Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 23:41:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My First Build "Scorpion Y650" (Custom)

Started by Toledodave, Monday,June 10, 2013, 18:50:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledodave

Hello all. I decided to start a thread of my first custom build. Please feel free to comment as im new to this and learning and trying my best to eliminate mistakes :)  either way right wrong or different im havin fun building it. Anyway.. Here goes my build following some pics.

Frame   
   : HK Scorpion Y650 (fiberglass) x1
   :Turnigy Talon Tricopter (V1.0)Extended
    Carbon Fibre Boom (380mm) (3pcs) x1
   :Turnigy Talon Tricopter (V1.0) - Tube
     Mount Set x3
   :12mm O.D/ 6mm I.D Flange bearing x4
   :12mm O.D/ 6mm I.D /4mm thick Thrust
     Bearing x1

Flight Controller
    :MultiWii Pro 2 with Gps x1

Motors
     :Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3530-1150kv
      Brushless Outrunner Motor x6

ESC Controller
     :Mystery 40A Brushless Speed
      Controller (Blue Series) x6

Propellers
      :Carbon Fiber Propellers 11X5 LH and
       RH Rotation Pair x3

Radio
      :Turnigy 9XR Transmitter Mode 2
        (No Module) x1
      :OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz
       Transmitter Module (JR/ Turnigy
       compatible) x1
       :Spektrum Ar7010 x1
       :TURNIGY Voltage Protector x1

FPV
        :ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz Audio/Video
         Transmitter - FatShark compatible
          (600mw) x1
        :FatShark Dominator 5.8ghz Module
         x1
        :FatShark Dominator x1
        :Tiny Pan Tilt FPV Camera Gimbal x1
        : Fatshark Tracking Module Atm x1
        : AEO Tech Apache OSD w/gps

3Ds
        :FPV Radio Telemetry Kit - 915Mhz
         x1
        :Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as Remote
         and/ or Pc x1

Sonar
         :Ultrasonic Module HC-SR04 Arduino
          x1

Toledodave

Got a lil time last night to start my wiring and have Esc';s mounted. I also added a closer pic of my tail Yaw and camera on gimbal.

Toledodave

Update: Well ive got most the wiring done and 3dr and video tx mounted last final order for lipos and Osd system and finalizing the tail taw mechanism. Here are more pics.   May have the glowing eyes become my new payload! Lol

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Yosser70

That';s a great looking machine you got there :-)

Toledodave

Thankyou very much. As my first build im pretty proud. The build was the fun part. Liftoff is what im worried about!  Tracker board came for my Fatshark. Waiting for my Osd to arive and Lipos oh and light system this week and i can start configuring the system.   

Toledodave

Well an update. I have the Gropro live streaming and OSD functioning. Still need the Ir sensor and remote along with its gps for the apache system. Didnt know i couldnt incorperate my multiwii gps with osd so looks like im going to need to run two diff gps. Multiwii for RTH function and Apache for OSD. I dont have the camera gimbals figired out yet. Having troubles for some reason with the mixer on the Tx. Expecting everything else need to first flight this week. Not sure if will be rdy since im a noob and not rushing things :/ bit will post pics soon when i get gimble working.

Toledodave

Well an update. Reflashed a Y-3 sketch to utilize my tail yaw. Still having problems with gopro gimbal ppms. Gave up for now. I have a friend with a machine shop and a new 3d printer so i got playing on the Cad program and worked on some new mounts and mounted my phone to my TX for the 3dr and got the nav lights working. Esc is in the mail and hopefully first flight this week.

Riggsbie

I like the phone mount on your Tx.....

Is that Mission Planner software running on your phone ?  I assume it';s an android phone ?

Very smart setup ! Very smart copter !

Toledodave

Thankyou!  Thats the named Droid Planner. Its tough to find on playstore for what ever reasons. Planner is running on my Galaxy Note 2. I have not tryed the multiwii software from playstore yet either. I attached the phone clip from my Otter Box cellphone case to the TX with screws and the 3ds antenna otg cable mounted to it. Therefore the phone and antenna is plug n play so i can still run telemetry from computer as need with easy removal.

Toledodave

Ok so its been awhile  but I finally got a actuall flight in. 1st attempt resulted in a violent spin which twisted off the rt side landing gear. So being impatient I splint the landing gear and went for another attempt. The following video is with no triming or PID settings. Straight flight after flashing and configuring compass and acc and radio. Not just need to figire out out to trim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY3BHwHho4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Toledodave

Update: everything done and final and thought I would post my components.

Frame: Modified HK Skorpion
Motors: 6xTurnigy Multistar 22 pole 4822-690kv
Props: 12"x 4.5 Slow Fly Carbon Fiber
Esc: 6x Mystery 40a Blue Series w/Simon K (overkill for these motors)
FC:HK Multiwii Pro 2 w/MTK gps
Battery: 4s 35c 5400mah
Tx/rx: 2.4ghz Orange 9ch
Telemetry: 3dr 900mhz
OSD: Apache complete system
Vtx:Immersion 5.8ghz 600mw
Camera: Gopro Hero3 Black
Radio: Turnigy 9xr
Vrx: Fatshark Dominators 5.8ghz w/Tracking
Navigation lights
KillerRC Baja lights
Telemetry rx display: Galaxy Note 2

Total weight of Copter= 7lbs @ just over 9 minutes of flight.

flybywire

These ';tri';s'; are certainly an oddity!  I was under the impression that Y6';s relied on torque to control yaw?

Nice build BTW.

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Jimbodiddly

Toledodave

Flybywire, your absolutely correct. In the beginning I was useing a servo actuated shaft to the tail for yaw but had issues with servo not being strong enough to maintain two large motors and there centrifical forces and servo had trouble overcomming the prop gyros and ended with violent spins. So I went back to standard Y6 and been solid since. Well kinda. Wasnt untill after lots of yaw frustration did I realize Megapirate changed motor layouts in 2.9.1 addons sketch. All good to go now and surprisingly the yaw is pretty good for only gyro yaw control.

Toledodave

Quote from: Jimbodiddly on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 11:26:34
A loverly build, any more recent videos ?

Jim

Well not yet as of thanksgiving. Weather has been in the teens and close to 0 degrees. I dont even like to breathe that cold weather let alone play in it lol.  Its gonna be near 40s this weekend. If the rain holds out there will be new videos this weekend hopefully. Thanks for watchin. Have plans of some great video as soon as weather breaks. Keep an eye out.

Heres the thanksgiving day video. I stayed close because it was cold and forgot my fatsharks :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Oh_25BKK4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jimbodiddly

Just out of interest, whats spares availability like for the frame etc ?

Jim

Toledodave

Jim do you mean like how available are the parts like the frame etc?

Jimbodiddly

Toledodave

Oh ok...most parts are from HobbyKing and as far as I know all still available. The frame is the HobbyKing Skorpion which I refused to use the supplied aluminum booms. So I fitted talon v1 carbon fiber booms and didnt like the landing gear so I added an aftermarket off ebay. Other then that its all from china. :/