Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 06:51:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

wuppps

Started by barneyg, Saturday,June 08, 2013, 23:57:41

Previous topic - Next topic

barneyg

Thought I';d run a couple of batteries through my quad this evening, after doing some circuits ... practicing some banking turns I got a little adventurous and tried my first flip.

This actually went quite well though I think I found out the effect of the incorrect scaling factor in multiwii first hand ... Once I got everything stable again I thought I';d go for a 2nd one.  Not quite sure what happened, it was definitely user error, but the quad ended up doing a power dive into the trees from about 200 meters up  :o

Thank the stars for the Telemetry on my tx/rx :) ... I followed the signal strength, the gps coordinates on my phone didn';t seem to change in a way consistant with the signal strength changes so I just ignored them.  I went through the trees at the back of the field ... through the stinging nettles across the river :blink ... finally found it upside down in a big patch of nettles.  This is the resulting damage :

[attach=1]

These things are tough :)

A couple of things to take away from this ... remember to note the difference between my phone and quads GPS coordinates so I wont have to spend quite so long searching, and these things can get very far away very quickly ... I think it was well over 0.5 km away

nub

they certainly are tough, they take a crash very well compared to other RC models :smiley:

damn lucky u had something on there to track it phew, think its something i';ll have to take a look at once i start to fly further out, would be a nightmare losing it :(
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

barneyg

Sigh ... When am I going to learn to walk before I run ... After the miraculous survival last week I plowed it into the ground from a bit over head height trying to do another flip.  This time I snapped an arm just where the motor platform meets it. :(

On a more posative note till I did this I was doing some quite nice banking turns.  Right hand ones are slightly easier for me for some reason

Biffa

Quote from: barneyg on Monday,June 17, 2013, 12:10:00 On a more posative note till I did this I was doing some quite nice banking turns.  Right hand ones are slightly easier for me for some reason

Lots of people are like that. I am the same banking/turning right to left has always come easier to me regardless of what I fly.
Steve

barneyg

In general It was much easier to fly this time out ... I';ve been playing with settings :

• I';ve removed the double expo - I had expo set in MultiWii and on my TX, now it is just on the rx ... I';ve also significantly dropped the Yaw expo on the TX too.
  • I';ve increased the RC Rate to 1.0
  • I';ve been playing with a new PID algorithm as described here: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3671 with the default PID settings and the pitch/roll rate set at 0.1 and the yaw rate set at 0.1

The result seems to be a nicely stable quad that actually responds much more to stick input but somehow that has made it easier to fly :)

teslahed

Quote from: Biffa on Monday,June 17, 2013, 12:15:22
Lots of people are like that. I am the same banking/turning right to left has always come easier to me regardless of what I fly.

I';ve definitely noticed that i get through clockwise props quicker than anticlockwise ones. I guess i must crash going one way slightly more often than the other :laugh:
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.