Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 04:31:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My First (Recorded) FPV Flight

Started by dp106, Saturday,June 22, 2013, 23:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

dp106

Hi all.  Just uploaded some footage from my first FPV flight that I recorded.  I wasn';t as adventurous as I';d have liked, my video was breaking up a bit as I';ve squashed one of the antenna';s :banghead:

Was really pleased with my setup before I squashed the antenna, had a great flight the night before this one flying around a park.  I';m loving it so far, I';ve found it quite difficult flying in manual mode LOS but in FPV it feels so much more natural.

I dont think I would ever have got this far without this forum, thanks to everyone on here.  Special thanks to Gav, ChrisH, Biffa and Nub who all been especially helpful  :beer2:

http://youtu.be/a4qa24MSx1M

nub

nice flight, i lasted the whole of 5 secs in manual mode :laugh:

cheers for the mention, glad to have been of some help :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dp106

Well without your help I doubt I would of got the camera working or it would have taken me a lot longer to work it out.

I like flying manual in fpv, not very good at hovering though.

Having a bit of an issue with the goggles steaming up now though :-S

guest325

At the moment I only fly los but seeing more of fpv it is giving me expensive thoughts  :evil  but the way things are at the moment if I go for it it';s gonna have to be on a strict budget - I';ve got an 808#16 camera and my 450 quad but no idea what the rest of the stuff needed will cost for a reasonable (budget) setup.
Nice to see that you';re enjoying your fpv setup and interesting to see your comment about it seeming to be more natural, I find the same when flying on sim.

dp106

Quote from: DarrellW on Sunday,June 23, 2013, 09:38:40
At the moment I only fly los but seeing more of fpv it is giving me expensive thoughts  :evil  but the way things are at the moment if I go for it it';s gonna have to be on a strict budget - I';ve got an 808#16 camera and my 450 quad but no idea what the rest of the stuff needed will cost for a reasonable (budget) setup.
Nice to see that you';re enjoying your fpv setup and interesting to see your comment about it seeming to be more natural, I find the same when flying on sim.
I bought the Attitude Goggles which were £280 from a UK supplier. You then need a 2 cell battery. You can use any 2 cell but you need a barrel plug connector so you can connect it. By sheer fluke I found an old charger and cut it off there. If you buy the fatshark battery it';s £18.

The stock antennas are really not great so you';ll want a set of Gav';s skew antennas. £30

I used my gopro as the camera initially which wasn';t too bad except it was not good at all coping with the change between light and dark. It made me nervous about gaining any height because everything on the ground went so dark. I';m guessing the 808#16 might be similar but you could try it to start with and get a better one when funds allowed?

If you really want to go on a budget you could get the predators? They';re about £245 and I believe include everything you need. Can';t comment on the quality though.

Biffa

Nice flying dp :cool:

It takes a little getting used to, especially taking off and landing but flying FPV is and does come more natural. It';s a lot easier than LOS because none of the controls reverse.

It looks and sounds like your enjoying it, and this is what the hobby is all about ~~

Just a shame at times it';s so damned expensive :rolleyes:
Steve

dp106

Yeah my first flight felt very strange I was turning my head to see what was to the left of the quad :-)

dp106

Any idea how I stop my goggles misting up?

Hands0n

Demisting, a perennial problem for motorcyclists.

Cheap n cheerful solution may be to apply a very thin smear of washing up liquid to the glass, polish it lightly (don';t rub it all off).

Next up, one of the helmet visor sprays - essentially similar chemicals.

Or ... don';t get so excited  ::)

Nah. Strike that last one  :laugh:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Col_M

Quote from: dp106 on Sunday,June 23, 2013, 11:14:19
Any idea how I stop my goggles misting up?
I';m getting this issue too, not when I';m using them though, when I put them on my forehead they get fogged up, I pull them down and everything is soft focus  :laugh:
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

dp106

Quote from: Col_M on Sunday,June 23, 2013, 16:33:27
I';m getting this issue too, not when I';m using them though, when I put them on my forehead they get fogged up, I pull them down and everything is soft focus  :laugh:
Yeah I';ve noticed that too so try to put them straight onto my eyes which helps a bit but they still fog up

pete-c

Nice one I agree with your comments regsrding the forum.

Pete
DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera