying like that.

Unfortunately there is a breed of people that have no concern for anyone';s safety regardless of what they are doing, either flying models or driving cars.

Steve

Hands0n

The more this hobby goes RTF OOTB the more likely there will be an incident, it is inevitable.

That said, I tend to think that illegitimate confiscation of his kit is a touch of two wrongs. As irritating as it is I would hand the kit back exactly as received. But I would apply reasonable lost and found rules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

teslahed

Quote from: Biffa on Sunday,June 30, 2013, 15:10:38 Unfortunately there is a breed of people that have no concern for anyone';s safety regardless of what they are doing, either flying models or driving cars.

Unfortunately i think this is the case too.

We have laws against drink driving. We educated people that drink driving is a really bad idea and it';s pretty obvious that you shouldn';t take mind altering drugs then put yourself in charge of a vehicle where you risk killing yourself and others.

Despite all this people still do it.

If someone crashes their car in the UK after drink driving there is a good chance they will be disqualified for driving for quite some time, possibly go to jail, and they will find it very expensive when they decide they want to start driving again and need new insurance.

If someone crashes their quad in a similarly irresponsible fashion after flying over a built up area (even when sober!) they are lucky if all they suffer is the loss of their equipment - and if they do maybe they';ll take that as a wake up call.

As the price and availability of easy to setup and fly FPV quads comes down (thanks DJI!) there will be more and more people who just buy these things on a whim, who haven';t spent weeks learning about them and building them first, and who can afford to just buy another one when the one they have crashes and burns. This worries me.

Quote from: Hands0nThe more this hobby goes RTF OOTB the more likely there will be an incident, it is inevitable.

This is true and i don';t want to put new people off the hobby. But if a noob came to me asking for help AFTER they';d crashed their FPV aircraft into the middle of a built up area i might advise them to look at RC cars instead.

I posted this video because i think it';s a good example of exactly why you shouldn';t fly above built up areas. I hope i don';t see a better example any time soon...

fruitsalad

these stupid irresponsible flyers are getting more and more..
not going to be long till we read up on a nasty accident involving an utter idiot in charge of a rtf quad whos not got a slight bit of sense..
bit like that nasty incident with a 600 size heli in a park a few years back..

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

guest325

Unfortunately this isn';t something new, I remember the case many years ago when myself and a few friends were flying control line planes we had a "friend" whose parents had more money than sense, he was always turning up with something bigger or better than any of us had but had zero talent and was always breaking the latest toy; one day he excelled himself by turning up with a new specially built for him RC Helicopter.
No prizes for guessing how long it survived for - abou all of 30 seconds, but came too close to seriously hurting one of us, the wound needed 6 stitches, 1" lower and he would have been blinded.
So this sort of thing is not new but is more accessible which is so much more worrying to those of us who have a much more responsible attitude.

firey1

one of those phantoms did same here in NZ guy found one in tree at his work place in perfect condition reported to police and posted on local flying forum got no replies so sold on trade me (like ebay but for nz) donated money to charity
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles