Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 03:03:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

kit advice please...

Started by jimmyhorns, Monday,June 17, 2013, 15:58:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyhorns

Hi all, new to the forum here, Gav recommended I come along...

Im not new to RC, have been flying fixed wing and helis for a while now, and started a heli club - South Hants Helis just this year...

I am however new to multi-rotors.... having obtained a second hand f550, kitted it with an ardupilot and neo 6M gps...

It seems to be talking together well and apart from me awaiting some new props (had a user error incident at the weekend) flys well..... a 433Mhz telemetry module is on its way....

The next step for me is the fpv side of things....

I have looked at the hobbyking el cheapo side of things, which looks tempting, but I would need to build diy goggles for it to work well for me im thinking (its bright at the field).

With fixed wing and helis I have fallen into the trap of buying cheap only to regret it later (as with lots of things in life really).

So, big question is:

If you were starting out with a multi-rotor, what would you get for fpv? This is for fun not commercial though it would be nice to be able to shoot some smooth video :)

Thanks in advance

James

Gav

Hi James let me be the first to welcome you here.  :)

This is definitely the best Multirotor forum with plenty of help and experience on tap.

Well you';ve seen my fpv clobber ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8GHz with Fatshark Dominator goggles with built in vrx and skew planar antennas of course ;D
5800uno or duo if you want external receiver.

Servo gimbal you have will be fine if you can mount it nicely with dampening hangers or rubber fixing posts for example. Brushless gimbal for slick supersmooth vid.

I know you';re after OSD and telemetry for your APM2.5  and I';m sure others can chip in with some suggestions.  I like EzOSD for multirotor as it provides the basics but very clear info.  Rvosd is good for planes I believe.

Lots to think about but keeping it simple is best advise I can give.
Minimal gear to keep price down well I mean not as expensive AND to keep it portable / quick setup time.

Balders

Welcome along.  Fatsharks are still the goggles of choice and with good reason.

Buy cheap, buy twice :)

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Marty McFly

Hi Jimmy and welcome to the mad world of Multi';s,you will find a lot of help on the forum and really helpfull people,just ask and some one will help,I fly the APM+433 telemetry,so any questions just fire ahead,all the best Marty. :scotland:

Gaza07

Hi james and welcome to the forum there are quite a few of us flying Arducopter so you should be ok if you need any help, the 433mhz telemetry modules are very good and will allow you to plan missions and fine tune your copter with out the need for a usb connection, as for fpv gear its not some thing im into yet but most seem to go for fat sharks,
drop into the forum chat some time theres always a few guys around who are always willing to help if they can and quite a few fly fpv  ~~  :beer2:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

jimmyhorns

Thanks for your replies.....

I get the buy cheap buy twice..... Just not sure that I can rationalise forking out for the goggles before I know its for me.....

Maybe fatshark compatible Tx, with a cheap receiver and the DIY goggles and then if I like it can shell out for the goggles........

Tooooooo many decisions :(

Hands0n

Hi Jimmy - As a newb my goal is FPV,  and in looking around I am counting the cost of getting up and running (once I can actually fly a lot better). 

On YouTube and elsewhere I';ve noticed some people are using small flat screen TVs for their FPV, mounted on a tripod with the RX gear or fitted into a builder';s helmet (I think it was teslahed on here, I may be wrong). 

These 7" monitors can be really cheap - £23.95 on eBay for instance http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-INCH-Headrest-Monitor-for-Car-Reversing-Camera-Headrest-Monitor-UK-Stock-/330908027782?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4d0ba7cb86

Maybe as a "throw-away" interim solution it may be a good way to get the FPV going before diving in for the FatSharks which seem to be the only ones worth having by all accounts.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

firey1

i built my fpv system on the cheap using the 5.8ghz systems of ebay and a pair of video glasses with AV in that i connect to the video receiver works great for me and has lasted many a flight I also have the 7 inch screen on my transmitter tray for when i do my camera shooting so know where the lens is pointing but also flying LOS 
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Vidal

Hey
Im currently using a cheap 7 " monitor. It works fine for fpv. Although im sure I could get alot better if I spent the money.
Im about to start using my laptop monitor to see if I can get a better picture. Will let you know if it';s much better

TBC15

Quote from: Hands0n on Monday,June 17, 2013, 22:15:09
Hi Jimmy - As a newb my goal is FPV,  and in looking around I am counting the cost of getting up and running (once I can actually fly a lot better). 

On YouTube and elsewhere I';ve noticed some people are using small flat screen TVs for their FPV, mounted on a tripod with the RX gear or fitted into a builder';s helmet (I think it was teslahed on here, I may be wrong). 

These 7" monitors can be really cheap - £23.95 on eBay for instance http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-INCH-Headrest-Monitor-for-Car-Reversing-Camera-Headrest-Monitor-UK-Stock-/330908027782?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4d0ba7cb86

Maybe as a "throw-away" interim solution it may be a good way to get the FPV going before diving in for the FatSharks which seem to be the only ones worth having by all accounts.

Any problems with blue screen with this item?