Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 07:21:51

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

WKM Failsafe testing

Started by Balders, Sunday,June 16, 2013, 20:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Balders

Here';s a couple of test failsafe landings on my WKM.  First time I';ve tried it so please excuse any bad language :)

http://youtu.be/PoCg8Xszrxg
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

Steve

steve fh

It';s not a nice feeling when you take the plunge and flick the switch, but good to watch if it works
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

Balders

Got to load it up with some weight next and try again (equivalent of my big gimbal and a DSLR). Probably 2kg of water or there abouts, but I';ll weigh it all up first. Also need to test by turning the Tx off rather than initiate by switch. Will be double checking that in the assistant first lol.

Certainly a "pucker" thing to do :)

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Biffa

Quote from: Balders on Monday,June 17, 2013, 16:28:47
...Also need to test by turning the Tx off rather than initiate by switch. Will be double checking that in the assistant first lol.

Certainly a "pucker" thing to do :)

When I first did it with my el cheapo quad and the AIOP board it was ';pucker inducing'; enough :rolleyes:
Steve

rsmith21

I thought about testing my newly built NAZAFLY13 ( IFLY-4 Conversion ) but decided if I try it and it crashes its broke. If I don';t test it, it aint broke, so if I ever have to depend on it, that';s when I';ll find out :).
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

shaktar

Looks good, how accurate was it for landing back at the same spot?

Is it more so than the naza you think ?
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].

Balders

Was probably 6ft rearward of takeoff spot, but bang on in line both attempts.

Any more accurate than naza...hmmm, not much difference I would say, I';ve had naza rth ttests where it';s landed about 10ft away, and naza tests when it';s hit the spot within inches probably.

When we tested my mate';s mikrocopter, it was probably 10ft off I would say, for comparison.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

AndyTee

I';m very much a noob, been flying for about 2 months now, on my own land, but now I';m confident enough to go out and about, I';ve just enabled failsafe on my copter, I don';t have enough channels to have it on a switch, (until I get a new gimbal..!) but I took the plunge, and switched off the TX...!
I was hovering about 30m away from the take off point, at about 10m altitude..
I was a little surprised at the delay before anything happened, at first I wondered if it was working or not, but then the copter started to rise to the 20m I had set in the assistant software, and once it got up there it gradually started to fly towards the take off point.
Eventually, it reached the take off point, and started to descend, again very slowly..
At about 10m I bottled it, and switched the TX back on, to take over the landing... but.. nothing happened...???? the copter just kept descending, and after wobbling the sticks and playing with the throttle with absolutely no result I switched the Tx back off, crossed everything, and watched the copter slowly descend to the ground.
All in all a pretty gentle landing, but from turning the TX off to actually hitting the ground must have taken over 2 minutes, and it was only 30 metres away..
My worry is that I only have a 6 minute battery life, so I';m concerned that if I lost signal after 5 mins of flight, it would never make it home...!!!!!!
My throttle was set at 48%, when I did the failsafe setup on my DX8 and AR8000...
Anyone have and comments or experience they might share on this subject..??
Many thanks
Andy

Droidworks ADH4 V3 heavy lift, Wookong M, DJI OSD mk2, DJI 5.8 Ghz video,  Spektrum DX8, AR8000. GoPro Hero3 black FPV/vid , Nex5 on Photohigher AV130.
Droidworks ADH4 V3 heavy lift, Wookong M, DJI OSD mk2, DJI 5.8 Ghz video,  Spektrum DX8, AR8000 flight control. GoPro Hero3 black for FPV/video, Nex5n on Photohigher AV130 for stills. Freefly hdmi converter, Gentle LED shutter release. DX6i and AR6200 for gimbal and camera control.

Robin

[Hi Andy
I too am also a novice of two weeks and have yet to try the failsafe, (planning on trying it out tonight)
I see you have the dji 5.8 video link and a NEX5, im looking at this set-up, how do you send real-time video from the Sony to the dji link as one is HDMI and the other analogue?
Robin

AndyTee

I use the freefly HDMI to analogue converter..:-) but there are focus / release issues with the Nex5n when using  hdmi output and an IR shutter release.. I';ll pm you the details and workaround as I don';t want to hijack this thread..!
regards
Andy
Droidworks ADH4 V3 heavy lift, Wookong M, DJI OSD mk2, DJI 5.8 Ghz video,  Spektrum DX8, AR8000 flight control. GoPro Hero3 black for FPV/video, Nex5n on Photohigher AV130 for stills. Freefly hdmi converter, Gentle LED shutter release. DX6i and AR6200 for gimbal and camera control.

shaktar

Try giving the gpd mode switch a flick back and forth after you turn the receiver back on.

When i flick the failsafe switch on and then turn it off it wont give me control until I flick from gps hold to alt and back again.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].

Balders

yup, you will find it in the manual somewhere...you have to switch atti to gps mode I think (or manual to gps mode, one or the other) in order to take control back.  This kinda makes sense...if say for example the Tx had been knocked out of your hands and the switches all over the place and the battery out, last thing you';d want is to plug battery back in and it to go doolaley!

As to how long it took to do the RTH function, again it';s all by design, it hangs about like that in case you accidentally lost control or went out of range.  It gives you the opportunity to get back in range (ie hold the Tx higher/remove obstacle/run toward it like billy-o) before it executes.  Same with the over-head hold, although I agree in the grand scheme of things it can take a little time.  I have got the whole of the rth on video so might look at the timings later on, see just how long it actually took.  Feels like forever but probably less than a minute.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Robin

[Hi Andy
I too am also a novice of two weeks and have yet to try the failsafe, (planning on trying it out tonight)
I see you have the dji 5.8 video link and a NEX5, im looking at this set-up, how do you send real-time video from the Sony to the dji link as one is HDMI and the other analogue?
Robin