Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 08:52:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

IS NAZA SIMPLE AND GOOD?

Started by juanchilo, Thursday,June 06, 2013, 20:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

juanchilo

Originally bought the crius aiop v2  but had trouble getting ut setup, now im thinking about buying the naza, question is if its as hard as an open source board or is it simpler? Will it work with my turnigy 9x? I want to do position lock, return to home ,fpv and gimbal. Which naza should i get? I been looking at the naza m lite with gps sounds like a cheap good deal.Help please!!!

Balders

Naza is a very simple "out of the box" FC.  Really very very good, and now the price has been slashed for the "Lite" it seems like an absolute bargain.

Highly recommended.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Jumpy07

Naza is by far the easiest FC to set up and fly.

Naza does not do RTL in a true sense.. it does a failsafe return and land.. rises 20m and returns...   this is not configurable like the Crius etc

Naza also does not do position hold like Crius.. however in GPS mode if you let go the sticks it kinda stays still.

There isn';t much difference between the three Naza';s...  the lite is not available yet.. but runs a different firmware and is not upgradable..

If it was me I would try and buy a Naza M (v1) .. poss even 2nd hand. (get one with GPS)

Will work fine with a 9x

Naza has GPS, Attitude and Manual flight modes
And Home Lock & Course Lock intelligent orientation modes

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

ChrisH

Jumpy, interested in why the Naza doesn';t have true position hold? My experience is it holds very well, even in a wind. Without GPS it just drifts with the wind direction while holding altitude.

I';ll  be the first to admit I don';t understand how the other boards work but am willing to learn!
:smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

powerlord

yeh I';d say it definitely position holds. better than anything else out there.

I';ve flown mine in 45mph winds and it just sits there in the sky on the spot with no stick input at all.

it works a bit like loiter on other controllers - don';t touch sticks and it will stay there  -move sticks and it will move.

stu
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

juanchilo

:hmm: the naza-m lite with gps is out her in the us for 249  dls. Whats the difference bewteen it and the naza-m?

Balders

There is a comparison chart on the DJI-innovations web site, but there really aren';t many differences.  The major difference appears to be the Lite is less upgradeable with add-on parts, something the V1 was like before the V2 came out anyway.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

juanchilo

Ok, so the naza m and the naza multorotor the same? Also naza multiflyer? On the gps there is a gps module only and gps upgrade with compass.  :shrug: 

KK1W

Juanchilo,

Many of the US dealers are/were clearing out the NAZA-M V1 for around $300 with GPS. I bought one from Helidirect a few weeks ago. It appears the new lite version isn';t a whole lot different than the M, and for even less money.

As far as easy to use I can only compare it to the APM. I bought one of those about six months ago. I';m no expert for sure but getting it setup and flying, following all the changes in the firmware over the past months, trying to understand the myriad of settings - you get the picture. The APM does a lot, and the price is good, but I wouldn';t call it a simple setup. Jumpy';s setup manual on this group would be worth reading and give you an idea of what';s involved.

So what about the NAZA-M? Like everyone says, it flew pretty much right out of the box. Altitude and position hold are better than I was getting with the APM, (however I think the new 3.0x firmware is as good). Far less complicated to install and get flying and very easy to fly in Atti or GPS mode.

Still, the manual is so-so and the translation to English suffers quite a bit in places.

Just my $.02 worth as a relative newcomer to multi-rotors. No matter what you choose the folks on this group are a great resource, the best multi-rotor site I';ve come across.

Good luck, let us know what you choose.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

juanchilo

Kkw1 great advice will do some more reasearch and tell you what ive chosen!!!  ~~

fruitsalad

for a no nonsense,get out and flying the naza is the way to go..
got 2 now, building a fpv reptile thingy  with the 1 i just got on ebay.
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!