Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,August 20, 2019, 23:31:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Gaza07:
09 Jul 2019 18:10:30
Hope you all have a great day  :beer2:
Andy7:
09 Jul 2019 14:05:28
BFU#8 details locked in for this saturday - see the head of the forum thread for all details.
hoverfly:
05 Jul 2019 21:51:05
Good for genital warts as well......or so I'm told.. :hmm
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196558
  • Total Topics: 19801
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Help newby please, hi everyone

Started by lumps, Thursday,June 06, 2013, 06:54:56

Previous topic - Next topic

lumps

Hi , newby questions coming,,,,, sorry but aleady reading forums and cant see similar.
I have built my first quad, Ido have some aircraft and heli experience, but no quad ,its areptile, 2830 rc timer and their 20 a esc,its to the point of flying on stock kk2 boardjust bought and not re flashed. so unsure of version.

i have 10x 4.5 props on 3 s and was hoping to run 4s, but it seems overpowered or ime just useless,ive calibrated sensors and enabled auto level but it seems more difficult than i envisaged, any ;pointers welcomed,thanks and good day everyone. lumps

Gaza07

Hi Lumps and welcome to the forum check your screen when you power on the kk2 it will display the current version, the early versions the auto level didnt work to well and your board may need updating  ~~

lumps

thanks or assistance,it v1.2 so tried to donwload the usb tool program fom hk, itdownloaded as zip, when i try to install it, it just flashes once and doesnt install, so win7 does not detect device properly, whatam i doing wrong please ?

nub

Hi

there';s a few videos on the youtube that take u through the process that might help u out.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

lumps

Thanks gents, 2 hrs fighting win 7 ....to install driver and flash amtel,flashing to 1.6 was easy, lack of pc knowledge was the problem

on another point ,i saw this note, on lazy zero

NOTES:

- Do not use bigger propellers than you need. Light propellers gives faster response and more stability.

- Try to get it to hover at about midstick (1/3 to 2/3 throttle). Use smaller/bigger propeller, different motor Kv or more/less cells to achieve that.

i suspect my 2830 750 kv and 10x 4.5 are overpowerd on retile 3 s..... ? andi had hoped to run 4s as i have batts,, do you think propping down is required in order to use 4s and make it more manageable , if so what size props? for 3s aor change to 4s with which props ? thanks, lumps

DarrellW

You may have to prop down for a higher cell count because you get higher rpm, best way to find out what you need is a Watt meter (no pun intended); your best setup can be defined by trying a few different props (Bench test not on quad) and it should all become clear.
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

lumps

Ok v 1.6 flashed bymyself , first time and very proud  hhhehhehheh, now as all of youprobably do i want to optimise my setup regarding tuning, I have no idea where to start, is there a simple process to follow, ime on my own here and no one here flies quads , in Guernsey  :(