Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 15:39:21

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Nice vid but oh my

Started by DarrenG, Saturday,June 15, 2013, 09:09:28

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenG

Came across this on Youtube. Nice video without doubt but I';m not so sure that  activity like this is going to do FPV any favours.

On a technical note, I';m impressed at how stable the platform was given the location. Hard to imagine there is ever a day with no wind on the seafront at Blackpool let alone at the top of the tower.

http://youtu.be/i8bOJDLnBjU
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

teslahed

Unfortunately i have to agree with you Darren. Flying low over a crowded sea front is not a good idea - going to end with disaster that. People that fly like this are the reason our hobby is likely to be a lot less fun and involve a lot more legislation in a few years time.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

fruitsalad

he seriously needs a reality check,SAFETY FIRST FOOL..
flying around active rides how ******* stoopid,one crash or bad mishap hate to think of the next bit..
not impressed at all  :thumbdown:
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

guest325

As has already been said, nice vid but no thought at all about the consequences of bird strike or dumb thumb, this guy doesn';t do the hobby any favours - and he needs to be told so!

steve fh

As video footage is now being used to prosecute motorists are videos like this not evidence enough to prosecute for breach of the ANO ?   :shrug:
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

powerlord

Absolutely, persecution has happened inparamotor world baed on video.

It doesn';t help of course when one of the largest fpv companies. Black sheep, travels the world doing exactly this sort of dangerous Stupid flying too
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

steve fh

Probably cutting my nose off to spite my face but it';s one of the reasons i';ve resisted (to date) buying a TBS Discovery is that their marketing is based on promoting irresponsible flying.

That said it';s not far removed from the use of urban based skate and MTB marketing videos used by the Likes of DC Shoes and Red Bull.
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

Hands0n

I';m new to the game and it even had me shaking my metaphorical head in places.  Given that the mere mention of the word "Drone" if liable to cause hysteria in the media I agree with all of the above. One strike could be sufficient for draconian UK laws to be enabled. It happened with so-called dangerous dogs and firearms.  And being a motorcyclist I am well aware of what its like being the scourge of the human race.  :o
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

teslahed

Quote from: DarrellW on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 11:50:31 and he needs to be told so!

lol - i did in the comments, but i don';t expect it to do any good.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

guest325

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 16:24:40
+1 and you';re probably right but if enough people do the same perhaps it might sink in!

Biffa

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 16:24:40

Of course not. Just another chump with plenty of expensive gear and a total disregard for everyone else';s safety.
Steve

peter_a

I think someone gets the same youtube "what to watch" list as me ?

After watching the video my thoughts at the time was that one day this is going to end badly for somebody, there is a reason they say that with FPV you need an observer, because of limited field of view, and the law of "if anything can go wrong at some time it will" it only take a bird hitting the multirotor from behind and a car full of rollercoaster fans are going to get a face full of props.
( I  think failsafe would help get out too )
I don`t think having insurance is going to get you out of the mire if you kill someone!!!  , and pretty sure they never got permission to fly within the pleasure park, because the person who was in charge health and safety would die laughing.

Britishguy

robshaw

Hmmm. Great video. I';m going to be slightly controversial. I agree with everyone';s comments and in parts he is acting irresponsibly (bit too near the big one) but on a whole I think his flying is no more risky than driving your car down the promenade at 30mph. He';s clearly a pretty competent pilot and he has good reliable equipment which he has put his trust in (not sure I';d do this with my crius :-) There';s numerous factors to consider when doing this sort of flying I know. Equipment failure, weather conditions and skills. But are they not the same factors that you need to consider when driving a car on public roads. Yes his quad could have fallen out the sky and seriously hurt or killed somebody as could a car get a blow out and career off the road onto the pavement and mow down several people. I would love to be able to create footage like this. Is this not what people are aiming for with all this equipment. There';s no visual pleasure in flying through featureless fields or baron landscapes. I use driving a car as example but most activities carry some sort of risk. Yes unfortunately there seems to the feeling of one strike and were out with this hobby but thats an unfortunate aspect of what we do. People hopping up and down in their back gardens on maiden test flights are a risk to themselves and if they take their faces off with props and make the press then thats the one strike as well. Through risk of not wanting to alienate myself from everyone on here, I';ve neither got the balls or the skills to do this type of flight but if I did I would love to have a fly around Blackpool front albeit in a marginally less risky way but 90% of his flight I would love to try.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

robshaw

I also agree with what Peter says. The pleasure park is private land ultimately and permission would never be granted. Therefore should definately be avoided.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Biffa

Quote from: robshaw on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 17:20:21 but on a whole I think his flying is no more risky than driving your car down the promenade at 30mph.

People have a choice to not walk down the promenade, they don';t have a choice whether he flys over their heads or not. He has made a mental decision to put others at risk for his own enjoyment which he does not have to do and he has no right to endanger other people in the process.

Using the car analogy is like saying it';s OK to speed past a school at 70 because you have an Evo 10 and you have never run anyone over before. It';s always OK until something bad happens. I would rather not endanger lives for the sake of a few Youtube hits and to brag about my 2K quad.

Of course though, this is just my opinion ~~

Steve