Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 13:45:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Duff RCtimer motor?

Started by Biffa, Friday,June 07, 2013, 13:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Biffa

After bench testing all 4 motors and ESC';s and finishing my build seems one of the motors is a duffer that has problems starting.

I have done ESC calibration via the AIOP board and just using the TX and still get the same results. I have even done the same with a brand new ESC - still the same.

Tried 3 different motors on the same two ESCs and the wiring is fine on the quad, both ESC';s are fine, so deffo a duff motor. Anyone have experience of RCtimer customer services?

IMGA0425
Steve

nub

gah! nightmare looks like it might have a dodgy winding  :(

hopefully they';ll sort it out for for u.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Biffa

Quote from: nub on Friday,June 07, 2013, 14:02:44
gah! nightmare looks like it might have a dodgy winding  :(

hopefully they';ll sort it out for for u.

No idea what is up with it. I bloody hope they sort me out this is gonna put me back ages now :thumbdown:
Steve

rickp

What size? Looks like the ones I have on my reptile - HP2212-1000KV. I have a spare if so..

Biffa

Steve

fruitsalad

looks like a snapped wire in there somewhere,get the magnifier out..
also check the wires coming from motor to esc connections see if theres a loose one.
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Biffa

Can anyone spot the broken winding?

Steve

fruitsalad

Biffa

Got it in one ~~

Just a waiting game now for RCT to reply.
Steve

nub

bummer :( rewind it biffa :smiley:

always wanted to try that myself.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Biffa

Quote from: nub on Friday,June 07, 2013, 17:29:08
bummer :( rewind it biffa :smiley:

always wanted to try that myself.

I wouldn';t even know where to start :wack0
Steve

fruitsalad

practice practice..
i never waste a motor i rewind mine,your first attempts will look awlful,but with practice it gets easier..
how many magnets?? how many stator arms??
input them into this it will tell you the type of rewind needed..
http://i.caendle.de/dev/test2/

philtrum

Hi I had a faulty set of bearings in one motor and some prop adapters that were dire
Rctimer swapped them out,  but took a few emails, word of advice, keep emails short and direct

Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: philtrum on Friday,June 07, 2013, 18:27:21
Hi I had a faulty set of bearings in one motor and some prop adapters that were dire
Rctimer swapped them out,  but took a few emails, word of advice, keep emails short and direct

Phil

Already sent a short email just basically saying it was broke and I need a new one, see where that gets me :crossfingers:
Steve

guest325

Quote from: Biffa on Friday,June 07, 2013, 18:56:35
Already sent a short email just basically saying it was broke and I need a new one, see where that gets me :crossfingers:
Hope all goes well mate, pain in the ar53 when that sort of thing happens!

Gaza07

You should also send them the picture if their first response isnt good, I have had stuff from rctimer that was dead on arrival or didnt function correctly they have always sorted it out, only problem is it takes time,
As said above keep emails simple and to the point because they are translating them and some times to much can end up with errors  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: Gaza07 on Sunday,June 09, 2013, 19:58:59 As said above keep emails simple and to the point because they are translating them and some times to much can end up with errors  ~~

This is the first reply :rolleyes:

"Sorry, can you check the question of that motor? thanks for your time."

So I sent a picture and a link to the Youtube video.
Steve

nub

very annoying that';s why i usually always try to source stuff in the UK, though u usually pay  bit more it';s less hassle to sort out if u have a problem with something, in most cases.

plus i';m quite impatient when it comes to things like this :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Britishguy

good luck biffa, i ordered 5 prop adapters and evently they stopped emailing me

opened a pp dispute, about 5 weeks later got them in the post so closed it.

disgusting cs but as normal another chinese seller who couldnt give a damn.

:crossfingers:

Biffa

Still no email back from them, I have placed another order for a few more bits and bobs and another motor.

I can';t wait weeks for them to get round to sorting it out.
Steve

Biffa

So as a follow up...

Over 12 emails sent from me with pictures and links to the video of the knackered motor got me no where. ';Jane'; at RCtimer hinting at replacing the motor (after I had already placed an order for a new one) and asking would I prefer a refund suddenly stopped communicating :hmm:

My only recourse was to open a Paypal dispute for a partial refund on the order for the motor. Of course once they realized that an open case freezes the funds associated with it, lo and behold I got a response:

"Dear Sir,

Sorry for bother you, which item is broken?
If you have any question you can feel free to contact us, we can solve it, hope you can close the dispute, thanks for your understanding in this matter.
Have a nice day."

I replied with "Refund me and the dispute will be closed" and I got my refund 20 minutes later.

I just hope the new motor when it arrives isn';t a dud as well :rolleyes:

Steve

Britishguy

Muppets

well glad you got your refund mate and hope the new one is good.

Biffa

Quote from: Britishguy on Thursday,June 20, 2013, 13:59:04
Muppets

well glad you got your refund mate and hope the new one is good.

Not as glad as me, even though it';s only $18 it';s the principal. Why did they not just refund in the first place instead of all this palava :shrug:

I';ll be thinking long and hard about ordering from them again if I am honest.
Steve

Gaza07

About as long as it takes to check the prices over here  :rolleyes:  ~~  :beer2:

QuoteI';ll be thinking long and hard about ordering from them again if I am honest.
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: Gaza07 on Thursday,June 20, 2013, 16:43:54
About as long as it takes to check the prices over here  :rolleyes:  ~~  :beer2:

More than likely :whistling:

Steve

HowDoIfly

I have two out of six motors with noisy bearings. (Already been "reporting" problems found with my whole order, this just the latest)... their response this time? "Next time you shop, we will resend 2 set bearings to you, is it ok? Best regards, Jane"

:rolleyes:
Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

mroptmist

Hope you got it sorted .... just to say ... I have just built new quad with brand new rctimer esc';s and one is not working  properly ... motor reluctant to start (rocks back and forth) I checked with another motor and its the same
I have not yet had reply from rctimer ......

HowDoIfly

I ended up buying replacement bearings from rcbearings.co.uk - very helpful and recommded seller btw.

Regarding RCTimer, I now discovered another complaint to add to my list - the telemetry radios are not fit for purpose, basically. This being the last straw and the fact "Jane" from RCTimer stopped responding to my emails, I reluctantly opened a paypal dispute over the whole order and Jane immediately responded and upped their offer to something like "we send you two motors if you close dispute?"

Needless to say, the offer was refused (as I';ve fixed the motors myself and I now want useable telemetry) so the ball';s in their court at the moment.

I hope you get satisfaction. :crossfingers:
Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4