Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 03:00:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

First video, be gentle ;)

Started by rickp, Saturday,June 29, 2013, 07:34:30

Previous topic - Next topic

rickp

First real video, so be gentle ;) Managed to get some flights in at some great locations during our trip along the south coast. The original plan was a longer shake-down cruise to Brittany, but life gets in the way sometimes.

Enjoy...

Flying the South Coast

Riggsbie

Nice flying in a really nice part of the south coast !

FlyinMarty

Really nice part of the world and some great flying.  Brave to flying over the sea like that.
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

XamaX

Awseome! You beat me to that-My in laws have a Yacht in Poole and I was hoping to do the same. Nice flying!

jwl940

Thoroughly enjoyed that and for once the music didn';t intrude either.  Lovely boat as well but what was that big white thing in the sky at 3:30, approximately 93M miles away?

There';s always the what if, did you have any floatation devices fitted just in case?

rickp

No additional floatation - was definitely ';winging it'; in that respect - but I know and trust the airframe pretty well - got a good few hours on it with 3.0 code as it was my test/dev platform. Did have 1 unexplained FS when flying at Mupe Rocks which needs investigating.

The main issue with flying from the boat is the gyro calibration fails - so it wasn';t quite clear what would happen in flight. So far, it seems its fine - but the cat is quite a stable platform. The gyro calibration takes a while to fail, which means I';ve not been able to hook up Mission Planner to get the logs for some reason.

Pleased with the lack of jello in the hover, but forward flight was introducing it - so I need to mount the gopro more securely. Got an rctimer brushless gimbal at home, and not yet sure if it';ll go on the hexa or the reptile - or even if it';ll initialise on a moving boat!

Thanks for the comments ;)

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

robshaw

Awesome video. And yes very brave. What was the music? Cracking tune. Oh and what a boat!
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Gav

Excellent Rick.  What I like the most is not only the locations but you';re flying over water which is always a true test of piloting and confidence.

However I';m gutted you beat me to Durdle Door lol.  BUT and it';s a big but, .... you didn';t fly through it hehehe.

Nice mate nice!

Hands0n

Awesome video, thanks for sharing.

Question, when flying over water, particularly the ocean, do you GoPro owners use the waterproof case or fly au naturel as it were :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

rickp

To answer a few questions:

GoPro was ';au naturel';. I';m resigned to losing the lot someday, and not yet worked out a mount for the case that removes vibrations.

Durdle Door - I tried hard to fly though it, but that was the first time flying off a non-anchored boat. My mate was trying to hold position close but not too close to the rocks, so the boat was moving under me - which added to the fun. I wasn';t FPV, so couldn';t see whether I';d made it all the way under. So I bottled it. Gav - I like to leave you a little challenge ;)

Music - its the wonderful Cosmo Jarvis song called "Love This". A really talented guy - urge you to check out some of his other stuff...

Boat - its an 11 year old Privilege 435 that we';ve done loads of work on to get it back into shape. Getting near the end of the job list, and thinking about a much longer trip as the boat definitely has the legs to do it. Two sister ships did a round-the-world recently...

To be honest, the flying over water thing hasn';t worried me. The 3.0 APM code is so good that landing in alt-hold mode onto the trampolines is so simple...

Jumpy07

Great video Rick..   scenery is brill..

Get yourself some flotation key rings..  at least you will get the gopro back....I am the same.. resigned to it landing in the wet stuff at some point..

Least you have a large deck to land it on

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

rickp

Thanks Craig - not sure the floatation keyrings would be enough.

Foredeck space on the cat is great, once you';ve shifted all the bits of string out of the way.... :)

Northernmonkey

Cracking footage, nice boat. Major skills/balls flying from moving boat  :notworthy:

Just finished my build, test flown and ready for some footage to be recorded.