Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,August 21, 2019, 15:40:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Gaza07:
09 Jul 2019 18:10:30
Hope you all have a great day  :beer2:
Andy7:
09 Jul 2019 14:05:28
BFU#8 details locked in for this saturday - see the head of the forum thread for all details.
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196563
  • Total Topics: 19802
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 33
Total: 34

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Simulators

Started by Vidal, Sunday,June 16, 2013, 00:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidal

Is there any good quad simulators iut there that I csn use my Turnigy 9x with?
Whats the best and is there any good free ones

firey1

havent found a really good one that simulates my quad
but

for a cheap one that also does FPV sim

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24710__AeroSIM_RC_Multi_Function_Flight_Simulator_System.html

others are
Phoneix 4
RealFlight 6

FMS is free and has a quad but not that great

with the 9x you need to pull the TX module from the back to use the cable for sim which means you have it dangling by the aerial wire or there is a mod to fix that but involves a bit of soldering i think
I bought a flysky 9x for sim flying as its module comes out completely
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Yosser70

I';ve been using this one recently http://modelsimulator.com/ and found it really good and it';s free. I doesn';t do multirotors as far as I know, just planes or helicopters but if you';re looking to improve your coordination it';ll help. There are a few sites where you can download more models to fly which keeps it interesting.

firey1

Quote from: Yosser70 on Sunday,June 16, 2013, 00:19:34
I';ve been using this one recently http://modelsimulator.com/ and found it really good and it';s free. I doesn';t do multirotors as far as I know, just planes or helicopters but if you';re looking to improve your coordination it';ll help. There are a few sites where you can download more models to fly which keeps it interesting.

yeah thats the FMS sim
there is a quad you can get for that sim

http://rcsci.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/fms-simulator-models-for-multirotor.html
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

kym

[Set to playback]

HobbyKing used to sell a bunch of TX leads and a CD with 3 flight sims on it -- one of them FMS (that has a quad model elsewhere on the web). Price was around $US5. But the comments down the bottom indicated some people didn';t get the right leads and some didn';t get a CD, or the CD was screwed up.

I went to ebay and got a similar kit (there are usually a few on ebay, it seems) for $US2 free postage from Hong Kong. Never looked at it apart from verifying I got one with a CD.

Canberra UAV use CRRCSIM -- written by a couple guys from Boston (Charles River RC club).

It suite me down to the ground because it has all the models I want, allows you to hook your 9x in via several different methods -- presently I use the master/slave plugged into the mic input of my audio card -- and allows you to twiddle the channels, mixes, etc either on the TX or in the program.

There probably are add-ons around the place, but I';ve been happy with the 2-3 standard scenes and models (lots of gliders but only 1 quad -- "+" mode only). It';s allowed me to tune up my poor old 450 and Turnigy 9x (yar -- I have the prom programmer card in there, but never dared to burn anything over the top of the std firmware), modulo qc01 being "+" and mine an "x". But I got to see what various levels of expo looked like and adjusted same accordingly.

In addition, the s/w allows you to hook in other firmware incl some nav boards. Probably OK if you live near Davis Field or Cape Cod -- the 2 std locations it comes with -- and can relate to the waypoints needed. (Cape Cod has particularly breezy conditions and it can be a challenge skating down the seawall and not going into the drink or statosphere).

The s/w is pretty easy to understand and mod. I hooked in my own flight control s/w to simulate gps and alt holds and even can activate them with the mode switch on the TX.

Somewhat harder to do was a pic-in-pic to get an FPV view from the copter. Turns out there are a few cheats in the scenery painting. Essentially you as operator have a fixed pos in each scene and the surrounds are just pointed on "billboards" positioned N, S, E and W of you about 100 m away. If you try to look from the copter down to the ground you can see over the billboards into the blackness of the rest of the unpainted universe. But you can fix that with infinitley high and further-away billboards. :)

Yosser70

Quote from: firey1 on Sunday,June 16, 2013, 00:23:55
yeah thats the FMS sim
there is a quad you can get for that sim

http://rcsci.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/fms-simulator-models-for-multirotor.html

Cool, I';d not seen these, I';ll have a play :-)

pete-c

I use Phoenix 4 but have found the hubsan x4 is a very good to practice with.

PETE
DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera

FlyinMarty

Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli