Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 22:20:57

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

NOT good news for us.

Started by Ross, Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 13:55:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Two aeronautics students planned to use remote-controlled model planes packed with explosives to carry out terrorist attacks in Germany, according to prosecutors.

German authorities are holding two men of Tunisian origin who they say are facing possible charges for the "preparation of a serious, state-threatening act of violence".

Yahoo news report.
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

nub

bah!

quite surprised something like this hasn';t happened before now.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

teslahed

I hope the media spin doesn';t spin this the wrong way.

At least they were planes and not multirotors - not that i expect it will help much - and if they are simple remote control aircraft rather than something powered by an apm - all the better.

I';m also surprised it';s not happened sooner. In theory the technology to do this has been around for decades.

http://inserbia.info/news/2013/06/germany-two-man-planned-bomb-attacks-using-rc-model-airplanes/
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

ChrisH

Read the article. Interesting but seems based on intelligence that net searches involving model aircraft and explosives have increased. No arrests so far!

Trouble is by making it newsworthy it may give others ideas... :angry:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Hands0n

I expect the media to get into a right lather about this one.  But like the rest of you, I am more surprised it has not happened before.  Complex FCs are nothing new.  Autonomous may well be a bit of a problem for the authorities to get their heads around.

What I fully expect to happen over a period of time is for there to be a compulsion for us to be registered, and to be honest I don';t really have a problem with that. I';d not want to see licensing as in having to take and pass a qualifying test. 

And then I am also surprised we have not seen anywhere in the entire planet a suicide attack using hang glider or microlight, neither being at all hard to develop at least a basic level of competency in.

No, our biggest danger is the media as opposed to the actual event itself!
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Ross

And then I am also surprised we have not seen anywhere in the entire planet a suicide attack using hang glider or microlight, neither being at all hard to develop at least a basic level of competency in.

Major Tom to Ground Control...... :rofl: :rofl:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

usnooz

I also Saw this. not sure ifts already been posted

Drone vs Phone: Samsung Galaxy S IV - Drone Strike
Phill

[url="http://www.facebook.com/#!/MySkyMedia"]http://www.facebook.com/#!/MySkyMedia[/url]

Toledodave

Omg... We need that like an aquatic landing pool!    In US they are pushing for a ban already! Some states already requesting applications from colleges to the FAA. Something with Drone has been in the paper a few times in last couple months. Glad im building mine now!

Biffa

Quote from: usnooz on Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 19:03:08
I also Saw this. not sure ifts already been posted

Drone vs Phone: Samsung Galaxy S IV - Drone Strike

Well, at least they got their RCtimer motors...
Steve

Hands0n

I';d have to believe that the UK/EU will take a more balanced and coordinate view of this.  If they ban multirotors (drones in mediaspeak) then they';ll have to have a go at all RC flying craft. It is going to be just as easy to fit a fixed wing with come C4 as it is a multirotor with similar.   The point being that absolutely anything can be turned to a weapon, as was so ably demonstrated in Boston where pressure cookers were used. And yet there isn';t a ban on pressure cookers!
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Toledodave

I agree with you! Just the same as any malicious acts where hammers, rocks, envelopes, vans, guns, steak knives or spoons and now drones. None of the items are cabable of mass or personal destructio  on their own. They are merely and only tools used by a human being to committ the crimes. But bottom line, they are just tools!   Killing something with a toothbrush is possible but do we ban those. Its not right or fair to stereo type honest civilians because of the tools they use. The difference is how they use them. :/

Yosser70

Not sure why that video is so worrying, the granny with the shotgun in another of their vids looks more dangerous! lol Thing is non of the tech used in our hobby isn';t really specific to it, the chip based gyros, arduino boards and GPS are all widely used in other things so banning the very small amount of FPV fliers would be pointless and the government have better things to do to be fair. Admittedly something being pointless hasn';t stopped them before but think they have way too much going on right now. It';s different in the US I think as individual states can bring in bans easily so lots of knee jerk reactions, oddly they';ll ban "drones" but sell you a gun anytime you want! I know the media and some governments like us to worry about terror attacks all the time and yes it can and sadly does happen but the reality is anyone with access to the internet could find and implement the tech to cause utter havoc and if they wanted to they could bring any country to it';s knees in a day but it just doesn';t happen. They are small scale random attacks using things like pressure cookers, not very hi tech at all!

Biffa

Steve

Gav

kilby

Better make sure they don';t watch The Dead Pool.or remote control cars will be included too
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

nub

:laugh: best part of the movie, was well cool from what i remember of it, i was into racing RC cars back then too.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.