Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 22:36:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Daft question No. 546

Started by XH558, Thursday,June 20, 2013, 10:22:28

Previous topic - Next topic

XH558

Ok - So I had a good working hexcopter with Naza - then I decided to go and try KK2 again on a quad  - so have 6 DJI 30 Opto escs and 4 TBS 30 escs.

I then had this yen to try FPV so broke up the Hex and made the QAV500 clone with 4 of the DJI Opto escs

So - 2 spare DJI Optos

Now I just bought a Naza Lite with GPS on a whim and have decided to go back to a Hex using the old 1cm carbon arms I had before (with carbon motor mounts and motors already fitted) but I';m cutting the arms shorter as I was getting arm flex.

Don';t want to break up the QAV500 clone to retrieve the 4 x DJI Opto - But willing to break up the KK2 quad with TBS 30a escs.....

So here we are ....Daft question number 546 is ...

Can I use 4 x TBS 30 amp escs from the quad and 2 x spare DJI Opto escs together on a Hex - as far as I am aware all 6 are SimonK??

Well ok - I know I CAN ..... but the more important question is SHOULD I ....:hmm: :hmm:

[Hard hat mode] .......hides below level of parapet [/Hard hat mode]

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

nub

don';t know anything about the TBS ESC';s but the DJI OPTO';s from what i know need to be flashed with blheli code, so i doubt they';ll being using SimonK firmware.

as long as they were all running the same firmware i don';t see there being a problem IMO.

i';m sure someone with a little more knowledge shall help u out a bit more.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

XH558

Bump - anyone else want to make a comment/have an opinion  :hmm:

Personally I thought all Opto escs and TBS escs were designed for quads and therefore at least SimonK equivalent by default ... I';m probably way off the mark  :embarrassed
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

teslahed

QuoteCan I use 4 x TBS 30 amp escs from the quad and 2 x spare DJI Opto escs together on a Hex - as far as I am aware all 6 are SimonK??

Well ok - I know I CAN ..... but the more important question is SHOULD I ....:hmm: :hmm:

You can but for best results you shouldn';t.

There are different versions of the SimonK firmware for different ESCs - i am not sure which versions the TBS and DJI ESCs use but the odds of them being exactly the same are not that high.

Even if the firmware versions are identical the chips and layout of the circuit boards will be different. The 2 sets of ESCs will not perform identically to each other which is what you want for best results.

Having said all that i expect it will work fine if you do use 2 different sets of ESC. Most likely you';ll just find stability and flight performance are not quite as good as they should be - the flight controller will compensate automatically for the differences in the ESCs and adjust the thrust of the motors on the fly to compensate.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

XH558

Fair enough .. I was just being lazy and looking for the easy option ... so this evening I stripped the QAV Clone down and took the DJI Opto 30s out and replaced them with the 4 TBS escs - now I have the 6 Optos back together for the new Hex ....

now I have to rebuild the QAV clone and completely build the new hex with the shorter arms ....

fettlin'; fettlin'; .... always fettlin'; ...... I jus'; loves de fettlin';  ::)