Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 16:48:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 28
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Starting out in FPV - camera and Tx advice

Started by DarrenG, Thursday,July 11, 2013, 18:53:31

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenG

Now my TBS Disco is flying it';s time to start looking at FPV.  I';m guessing that TBS';s  ';69'; camera is over priced and equal or better alternatives can be had for less?

What is the recommended camera for FPV that will fit a TBS Disco?

I';ve been told a 600mW ImmersionRC Tx is what I want, and FatShark goggles. Also looking for advice regards OSD, am I best going with TBS';s Core?

I';m saving like mad so I can start acquiring the FPV gear, any advice and pointers appreciated!
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

Jumpy07

Ok..  I have been down the route.. and made a few mistakes.. so here is my tuppence worth...

The "Core" is not worth the money.. buy a proper OSD..  ezOSD or Cyclops etc depending on budget.

ImmersionRC video channels are the same as Fatshark.. but different to the Chinese stuff.. its not all about power.. the ImmersionRX RX as a lot more sensitive than the rest.. 

The Fatshark AttitudeSD';s comes with a 250mw VTX..  which should be good for 750m with decent Circular Polarised Antennas and Fatsharks. If you buy Dominators you will need to buy TX and RX separately..

The ImmersionRC / Fatshark kit is set up for 5v cams.. which is a pain...  most of the better cameras are 12v .. so you will need a step up converter..

Best Camera at the moment for me is the Pixim Seawold WDR..  don';t buy anything but a WDR camera.. and also you need one with an IR CUT filter installed and 2.8mm lens.  ..  www.firstpersonview.co.uk have a new WDR camera that works on 5V and is smaller.. which might be worth looking at..

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Biffa

Steve

DarrenG

Thanks guys.  That gives me something to get started. Can you point me in the direction of a suitable step-up converter?
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

Biffa

Quote from: DarrenG on Thursday,July 11, 2013, 20:04:00
Thanks guys.  That gives me something to get started. Can you point me in the direction of a suitable step-up converter?

Just runs off a 3 cell pack ~~

I have a tiny Turnigy 500mAh pack that runs my FPV cam and the 600mw TX.
Steve

Toledodave

Im also running Immersion 600mW and this Tx has its own 5v output for the camera. It so happens i already had the Gopro Hero 3 which runs off the immersion tx at 5v with correct a/v power harness and i paired them with Fatshark Dominators but downside is dominators are modulated rx for (your choice) of 2.4 or 5.8 mhz and also if you want tracking thats another module. The plus side is you have choice! For instance. Everybody untill month ago that has tracking is stuck with v4 tracking firmware as i am atm but... With domiators i can just purchase the v5 module for 50 bucks and upgrade. Those not with modulated fatsharks can not and i havent seen a firware avail to flash yet. Dominators in the end are little bit more due to modules but with no firmware updates you get what ya get so to me was worth the modules for long term investment :/. Picture is great other then the menu buttons from gopro are on screen while streaming and im running Apache Osd. Which was a pain in the arse untill i bought the IR sensor and remote to program it on the copter. Apache isnt the cleanest display but it tells me more then enough info and is readable just not smooth and as clear as i would expect. But definately not worth changing unless needed. :/