Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 11:23:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

wooden mini

Started by 900supersport, Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 21:26:54

Previous topic - Next topic

900supersport

Just thought I would share a dxf of a frame I';ve made up, see attachment. It';s 150 mm between motor centres.

I';ve made mine up with 2 layers if 1/16th ply and a 1/8th balsa core. I';ve arranged the balsa so the grain runs radially.

Running the following

• Naze32 flight controller
  • HK blue series 12 amp speed controllers flashed with simonk
  • Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 2118-2750
  • GEM FAN 5030 props
  • running on 2s or 3s 1000mah lipos
While I';m only a beginner with quads it seems to fly really well, rock solid on 2s and level mode and extremely fast (too fast for me to be comfortable) on 3s.

I';m also working on a nano sized quad, if it flies as well and there is interest I';ll post up the dxf.

Gaza07

Very nice  ~~ and thanks for sharing   ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

nub

:cool: looks like a mini Eck';s frame.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

900supersport

Similar to thee flyduino nanoquad frame too 8).

Had the ply and balsa sitting about for a long time so thought i would give it a go.

Gav

Looks really good. Bet it';s a lot of fun to fly about.
Cheers
Gav

XH558

A man after my own heart  ~~ No kits and plastic bits .... plain simple wood  :notworthy:

You know where you are with balsa and ply   :azn

C O O L :beer2:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

teslahed

That looks like an excellent frame, and i know the naze32 performs very well once you';ve got it properly setup in a frame without much flex.

I';ll post up my PIDs in the morning if you think it might help - the frames i';m flying at the moment with the naze32 are only a little bit bigger than yours so it should all be quite similar.

I';d love to see a video of one of yours flying. I';m not surprised you';ve had to go down to 2 cells - i bet it';s really light!

QuoteA man after my own heart  ~~ No kits and plastic bits .... plain simple wood  :notworthy:

You know where you are with balsa and ply   :azn

XH558s next project :laugh:

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

900supersport

Thanks, default pids seem to be pretty good. Yaw response was too slow so I set the yaw rate to .6.

3s is just too quick for my skills at present. I think that for an experienced pilot that 3s would be a lot of fun.

XH558

Quote from: teslahed on Thursday,June 27, 2013, 00:46:30

XH558s next project :laugh:

Now it';s funny you should say that ......... :azn :azn

I love steampunk ... I';d do a steam quad if I could get the bits ..... it';s not an original idea though ..

[attach=1]
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

guest325

Downloaded your dxf and am tempted to scale up to 330 size for a KK2 board I';ve got - looks as though it should stand some abuse  ::)  ::)  ::)

teslahed

Here are the PIDS on my mini Teslaquad with the 32 bit Multiwii board, as of 5 mins ago;

http://youtu.be/EwCm-5IbjIA

(the motor was fine in the end - i just got the ESC wet in the grass, that';s why it was stuttering).
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

900supersport

Just been up to the local pack and flown four batteries. The quad is far more capable than my flying at present8). The level mode on the naze32 makes it an easy fly even for me. Managed a few flips, more tumbles to be honest by climbing sharply, cutting the throttle then re applying after a tumble.

Acro is fine but if I get disorientated I need to find level mode quickly to rescue the situation.

Had a few crashes, one of which broke all four props but no damage otherwise.

900supersport

A quick update on this quad.

Being ply and balsa construction its easy to repair with superglue 8).
Really liking horizon mode, can do flips reasonably.
Naze32 seems a great controller, have picked up some acronaze controllers for some more home brew projects.
Great fun in the park flying circuits and figure of eights. I include a pass below a tree branch 4 feet from the ground.
Started practicing acro mode. Hover and tail in is OK, circuits need more a lot more practice.
The sk3 engine mounts seem to be made of chocolate so bend and break with minor abuse. I now mount the engines to a disk of 16th inch ply and screw this to the frame. This gives a much better mount.

Stock of props was getting low so ordered some from floatship. Arrived next day, I';m well impressed.

Brian