Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 16, 2024, 06:53:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

How to use Gopro with fatshark goggles?

Started by dp106, Friday,June 14, 2013, 08:43:19

Previous topic - Next topic

dp106

So I';ve gone and bought myself some fatshark attitude Goggles and while I';m waiting for a camera to make its way from China I ordered a cable to plug my gopro in.

So far I';ve had no luck getting anything on the goggles so not sure what I';m doing wrong...

I think the Tx and goggles are connecting: with the Tx off I see white noise on the goggles but with it on it changes to a white screen.

I';ve turned on the live feed for the gopro: found the LFF setting and changed it to LFO.

Not sure about the cable to connect the camera though. It only has two wires coming from it a white and a pink one. They go into a servo type connector so appear to want to connect up to audio/L and video?

I may see if I can connect the gopro to the TV tonight to check the live feed is working...

Gav

You';ve plugged into the av out yeah?  Not the HD out?  Will take a pic of mine once get back from walking dog lol

dp106

Quote from: Gav on Friday,June 14, 2013, 09:06:28
You';ve plugged into the av out yeah?  Not the HD out?  Will take a pic of mine once get back from walking dog lol
Pretty sure I tried both.. There';s a hd or TV out I think? I';ll try the standard one again lunch time..

ChrisH

Mine plugs into the standard USB connector (front one) and works fine, to a screen not goggles but no difference in feed. I know the GoPro has to have a pin activated (within the plug) before it will send live feeds but don';t recall which. Google the pin-outs! :hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Gav

If it';s a GoPro HERO HD (one) then I just use the AV out labelled TV:

ChrisH

Quote from: Gav on Friday,June 14, 2013, 09:42:01
If it';s a GoPro HERO HD (one) then I just use the AV out labelled TV:
Good point. Forgot about the different connections/models. I was referring to a Hero3 Silver which has the mini usb for charging and video out!  :rolleyes:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

dp106

Yeah it';s a one. So I';ve found out the red (it looks pink to me) wire is video and white is ground on the cable so I';ll need to swap the pins around for it to match up with the tx.  Foolishly I assumed they';d already be in the correct position

dp106

All sorted thanks guys.

I bought one of these cables http://quadcopters.co.uk/gopro-hero-and-hero-2-fpv-av-out-cable-652-p.asp to get it to work you need to move one of the pins so the red and white cables are next to each other. Did this and plugged it into the tv out and yahoo, we have a picture :-)

Had a very brief flight as not much time left on my lunch hour. Was very weird to begin with had to stop myself turning round when I wanted to change direction :-) Only got the standard antennas at the moment and the signal didn';t seem great so I think some of Gav';s spiro antennas next..

Didn';t really notice any lag using the gopro, it doesn';t seem to handle changes in light/dark very well though.

powerlord

Yeh there is no lag. What I do find especially with these new brushless gimbals is that it';s so smooth it';s pretty fldifficult to fly fpv now !

I';ve bought a video switcher and am going to fit that tomorrow with a second fixed camera on the frame for when I';m fpv - I had a quick go with gopro stuck on top and it was sooo much better flying fpv experience (but crap video footage). So this way ill have both
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

dp106

Quote from: powerlord on Friday,June 14, 2013, 20:08:38
Yeh there is no lag. What I do find especially with these new brushless gimbals is that it';s so smooth it';s pretty fldifficult to fly fpv now !

I';ve bought a video switcher and am going to fit that tomorrow with a second fixed camera on the frame for when I';m fpv - I had a quick go with gopro stuck on top and it was sooo much better flying fpv experience (but crap video footage). So this way ill have both
yeah I saw something about a video switcher somewhere that you could do it in flight. Nice to be able to fly it from a fixed camera so you know what the craft is doing then switch to the gopro to line up your shot. That will have to wait for me though, haven';t confessed to the missus that I';ve bought the goggles yet! :-)

Gav

Hehe I agree powerlord.  The ultrasmoothness of brushless detaches you from the feel of the airframe totally.  When near objects or landing you almost need a seventh sense or know your model really well to fly it safely. You can miss control corrections you need to,  but fly on a completely still day and your just controlling a virtual eye ball around the sky. AMAZING!