Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 10:43:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Spare RC305 receiver

Started by teslahed, Saturday,June 15, 2013, 18:44:15

Previous topic - Next topic

teslahed

Well my FPV setup seems to have just crapped out. I';m getting terrible interference on my video where the image is distorted and takes up half the screen. I have swapped out everything except the RC305 video receiver so i think the problem may be that.

Does anyone have a spare RC305 receiver or similar compatible hardware i could borrow? I';m trying to think of a way to test the setup without spending the money only to discover the problem is something else.

If it is the receiver i';m a bit annoyed as i wasn';t doing anything that should have caused it to fail.

http://youtu.be/93ERSpuEvBA
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

firey1

Hey Chris have you tried a different camera also as
the first FPV set i got came with a camera and thats sort of like  the images i was getting from it

Just a thought

Mike
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

teslahed

Good suggestion but yes, i have used a different camera. And i have had this camera working, this morning.

I';ve tried 2 different receivers.

Multiple different video cables.

2 different set of aerials.

1 monitor and 1 PC capture card for the video display.

And i';m getting the same results with everything. The only part i haven';t managed to swap out is the receiver.

I have read that some people find their receivers get quite warm on 3 cells in the past. I have been running my FPV setup inside for longer than normal whilst testing my OSD which i managed to get working just the other day. I wonder if i';ve damaged the receiver by overheating it slightly somehow?

firey1

ok bugger was just a thought and you gone through everything else
and yes about the powering

i run mine on a 9v life battery as on 12v it got very hot
just a bugger im over here as i have a spare you couldve had
MIKE

F450 quad
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

teslahed

Well i am now working on the assumption that I';ve overheated my receiver.

Unfortunately this probably means i will be forced to by an overpriced video receiver from somewhere in the UK even though it would be half the price from the far east, because there';s no way I can wait 2 weeks to get back in the air  :(

AM556

I wonder if there would be any improvement on a different frequency?

firey1

MIKE

F450 quad

Hands0n

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

AIRCONROB

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 19:53:31
Well i am now working on the assumption that I';ve overheated my receiver.

Unfortunately this probably means i will be forced to by an overpriced video receiver from somewhere in the UK even though it would be half the price from the far east, because there';s no way I can wait 2 weeks to get back in the air  :(

Did you get sorted out with one? as I have these which I';ve not even used, appart from the TX leads which I';ve robbed for one of my quads.

teslahed

I haven';t got one yet. If you think you might be able to part with your unused RC305 i would be very interested in buying it of you.

I have pm';d you, thanks :smiley:

AIRCONROB

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 23:28:04
I haven';t got one yet. If you think you might be able to part with your unused RC305 i would be very interested in buying it of you.

I have pm';d you, thanks :smiley:

No PM recieved yet, if its of any use to you for £30 for the both as I';ve no use for them. As I run my stuff with Fat Shark and Immersion.

Rob

firey1

my suggestion Chris would be to run it on a 9v li fe battery

I can go through 5  10 min flights with the 9v LiFe battery powering the VTX and the 7 inch screen and still have plenty of power left
MIKE

F450 quad

teslahed

Quote from: AIRCONROB on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 23:43:44
No PM recieved yet, if its of any use to you for £30 for the both

That sounds fair - but what is the other item? The picture is too small i can';t make it out.

Quotemy suggestion Chris would be to run it on a 9v li fe battery

I was thinking along those lines - the LiFe gives a bit more voltage than a 2 cell and slightly more safety than a lipo when mounted to my head as well.

teslahed

I will buy both of those from you for £30 if you are happy to sell. Thanks :smiley:

I';ve pm';d you. PM me with details on how you want paid and i will sort it out for you - i am happy to use online banking or paypal.

If there is any chance you can get it in the post monday i would be really grateful. I';ve got a brand new FPV hexacopter i can';t fly until i get my video working again :frantic:

AIRCONROB

AIRCONROB

Chris, sent you an e-mail mate  ~~

Rob

teslahed

That';s the rc305 and transmitter arrived in the post just now, thanks AirconRob!  :smiley:

Gav

You could look on the other channel fpvhub. And check the classifieds or stick up a wanted ad.  Best bet other than ordering new.  Good luck

Edit....Oppss didnt see you have sorted something. ...didnt see the last page of replies what a muppet

AIRCONROB

Quote from: teslahed on Tuesday,June 18, 2013, 11:20:58
That';s the rc305 and transmitter arrived in the post just now, thanks AirconRob!  :smiley:

No problem Chris, I just need to sort out the rest of my things as been really busy with my work and not getting the rest of my quads finished, they';ve been on the back burner for too long. Holiday on thursday and then its time to do some testing when I get back lol.