Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 22:19:20

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Pitch and Yaw reversed - MultiWii and Spektrum AR6115e

Started by Hands0n, Friday,May 31, 2013, 23:05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

**Correction to original post** - Its Pitch and Yaw that are reversed

Similar to the fella in the MultiWii forum (see here http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1906 ) I have this problem.

I replaced my KK2 board, I';m sure its faulty by its erratic lurch skyward at random, with a MW 328P and have MW2.2 firmware that has the custome config.h file for the 328P downloaded from HobbyKing';s US website.

So here';s the problem - Pitch and Yaw are reversed. Pitch forward and the quad tilts backwards (or flips upside down in the grass!). Pitch backwards and it tilts/flips forwards.  Yaw left the quad rotates right. Yaw right and the quad rotates left.

Now, the   MultiWiiConf GUI confirms the same stick movements that I make, it matches what I do.  Its just the physical world is reversed!!!

I have connected the motors as per the documentation:
Front Left - port 3
Front Right - port 10
Rear Left - port 11
Rear Right - port 9

I';m fair going bonkers trying to figure out what is wrong. Is it something so blinking obvious that I';m not seeing it?   

I';m at the point of wondering if the MultiWii documentation is incorrect for wiring up the X-quad.

Anyone with any ideas? 
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Hands0n

To fill out some more information.,

The TX is a Spektrum DX6i
Receiver is Spektrum AR6115e
FC is HobbyKing MultiWii 328P
MW firmware is 2.2
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

teslahed

You can reverse channels on your dx6i using the menu system. I can';t remember how though - i sold mine a few months back now.

There will be a menu system with ';normal'; and ';reverse'; (or possibly 100 and -100) options for each channel - just fiddle with those until you get it responding properly.

It';s safer to reverse channels on your transmitter - it means you wont forget, load new code to the flight controller, then try and take off with controls reversed. If you set it up on the transmitter you only have to do it once for each model in memory.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Hands0n

Thanks for that. I will have a look in the manual to see how that is done. I spent hours last night trying to figure out what I';ve done wrong. It seems to affect people randomly and no-one has odder a solution that I can find. So thank you very much :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

--
Danny

nub

u may also have to set your travel limits to 125 all round or for the yaw anyways to get it to arm, not sure about your board but i did have to do this for my nanowii.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Hands0n

Travel Limits?  Is that set on the MultiWii or the DX6i? I';m rather new to much of this kit so haven';t got my head around whats where yet :-) 

Today';s mission is to suss this out ::)
--
Danny

Hands0n

Progress: One Step Forwards, One Step Back

Thanks for all the help so far - that reversing the sticks on the DX6i did the trick.  My set up on there now is:
DX6i
RUDD = reversed
FLAP = reversed
AILE = reversed
THRO = normal
ELEV = normal (not used by the quadrotor)
GEAR = normal

I actually managed to get one single self-leveling flight out of the beast but then decided to be clever and put back some other options.

So, on the successful flight I had only Horizon enabled by Aux1.

I had previously has Baro and Mag linked, thinking possibly the most stable ';safety net'; for this learner. But all manner of strange control freaks were happening.  Analysis says change one thing at a time.

Thinking I had it set good I decided to put back Baro.  Chaos, the craft won';t even lift off without trying to flip. The first hint of throttle and the props go into high speed and lift on the RHS aggressively and uncontrollably.

I re-configured to remove Baro and the craft is still behaving the same.

But looking at the screen shot (attached) there is one really unexplained thing - and that is the Trottle settings from the board are all over the place.  The pic taken is of the board in Auto-Level mode. Arguably the most stable, yet the motor speeds are way off. 

In manual mode the differences are much much more!

I have reset and calibrated the ESCs manually as well as using the Arduino method.  Given that I had one good flight and only changed that one setting, then removed it ... what on earth has happened? 

Any thoughts?

--
Danny

Gaza07

Hi Danny Angle is the bet auto level mode if your not learning flips because horizon turns off the acc (auto level) while ever your moving the sticks,
As for the baro which does altitude hold I think you need to enagage that while your flying and you already have the copter in a stable hover  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Hands0n

The unbelievable has happened - the pixies have fixed it for me while I went out for  a couple of hours. No. Really! Because I';ve done nothing much!

I had turned off everything but Horizon (@ Gaza07 thanks, I only just saw your post, noted and for some experimentation when I get my three LiPol recharged), Wrote the settings, Read them back to make sure they had been actually written to the FC, they had. But still the thing had a mind of its own in respect to the motor speeds - wild, erratic and completely out of control.   So the Mrs and me went off to visit a couple of old friends for a few hours.

Returning, I plugged it all up - USB to the laptop, 3S LiPo to the quad, re-read the settings to make sure they were as I left them and started it up. Idle was good as usual. A furtive push of the Throttle stick and the motors spun up to speed and pulled the craft evenly level (I had the Aux1 switch turned on so Horizon was active).  Err, that wasn';t how I remember it behaving beforehand!

I burned up one battery just running it tethered in my right hand while working the controls in my left, observing the dials and sliders in the MultiWiiConf app. It was all working entirely predictably and, more importantly, properly. 

I burned the next battery up in the garden - the stability of the MultiWii 328P is a class better than the KK2, I have to say! At least, for this trainee brain and its hands.

Before I finished the second battery I returned to the "workshop" (for some reason the wife calls it a Dining Room, doesn';t mean a thing to me) and set up Baro on the same switch setting (remembering to Write then Read to confirm written).  Expecting a return to chaos I started the quad again, this time it remained stable as before, although it felt different in the hand, more inclined to hold its position vertically.  Taking it outside on the third battery verified what I was feeling in the workshop - stability in terms of being level and at a particular altitude was very good, silly mistakes by me on the sticks were ironed out [mostly] or dampened at least by me letting the stick centre. This was good.

So back to the workshop and a final adjustment to the Throttle Expo to help me there - I';m still a bit clumsy with the fine stick movements.  I used up 3/4 of the third battery adjusting the Throttle Expo to how I feel it will best suit my current capability.

Mag
I have stayed away from the Mag - figuring that the wildly oscillating trace (see pics) have something to do with my problems with handing such control to the FC.  I';m leaving well enough alone. Quit while I';m ahead, that sort of thing  ::)

Throttle Expo
I';ve set the these settings as so:
Mid =  0.37
Expo = 1.0

This has the effect of keeping the power just under the capability to actually lift, acting more as a cushion to dampen falling out of the sky when I pull back on the stick too much. Even if it actually hits the ground it will be level and more controlled (assuming I';ve the auto-level turned on).

Separating Horizon and Baro
I used a tip found here http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/5-flying-modes-with-a-spektrum to let me have 5 flying modes. Although the DX6i has no 3-position switches you can use the Transmitter';s Mixer to synthesize additional modes.

Doing this I have Horizon and Baro with the Gear switch and Baro-only with the Flap toggle. Elevator switch is not used at this time.  I hope this helps other DX6i users.

Pics of my current [successful] settings below ...

Thanks everyone for the helpful hints and ideas - they all played a part in this success  :smiley:

--
Danny

nub

good to hear u got it sorted out, it can be a little much to get a grip of at 1st, i found it a tad confusing all the sketch uploading etc but once you suss it,its really quite simple.

enjoy and HF :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Hands0n

Cheers @nub - I';m most confused at how it self-repaired while I was out. The cats aren';t letting anything on!

Hoping to get some time on a nearby sports field later tomorrow before the light goes.
--
Danny