Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,October 22, 2019, 23:18:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

ched:
18 Oct 2019 11:25:16
Sounds good yama. Would love to see some images. 3d models sound cool too
yama:
18 Oct 2019 10:32:38
i might have to do a review. the 21mp camera is excellent at producing high quality 3d models for mapping.
ched:
10 Oct 2019 16:56:16
Show us some picys and maybe post a review in a thread?
yama:
09 Oct 2019 14:13:10
must admit this anafi is tiny and looks like a toy in a lunchbox but performs like a professional product.
yama:
09 Oct 2019 14:11:52
went ahead and bought one. about to find out if the 21mp camera improves photogrammetry surveys.
ched:
08 Oct 2019 17:14:17
Not tried a parrot anafi but I thought parrot were stopping 'drone' production?
yama:
07 Oct 2019 13:25:37
anyone tried a parrot anafi?
Gaza07:
26 Sep 2019 11:33:59
We know a song about that dont we  :D
Andy7:
26 Sep 2019 08:38:34
 :laugh:
Bad Raven:
26 Sep 2019 07:10:39
Adopts Australian accent "Black, that's not Black, its a dirty grey, THIS is Black........"   :D
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197031
  • Total Topics: 19865
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 45
Total: 48

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

can i use a DX6i with a Naza lite & GPS

Started by davethepitch, Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 16:43:49

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

Hello all

I think i may have a problem as i only have a DX6i transmitter which does not have a three way switch and i am not sure if i am going to be able to calibrate the Naza lite or do i need another transmitter.  :frantic:

Dave

HowDoIfly

Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

davethepitch

I have just had a look at that and i am not sure how i will get all that to work with a Naza perhaps it is time i purchased a transmitter with a three way switch but i am not sure which would be suitable as i want to stay with Spektrum RX';s.

Dave

DarrellW

I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 17:57:04
DX8 or 9x/9xr with Orange module.

I don';t think my budget will go that far.  :o

Dave

DarrellW

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 18:28:54
I don';t think my budget will go that far.  :o

Dave

If you can';t stretch to the 9x/9xr and Orange module then best stick to your dx6i.

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 19:07:44
If you can';t stretch to the 9x/9xr and Orange module then best stick to your dx6i.

The problem is i have just purchased a Naza lite & GPS and i do not know if i can use a DX7 or a DX7s as i am not sure if those two TX';s have a 3 way switch which would allow me to use the Naza Manual, Attitude, Attitude & GPS.  :frantic:

Dave

Hands0n

@Davethepitch - I';d suggest trying it for yourself first and see how you get on. The method does in fact generate the various PWM signals that the Naza M Lite is looking for.  So in that respect it should work.  You can fairly adapt the method to whichever switches you have on the DX6i.

Then if you really don';t get on with the method perhaps invest in a Turnigy 9X or 9XR, sell on the DX6i to help offset the spend.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

DarrellW

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 19:56:36
The problem is i have just purchased a Naza lite & GPS and i do not know if i can use a DX7 or a DX7s as i am not sure if those two TX';s have a 3 way switch which would allow me to use the Naza Manual, Attitude, Attitude & GPS.  :frantic:

Dave

A dx7s costs more than a 9x/9xr with orange module so unless you';re looking for an old dx7 it';s going to cost you more!

davethepitch

Hello Gents so

How about this and would it be suitable if so i will go and purchase one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261228665400?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks Dave

DarrellW

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 20:52:59
Hello Gents so

How about this and would it be suitable if so i will go and purchase one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261228665400?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks Dave

Apart from the price yes - but don';t forget it';s not Spektrum compatible - you will be starting over again!  For a better price look here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8992__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_.html

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 21:36:42
Apart from the price yes - but don';t forget it';s not Spektrum compatible - you will be starting over again!  For a better price look here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8992__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_.html

I will purchase one of those Turnigy 9X transmitters i know they are not DSM2 but that does not bother me really.

I am not sure what type of technology the Turnigy transmitter uses but i will not buy from the company you mention as they are not in my good books.  :angry:

Dave

XH558

I had a DX6i at first and got it to do most things with the help of this video by mixing the 2 position switches .....

But I was fed up with not being able to get all the modes so I sold the DX6i on Ebay and bought a DX7  ::)

A 3 position switch makes all the difference  :rolleyes:

Then when you have one you can mix all the features as I discovered with this

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1397.0

Sorted  :azn

davethepitch

Hello all

I have just purchased a Turnigy 9X and when it arrives i will try and find out how to set up the 3 way switch so as i get all the three flight modes of the Naza Manual, Attitude and GPS modes.

I have been looking and i cannot find what type of technology the Turnigy 9X uses eg Spektrum uses DSM2.

Thanks Dave

XH558

Hands0n

Dave, there are two videos you should watch that show how to set up the Turnigy 9X for the Naza

1st - set the 3 position switch
2nd - set the Failsafe switch

That should give you all that you';re looking for.

The Turnigy 9X is based on FlSky (seems everyone pronounces it Fly Sky) equipment. They use a fairly aggressive channnel hopping arrangement to ensure no brown outs between TX and RX.   The 9X I received has the module wired in, although you can fit any other radio module - which will require a little bit of re-engineering in the case, from what I read.  It is a very trusted and widely used TX by all accounts.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

DarrellW

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 21:58:34
I will purchase one of those Turnigy 9X transmitters i know they are not DSM2 but that does not bother me really.

I am not sure what type of technology the Turnigy transmitter uses but i will not buy from the company you mention as they are not in my good books.  :angry:

Dave

I hate to say it but you are buying from them but indirectly - Turnigy is just a brand name used by Hobby King, the only thing different you are getting to what you would get from HK is extra cost because a third party is involved - these are the people who buy loads of them to sell on and the main cause of HK being out of stock most of the time - that said if you';re happier buying from EBay it';s your choice  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

davethepitch

Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 07:41:21 #17 Last Edit: Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 07:55:08 by davethepitch
Quote from: DarrellW on Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 07:19:06
I hate to say it but you are buying from them but indirectly - Turnigy is just a brand name used by Hobby King, the only thing different you are getting to what you would get from HK is extra cost because a third party is involved - these are the people who buy loads of them to sell on and the main cause of HK being out of stock most of the time - that said if you';re happier buying from EBay it';s your choice  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Hello DarrellW

I had read that but the problem i had was when i purchased an item from the UK warehouse that was faulty and it had to go back to the UK warehouse and i was told to send it back by tracking method which i did (and it was not cheap).

I will not go into detail but i used the online customer support with all the same old blah blah and telling me it was being dispatched when it was not and even though they had 10+ of the same item in the UK warehouse they said the replacement had to come from the main place so i had to wait for a package from Singapore but at least i finally ended up with my item.

Dave

Hands0n

I really do not know why companies get post-sales so completely and utterly wrong. Its not as if the people that create the regime don';t buy "stuff" themselves.  The simple question to be asked is "Would I be happy to experience my own regime".

--
Danny

DarrellW

Quote from: davethepitch on Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 07:41:21
Hello DarrellW

I had read that but the problem i had was when i purchased an item from the UK warehouse that was faulty and it had to go back to the UK warehouse and i was told to send it back by tracking method which i did (and it was not cheap).

I will not go into detail but i used the online customer support with all the same old blah blah and telling me it was being dispatched when it was not and even though they had 10+ of the same item in the UK warehouse they said the replacement had to come from the main place so i had to wait for a package from Singapore but at least i finally ended up with my item.

Dave

I suppose I';ve been lucky, I';ve had a load of stuff off them and all has been OK but understand where you are coming from now - once bitten twice shy!!!