Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 16:58:34

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

can i use a DX6i with a Naza lite & GPS

Started by davethepitch, Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 16:43:49

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

Hello all

I think i may have a problem as i only have a DX6i transmitter which does not have a three way switch and i am not sure if i am going to be able to calibrate the Naza lite or do i need another transmitter.  :frantic:

Dave

HowDoIfly

Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

davethepitch

I have just had a look at that and i am not sure how i will get all that to work with a Naza perhaps it is time i purchased a transmitter with a three way switch but i am not sure which would be suitable as i want to stay with Spektrum RX';s.

Dave

guest325

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 17:57:04
DX8 or 9x/9xr with Orange module.

I don';t think my budget will go that far.  :o

Dave

guest325

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 18:28:54
I don';t think my budget will go that far.  :o

Dave
If you can';t stretch to the 9x/9xr and Orange module then best stick to your dx6i.

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 19:07:44
If you can';t stretch to the 9x/9xr and Orange module then best stick to your dx6i.

The problem is i have just purchased a Naza lite & GPS and i do not know if i can use a DX7 or a DX7s as i am not sure if those two TX';s have a 3 way switch which would allow me to use the Naza Manual, Attitude, Attitude & GPS.  :frantic:

Dave

Hands0n

@Davethepitch - I';d suggest trying it for yourself first and see how you get on. The method does in fact generate the various PWM signals that the Naza M Lite is looking for.  So in that respect it should work.  You can fairly adapt the method to whichever switches you have on the DX6i.

Then if you really don';t get on with the method perhaps invest in a Turnigy 9X or 9XR, sell on the DX6i to help offset the spend.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 19:56:36
The problem is i have just purchased a Naza lite & GPS and i do not know if i can use a DX7 or a DX7s as i am not sure if those two TX';s have a 3 way switch which would allow me to use the Naza Manual, Attitude, Attitude & GPS.  :frantic:

Dave
A dx7s costs more than a 9x/9xr with orange module so unless you';re looking for an old dx7 it';s going to cost you more!

davethepitch

Hello Gents so

How about this and would it be suitable if so i will go and purchase one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261228665400?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks Dave

guest325

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 20:52:59
Hello Gents so

How about this and would it be suitable if so i will go and purchase one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261228665400?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks Dave
Apart from the price yes - but don';t forget it';s not Spektrum compatible - you will be starting over again!  For a better price look here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8992__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_.html

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 21:36:42
Apart from the price yes - but don';t forget it';s not Spektrum compatible - you will be starting over again!  For a better price look here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8992__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_.html

I will purchase one of those Turnigy 9X transmitters i know they are not DSM2 but that does not bother me really.

I am not sure what type of technology the Turnigy transmitter uses but i will not buy from the company you mention as they are not in my good books.  :angry:

Dave

XH558

I had a DX6i at first and got it to do most things with the help of this video by mixing the 2 position switches .....

Setting up the NAZA';s Return To Home on the DX6i

But I was fed up with not being able to get all the modes so I sold the DX6i on Ebay and bought a DX7  ::)

A 3 position switch makes all the difference  :rolleyes:

Then when you have one you can mix all the features as I discovered with this

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1397.0

Sorted  :azn
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

davethepitch

Hello all

I have just purchased a Turnigy 9X and when it arrives i will try and find out how to set up the 3 way switch so as i get all the three flight modes of the Naza Manual, Attitude and GPS modes.

I have been looking and i cannot find what type of technology the Turnigy 9X uses eg Spektrum uses DSM2.

Thanks Dave

XH558

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Hands0n

Dave, there are two videos you should watch that show how to set up the Turnigy 9X for the Naza

1st - set the 3 position switch DJI Naza 3 Flight Modes (Attitude, Manual, and GPS) w/ Turnigy 9X Transmitter and 3 Position Switch
2nd - set the Failsafe switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mXNIM1LHeg

That should give you all that you';re looking for.

The Turnigy 9X is based on FlSky (seems everyone pronounces it Fly Sky) equipment. They use a fairly aggressive channnel hopping arrangement to ensure no brown outs between TX and RX.   The 9X I received has the module wired in, although you can fit any other radio module - which will require a little bit of re-engineering in the case, from what I read.  It is a very trusted and widely used TX by all accounts.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

Quote from: davethepitch on Tuesday,June 25, 2013, 21:58:34
I will purchase one of those Turnigy 9X transmitters i know they are not DSM2 but that does not bother me really.

I am not sure what type of technology the Turnigy transmitter uses but i will not buy from the company you mention as they are not in my good books.  :angry:

Dave
I hate to say it but you are buying from them but indirectly - Turnigy is just a brand name used by Hobby King, the only thing different you are getting to what you would get from HK is extra cost because a third party is involved - these are the people who buy loads of them to sell on and the main cause of HK being out of stock most of the time - that said if you';re happier buying from EBay it';s your choice  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

davethepitch

Quote from: DarrellW on Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 07:19:06
I hate to say it but you are buying from them but indirectly - Turnigy is just a brand name used by Hobby King, the only thing different you are getting to what you would get from HK is extra cost because a third party is involved - these are the people who buy loads of them to sell on and the main cause of HK being out of stock most of the time - that said if you';re happier buying from EBay it';s your choice  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Hello DarrellW

I had read that but the problem i had was when i purchased an item from the UK warehouse that was faulty and it had to go back to the UK warehouse and i was told to send it back by tracking method which i did (and it was not cheap).

I will not go into detail but i used the online customer support with all the same old blah blah and telling me it was being dispatched when it was not and even though they had 10+ of the same item in the UK warehouse they said the replacement had to come from the main place so i had to wait for a package from Singapore but at least i finally ended up with my item.

Dave

Hands0n

I really do not know why companies get post-sales so completely and utterly wrong. Its not as if the people that create the regime don';t buy "stuff" themselves.  The simple question to be asked is "Would I be happy to experience my own regime".

--
Danny

guest325

Quote from: davethepitch on Wednesday,June 26, 2013, 07:41:21
Hello DarrellW

I had read that but the problem i had was when i purchased an item from the UK warehouse that was faulty and it had to go back to the UK warehouse and i was told to send it back by tracking method which i did (and it was not cheap).

I will not go into detail but i used the online customer support with all the same old blah blah and telling me it was being dispatched when it was not and even though they had 10+ of the same item in the UK warehouse they said the replacement had to come from the main place so i had to wait for a package from Singapore but at least i finally ended up with my item.

Dave
I suppose I';ve been lucky, I';ve had a load of stuff off them and all has been OK but understand where you are coming from now - once bitten twice shy!!!