Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 06:55:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Rammy's Reptile maiden flights

Started by Rammylad, Sunday,June 09, 2013, 09:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammylad

I was out of bed at 5.30am this morning looked out of the window to see clear blue sky and very little wind. I couldn't miss this opportunity to try my Reptile with APM out, so I grabbed my gear and walked down to my local park, great no one there only the grounds man. I set my laptop up started Mission Planner connected to the quad, good 10 Sats showing ready for takeoff but it wouldn't arm, this oldie had the wrong Model set on the Tx, soon sorted and off we go. At about 20 foot I tried Loiter and it held position far better than I expected hardly moving in any direction and very stable.
I tried Alt hold next and that was very good as well so I plucked up courage to try the RTL I flew a good distance away until the quad was hard to see against the trees and switched on RTL there was a slight jump with the quad, low and behold it came back to within a yard of the launch spot, big grin on my face great.
I fitted the GoPro for the second flight adjusted the COG switched it on and pressed the record button, but not hard enough I didn't check to see if it was recording and I took off had a fly around yawed to get an all round view of the park and headed back to me for a pose. Alas when I got home and connected the GoPro to the PC there was no video.
All in all for the first proper flights I was over the moon, considering I was using the default settings of the APM it worked very well for my Reptile, It was well worth the effort getting up early, my thanks go to all the members who have helped and guided me with my first build, Thank You.  :notworthy:

crash pilot

Cool matey can';t wait to mine going with naza though glad it all went good.

Marty McFly

Thats good Tony,the APM is A very good bit of kit,there is a lot to it if you get it working properly,it will do the book,its worth takeing the time to get it right,well done,marty. :scotland:

robshaw

Good work mate! My gopro 3 makes a loud double bleep when you press record as default. Maybe you need to enable it in a setting....
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Rammylad

Quote from: robshaw on Sunday,June 09, 2013, 14:20:24
Good work mate! My gopro 3 makes a loud double bleep when you press record as default. Maybe you need to enable it in a setting....
I';ll check that out cheers Rob  ~~

Gaza07

yea mine emits the beeps when I press record to  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

rickp

I';ve done the ';failed to press record'; a few times ;)
I';m now using the GoPro 3 for my FPV feed on the reptile, and despite a few naysayers - its working pretty well for me. Rigged it so the USB lead takes the video feed to the OSD but also powers the GoPro as well.

ChrisH

Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Rammylad

I found the missing GoPro recording of my maiden flight with the Reptile, this silly person had not set the Date & Time on the camera it';s a good job I looked at every file before deleting.
Any way better late than never.
Reptile Maiden

guest325

Nice and stable, plus nice steady flying - bet  you';re well pleased with that!

Rammylad

I was over the moon and well pleased with my first build, I was mainly trying out Alt hold, Loiter and RTL. :laugh:

bunnygirl80

Hi Tony,

Oh! Wow, superb matey. Looks well good. I bet you are dead happy with that! It';s always worth percevering with the APM settings. Works well when you have it all setup correctly eh!

Well done!  ~~ xx
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

Rammylad

Thanks Stef, it makes you want to fly all the more  :beer2: