Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 18:02:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

TeslaQuad.....My Story

Started by FlyinMarty, Saturday,June 22, 2013, 12:46:10

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyinMarty

Right, after uming and erring for some time I committed and bought one of Chris';s (TeslaHead) TelsaQuads.

Despite having a little issue with being unable to connect to the MultWii from my laptop I decieded to give it a go. 

After a couple of seconds in the air it became apparent that I had a slight backwards drift and a tiny bit or right rudder - by rights I should be using MultiWiiConf to dial these out, but as I can';t connect I have trimmed these out in the TX until I get the MultWii connection sorted.

After I was happy it was a little more stable, I decided, despite the rather breezy and gusty wind to have a quick hover in the garden (yes I know this is not ideal - but I couldn';t wait any longer).

I am probably going to embarrass myself, but hey-ho, here';s a video of today';s, first ever proper attempts at flying.
Sorry about the quality - I need to get a proper video camera (probably a quad flyers favourite, a GoPro) but I need a few more pennies.

http://youtu.be/bBbltlEsa4k  :popcorn:

I am very happy with the Quad, thanks Chris & happy that it is still in one piece

(more posts to come as I progress)
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

teslahed

Just watched the video - considering the wind you';ve got that thing holding very steady!  Hovering in small spaces like that might not be the funnest thing you can do with a quadcopter but it';s great practice for learning precision control.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

FlyinMarty

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,June 22, 2013, 13:16:20
.... considering the wind you';ve got that thing holding very steady....

The stability is my skill, nothing to do with the way it was set up ;)  & you can tell how windy it is by the way the weeds are being blown about :laugh:
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

nub

not bad at all for your 1st attempt, well done!
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Biffa

Pretty good going, those little quads sound really angry :cool:
Steve

Marty McFly

very good Marty,you must be ahappy camper now,Marty    :scotland:

philtrum

Looks good to me :)
You should be happy
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

FlyinMarty

Thank you for all positive comments...I know I have a long way to go, but one day I';ll crack it and then move onto FPV
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

FlyinMarty

OK, so I have a couple of days off & I crept out the house today for a quick flight, or four.

Did a bit of hovering and forwards/ backwards flight.  Also got a bit overexcited and tried flying away from myself, piro then flying towards myself - that ended up in the grass, with motors looking like...

...quite a few times

anyway a boring vid of what I tried today.... :popcorn:
http://youtu.be/0kRavyldE5U

Also tried some old Heli landing gear on it, but was way to heavy and really messed with the way the quad flew, so took that off pretty sharpish.
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

Hands0n

Very nice  ~~  That hangs in the air rather well. 
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

FlyinMarty

So I went out and flew today...all I can say is "Ooops I did it again".

Was flying in a slight breeze, an gust cam along and caught the quad - started blowing it sideways.  Tried to point it into the wind to bring it back to me but lost orientation - sun was behind me and made it hard to see the LEDs. Quad met ground and.....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60378188/2013-12-08%2009.59.03.jpg

If I';m honest, I was pushing my luck and trying banked turns, so, maybe it was my fault as well

Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

guest325

Oops, never mind it doesn';t look too expensive to fix - put it all down to experience!