Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 15:59:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Next level of piloting

Started by Col_M, Friday,June 14, 2013, 21:20:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_M

Well I had to do it at some point or another  ::)

This came today...

And I fitted a new cliplock box to contain my KK2.0 and FPV camera

It all works fine and I';ve done a little hop with goggles on in my flat with no interference. I';ve also got a set of skew planar antennas from Gav on the way to me too but for now I should be ok.

First flight is tomorrow, fingers crossed :)
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Gaza07

Very nice i hope the test flight goes well for you  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

FPV is awesome, you will love it ~~
Steve

robshaw

Gavs antennas are the dogs danglies. The original fat shark ones that come with the attitudes are naff. Picture breaks up at hardly any distance. I was very disappointed with them. Stuck a set of Gav specials on and wayhay I was in business. Still rubbish at fpving but I can';t blame the gear now.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

nub

nice1 mine should be here tomorrow :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Col_M

So, flight one was a failure, everything worked fine, I went to a field with plenty of long grass, got it in the air then about 1-2ft up it drifted and tangled in some long grass somehow breaking one of the HK arms. From knee height!
I really think the HK quad arms are rubbish, both times I';ve broken one the quad has been no more than head height, I';m not sure how much of an objective comparison this is given the small sample size but so far I';ve broken 2 arms but no props.

I';ve replaced it with a new goodluckbuy arm in record time which looks to be much stronger and I';m off out again  ~~

robshaw

Good luck. Drifting is what I do a lot of when I fpv. That';s how I ended up in a pond a few months back. I';ve learnt that quad needs to be able to hover perfectly and that a still calm day is essential. Also some features to focus on helps. An open field with just grass as far as the eye can see I find makes it more difficult. Saying all that I';m still c@#p at it. Just my experiences.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Col_M

Yeah, it didn';t help that there';s a steady breeze, I actually picked a place with trees surrounding me so if I lost video and drifted a tree would stop me rather than fly until the end of my battery or hit something expensive.

Take 2 was much better, I got through my three batteries with no drama. I don';t think I can describe it, it';s different. I';ve played a few flight sim games in my time so it';s not too bad and I';m sure I';ll get more used to it.

Like you said, the standard antennas are rather poop, even about 50m out I started to get some fuzzyness and loss of contrast especially when turning.

I loved it though and can';t wait to get back out  :frantic:

Hands0n

Quote from: Col_M on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 14:02:28
So, flight one was a failure, everything worked fine, I went to a field with plenty of long grass, got it in the air then about 1-2ft up it drifted and tangled in some long grass somehow breaking one of the HK arms. From knee height!
I really think the HK quad arms are rubbish, both times I';ve broken one the quad has been no more than head height, I';m not sure how much of an objective comparison this is given the small sample size but so far I';ve broken 2 arms but no props.

I';ve replaced it with a new goodluckbuy arm in record time which looks to be much stronger and I';m off out again  ~~

Awesome (not the crash/break thing) to read. Congrats. This is where I';m aspiring to get to in time, once I perfect the art of not crashing or practising near-miss loss of control stuff  :laugh: 

One question of a general nature - does the FPV not induce a bit of vertigo in the pilot? Watching some of the videos posted makes my head spin at times. Or is it simply something the pilot gets used to over time?

On the 450 frames - I';ve done four arms in since I started this malarkey in May. Two in one single crash. One, as you say, at less than head height! I';ve repaired one with Araldite but yet to have the balls to fit it and send it up.  I';ve a small collection from various 3rd party sources on eBay and HK. They do seem a bit fragile.

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Col_M

Quote from: Hands0n on Saturday,June 15, 2013, 15:28:00 One question of a general nature - does the FPV not induce a bit of vertigo in the pilot? Watching some of the videos posted makes my head spin at times. Or is it simply something the pilot gets used to over time?
Thanks  :smiley:
It';s hard to say, I think it would very much depend of the person. I don';t suffer from car sickness but it could well be like that, if you';re a passenger you feel sick but if you';re actually driving your brain is active and too busy with motor skills. I';m not sure if that';s analogous to vertigo or not though.

Hands0n

Hmm, that makes sense. Sounds similar to Car/Motorcycle passenger riding - I';m not the best of either, but am a dab hand at both.  Really looking forward to the experience :)
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Gav

You';re going to love fpv.  It does help if you know you models flight characteristics very well because you need to when you';re flying it on board lol.  The strangest thing is hearing your copter fly off while your immersed in the goggles.  Also the height thing just makes you go back for more wanting to go that little higher and further away.  Most fun for me is low level fpv flying with the odd high up venture.  Stress of worrying about esc failure / prop comming off or something starts to set in if I fly mega high for a long time lol.

Col_M

Yeah, I agree, it was much more fun to whizz along clipping the top of the long grass, I popped up above the tree line now and again to look at the view but it was pretty boring up there.