Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 04:58:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Transmitter Mode - Mode 2 or 4?

Started by DarrenG, Friday,May 24, 2013, 16:40:35

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenG

As it';s hissing down here at the moment I';ve been practicing with my indoor micro quad (a Ladybird Clone).  The Tx that comes withy it can be switched between Mode 2 and Mode 4.

Having only ever read about Mode 1 and Mode 2 I switched to Mode 4 to see what the difference was and it instantly felt more natural to me. Having elevator and rudder on the same stick made controlling the little critter much easier.

Is there any reason why I can';t just re-configure my 9XR for Mode 4 and be done with it or are there benefits to learning Mode 2?
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

peter_a

I think problem is muscle memory !!!!

It`s like driving a car and your new car as the pedals in a different order , crash !!!!!!
I found I had problems controlling my hex with mode 1 , because all my other helicopter are mode 2 , when things go bad your automatic reactions take over and you move the wrong stick.

I don`t think it matters which mode you use , as long as you stick with it.     

DarrenG

That';s one benefit I have I guess, I';m new to all this so whatever set-up I use is new. Going to stick with Mode 4 and keep practicing with the micro quad whilst I pray for the rain to pi** off :D
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

peter_a

I don`t think our helie`s are really designed for indoor house flight.
When the rain stops it`s so windy you can`t fly anyway .
But like you i`m thinking of getting a mini / mico quad so I can fly indoors .

guest325

Quote from: DarrenG on Friday,May 24, 2013, 16:40:35
Having only ever read about Mode 1 and Mode 2 I switched to Mode 4 to see what the difference was and it instantly felt more natural to me. Having elevator and rudder on the same stick made controlling the little critter much easier.
Is there any reason why I can';t just re-configure my 9XR for Mode 4?
Mode 4 is a mirror of mode 1, I started flying on mode 2 (helis) when I started flying Planes I couldn';t get on with it so one night I followed the YouTube video to convert my dx6i to mode 1; I';ve not looked back since. My advice is if it feels right go for it, but the only Transmitter I know of that does modes 1, 2, 3 & 4 is the Hitec Aurora 9 and swaps easily, don';t know if your 9xr will do it without major surgery!
Good luck with it!

DarrenG

Quote from: DarrellW on Friday,May 24, 2013, 19:40:18 My advice is if it feels right go for it, but the only Transmitter I know of that does modes 1, 2, 3 & 4 is the Hitec Aurora 9 and swaps easily, don';t know if your 9xr will do it without major surgery!
Good luck with it!
No problem there, it can';t switch between Modes 1 and 2 without surgery but I can switch between 2 and 4 in the menu.
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]

guest325

Quote from: DarrenG on Friday,May 24, 2013, 19:43:59
No problem there, it can';t switch between Modes 1 and 2 without surgery but I can switch between 2 and 4 in the menu.
That';s the way you do it with the Aurora 9.

icedfusion

When i started flying, i started on those cheap 30 quid helis which are from china. These are mode 4. I started flying my quad on this mode and I was doing ok. I then joined a club and everyone was on mode 2, with some on mode 1 but I was the only one on mode 4.

I decided to switch to mode 2 in case I needed help from anyone. Turns out the committee from the club were a bunch of idiots and I left, so now I am stuck with mode 2 as that is now what I am used to.

However, as mode 2 and 4 have the throttle on the same side, then changing the controls is not difficult as only the throttle side really matters.

You can do different things with mode 4 than with mode 2, if you have already started learning mode 4 then the only real reason to change is that ';alot'; of ready to fly stuff is in mode 1 or 2.

ice.

DarrenG

Was a little flummoxed when I tried to arm it in Mode 4 and couldn';t. After some head scratching I realised that Arm/Disarm would be reversed.  So sticks down and In to Arm and Down and Out to disarm.  Need to remember that!

Off to do the maiden flight <eek>
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]

peter_a

It is the first time I`ve tried to flying my multicopter instead of just hover it , and worked out that mode 2 for a plane is mode 1 for a multicopter.

Throttle on a plane is forward speed , but on the multicoper is height  , where the Elevator is the pitch for forward speed .

guest325

Quote from: peter_a on Friday,May 31, 2013, 18:48:41
It is the first time I`ve tried to flying my multicopter instead of just hover it , and worked out that mode 2 for a plane is mode 1 for a multicopter.

Throttle on a plane is forward speed , but on the multicoper is height  , where the Elevator is the pitch for forward speed .
Not quite, because rudder and ailerons do the same thing with both models but are on opposite sticks, I fly mode 1 for both and have to be very careful about what I';m doing and thinking.