Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 14:05:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naza M Gimbal manual pitch control

Started by Mikkel, Tuesday,June 11, 2013, 18:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikkel

anyone got the manual pitch control working with camera gimbal?
My Gimbal is working fine but want to use the vr knob on my Futaba T7C to be able to manual adjust the pitch so i can have it looking slightly down or straight ahead depending what i want to film.
But as usual whenever it comes to anything with settings on my transmitter i am lost.
Using the Tx in heli mode as it was the easiest way for me to setup the 3 way switch to be used for toggling flight modes.
the VR knob in helimode is set fo the HOV-PIT option which i have enabled and when in the settings it changes the value when i turn the knob, but no reaction from the gimbal attached to the naza.

Any ideas for what i am missing or doing wrong?

Gav

Best bet is to try with acro or plane mode.  Heli mode links the knob to heli collective pitch trim therefore making it awkward to use as an aux channel.  I';m not even sure you can use it as you want it to, when in Heli mode?  I know I could not do it.

I had the 7tc before and had the 3 way working OK on the naza flight modes in plane mode.  The only thing is you can';t enable failsafe if the radio is switched off with this radio and accompanying receiver.  Fail safe only works on one channel...throttle channel.  So for failsafe radio off to work you cheat and then you must use Heli mode using pitch channel as throttle on naza and then radio throttle channel mixed and linked to a switch for flight modes.  But again you then can';t use the knob for camera gimbal pitch. I sold mine and got a futaba 9chp instead and made my life easier and no more head aches.  Well not as many lol

Use frsky module and receiver in my futaba to get full failsafe and added bonus of telemetry too. 

Mikkel

You where right, swapped to acro and it works straight away.
Thank you.

Mikkel

Now i just need to figure out how to configure my 3 way switch in acro mode, i am useless with the transmitter

KK1W

Quote from: Mikkel on Tuesday,June 11, 2013, 19:28:23
Now i just need to figure out how to configure my 3 way switch in acro mode, i am useless with the transmitter

Try *AUX-CH in the BASIC menu.
Set CH5 to the correct switch (in my case it is Sw-C on my 9CHP but yours may be different

Run the Naza assistant and adjust the END POINT of Ch5 so the correct boxes light up at each switch position.

Hope this helps,

Jim
Jim/KK1W

Mikkel

I got it all sorted, thanks.
Setup a mix for Channel 5 and used the endpoint adjustment.

Now i just need time to go fly it again. tried out the gimbal saturday night and seemed quite good, but it was very windy so video is still wobling a bit due to quad being blown about.