Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 15:32:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

TopTip of the day

Started by Gav, Tuesday,August 07, 2012, 08:18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav

If you happen to be in a coffee shop make sure to grab a handfull of those wooden stirring sticks.  They make for great epoxy glue mixers while you're busy at multirotor building / repairing in the workshop/shed/man cave/garage etc.

Longnail

Hey Gav, on the boating side we use coffee winders as planking so there might be a rush on :whistling:
Den

Gaza07

Typical the greedy boating boys nickem all  :rofl: Just don't use pound shop epoxy when it dries hmmm prob the wrong word when it attempts to dry it remains like chewing gum, so as glue its not really much use and as gum it just tastes nasty  ::)
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Gav

hehee that is one thing I don't scrape on and that is decent epoxy.  I must admit I grab a wodge of sticks when my stocks are low.

MadMax

Nice tip whats the tip for tomorrow well today as this was yesterday if you know what I mean  :shrug:

Gav

MadMax

Why not the yellow stuff has a bit of taste to it, the white stuff dont  :wack0

teslahed

Quotehehee that is one thing I don't scrape on and that is decent epoxy.

I find Wilkinsons own brand epoxy is the cheapest readily available stuff worth buying. It's usually about £3-something which is a few quid cheaper than most of the branded ones without being noticeably weaker that i can tell.

The 5 min stuff sets strong really quickly so as long as you only have a small piece to glue it works well if you are in a hurry.

The 15 min stuff is about 2 or 3 hours slower than the 5 min stuff, not 10 min slower as you might expect. I was quite disappointed when i first discovered this - it would have been quicker to walk to the shops to buy more of the 5 min stuff. 15 mins is the 'handling time' - it takes a good couple of hours to become properly touch dry and half a day or more to fully set.

If you have lots of epoxying to do you want to buy the large tubes from somewhere online.

QuoteI must admit I grab a wodge of sticks when my stocks are low.

Broken props make excellent epoxy spreading spatulas.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Gav

buy plenty of cable ties and double sided sticky foam strip in the cheap shop too.  Amazing how many cable ties you get through in this hobby

Gav

Top tip of today 30th Jan 2013

:cool:  When ordering stuff from HobbyKing, don';t forget to throw in some heatshrink and a nice new pair of wire / side cutters into your cart.  less than $2 for a pair if cutters - bargain! 

XH558

Sneak into your wife/girlfriend/partner';s wardrobe and find some of those spring loaded 2 clip trouser hangers she has ..... she won';t be using all of them .... :whistling:

Cut the ends off the hangers and slide the clips off each end - now you have 2 very nice FREE spring loaded clips for holding stuff whilst gluing -  holding stuff whilst dremelling - and many many other uses ....   ;)
Also they are invariably wider than standard grip clips you can get from B&Q... AND they tend to have lovely non slip linings - can';t be bad ...  ::)
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

maddog7

A tip for tips for those new to soldering:

THE VERY FIRST TIME! you plug in your soldering iron or put a new tip on it, apply solder to the tip AS the iron heats up, it helps prepare the tip by preventing oxidation and makes the solder stick/run on the iron better.

If your having problems with your iron replace the tip and do the above.

:smiley:
D

Ross

.........AND -  if you find you need three hands for a job, use a blob of Blue Tack to hold the job......
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.