Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 15:45:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Simonk 30 Amp ESCs

Started by Bobbyr, Saturday,June 22, 2013, 18:49:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbyr

I purchased these for my Quad ,
        http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=876&productname=

I fitted everything to my Quad , with the New sunnysky 980kv motors , connected it all up , and Nothing !!!!!

Further investigation has now shown me my error , The ESCs are OPTO , this is without BEC . the KK2 board takes power from ESC number 1 , and it needs to be 5v , but the ESCs don';t put any power out  :o.

Is there any way of adding in a Bec , I have small 5 amp BEC laying around , but how do you add it to the ESC ?

Bit gutted cos I was looking forward to trying the Simonk ESCs , and the Sunnysky motors .

Help please if you can , I don';t want to have to buy more ESCs

Bob

Bobbyr

Thanks but ,
          I have UBEC/BEC to 5 amps .
     However the KK2 takes its power from the ESC lead on Number 1 Motor , So if I use a Ubec from power supply to the Flight controller in the Number 1 pins on the KK2 ,  number 1 ESC wont be connected to the FC .

Hope that makes sense

Bob

davidnclare

You could just use a short "Y" lead on number 1.
Plug female on to KK board, user one male for the BEC and one for the ESC.
David

Biffa

Or remove the red and black pins from the plug on the ESC and replace with the red and black pins from the BEC.

That way you are powering the KK board with the BEC and still have signal to the ESC and you don';t have to buy anything else ~~
Steve

nub

pretty sure i powered mine through the receiver with a UBEC.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

davidnclare

There you go three ways of doing it, what more can you ask for LOL.

Bobbyr

Thank you all for suggestions,

I have Soldered the Pos and Neg from the Ubec , to the Pos and neg of the ESC where it plugs into power dist board , Then I soldered the Signal wire from ESC to the white Signal wire from Ubec , and plugged it in . Seems to work and powers the KK2 .

So again Thank you all

I just did not want to assume it would work , and just a little reassurance goes a long way .

Bob