Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 03:03:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 9
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

KK2 Camera Stab

Started by CurryKitten, Friday,June 28, 2013, 09:37:54

Previous topic - Next topic

CurryKitten

I recently put a tilt servo for my FPV camera on my unfinished (i.e flies like a bag of spanners currently) quad.  I found it very useful to tilt the camera upwards when going for fast forward flight - I could see where I was going without having to stop every now and again to look up and make sure I wasn';t about to collide with something.

So I though I';d have a little look at the camera stab settings in KK2 to see how it would work.  I';ve wired it up, and tested it (just holding the quad and leaning it around) and it seems to work quite nicely.

But then I thought - what happens if I go into a steep dive, I won';t be able to see the ground approaching.  Is it going to go mental if I do a loop.  Now obviously the whole camera stab thing was developed for keeping the camera steady and probably wasn';t considered for more extreme flights.

It did strike me though that it wouldn';t seem too much hassle, if it was considered, to expand the aux channel to more than self level off/on and have autolevel on/camera stab on, autolevel on/camera stab off, autolevel off/camera stab on, autolevel off/camera stab off

It looks like someones come up with an modified version of the code to allow pitch/roll adjustment in flight, but nobody has considered the modes.

Before I decide if I want to start diving into new and exciting assembly language - is anyone using camera stab, and is it actually any good - or is it just as easy to keep tilt on a controller pot ?

Balders

I';ve not played with gimbal controls on the KK2 but I would imagine it would include servo endpoints, in case you are worried about what it will do during a loop/roll, to stop it overdriving.

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Gav

Have a camera on a servo tilt on my small KK fpv quad.  Locking the stabalised KK cam gimbal output would be cool but for a quick fix you could put a cheapo helicopter head hold gyro on the side of the camera and use a switch on your tx to flick on and off head hold or in this case, camera position hold.  With it in the off position the rate gain should be zero to avoid motion sickness and to keep the cam still.    Maybe over thinking it a bit but should work.  Maybe there is another solution much easier than this out there?

CurryKitten

I tried using it today, and I couldn';t seem to work with it.  Although it appeared to react as I expected, I couldn';t seem to hold my altitude very well.  It was all a bit strange.  I plugged back to my normal tilt servo within about 3 minutes