Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 07:10:57

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Dji iOSD Application Good News if you own one..

Started by VinHex, Thursday,May 23, 2013, 13:40:13

Previous topic - Next topic

VinHex

I';ve spent a couple of days creating an application to use the DJI iOSD Data..  This is not fully alpha tested yet..  But if you are interested in a copy in a week or so PM me and I';ll send you the link..  Free of course...  (at the moment LOL)

If interested will show how you load the data in and get the information..

This will show you at a click where you was flying, GPS Coordinates as well as Altitude, yaw, pitch and roll.  It will fly you through your data showing on the map you location and where you were flying..  You can also export this data to Google Maps to see your complete flight path..

Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

VinHex

Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

dani_r

This is superb! Just what I';m looking for :) I would like some more details please!

Cheers

Dani

VinHex

No worries Danny will pm details later this week just tweaking code to get correct aircraft details.. Close but not perfection will have completed by end of week
Vin,

dani_r

Quote from: VinHex on Monday,May 27, 2013, 11:41:43
No worries Danny will pm details later this week just tweaking code to get correct aircraft details.. Close but not perfection will have completed by end of week

That';s great :) thank you for all your hard work on this!

VinHex

Ok done some more coding last night..  Managed to get some time in..  I';ve updated my firmware on the iOSD Mrk 1 and haven';t tested the new format yet..

But this is an example of the export to Google Maps WHICH YOU NEED INSTALLED..
Vin,

VinHex

Please read: first...

This is an aplha test application.. And if you install it';s at your own choice..  There maybe bugs but post them on here and ill try and support the best I can..  I can';t support personal issues if something is not working its be added as a favour...

Instructions..
1: you need to download the GPS exporter from DJI site http://www.dji-innovations.com/download/wookong-m-waypoint-downloads/

2: copy the files install from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lvu5et4y8jkof88/KbB_mDdh2C please copy do not drag and drop as this will remove the files from the server.

3: install google earth download from google if not already.

4: use the DJI GPS converter to convert your iOSD dat file into a txt format..

5: drag and drop the file into the black area above the map. Or use the menu file open and select the converted file.

6: click on. Any line in the data and this will point to that location and data select as you wish..

Flight:

Select start flight this will run through your flight showing you in the map below.. If you raise or lower the number on the zoom in the left menu it will zoom in and out.. The flight will continue until it reaches the end or your select stop flight..

Export..
Select export to google maps and save the file on your desktop..  Double click on file and it should open in google earth..

BUG.. I';ve had some issues but I think it';s google earth that when finished google earth doesn';t close down correctly only happens now and again.. But if does ie you double click on the file again and nothing happens you need to kill the service in manager on your pc..

Have fun load some examples up and again please it';s install at own risk.. 
Vin,

VinHex

Bug update:
Google maps wasn';t showing flight path on long flights..  This was due to limit with corodinates..  This now adds every other line to show path..

Vin
Vin,

dani_r

I';m gunna take a look at that this week! Thanks for this :)

GlancefromAbove

Hi there,
maybe a strange question...

I';ve downloaded the GPSExport tool from DJI. Here it sais to be v1.2
Loading a dat file works but when I then click on export I get an empty txt file!?
The dat file I make use of contains a lot of data so what do i do wrong?

You will find the dat file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7518949/FLY127.dat

Regards,
Norbert

VinHex

Ill download the file tomorrow to take a look I think I still have the original download as well so ill try on both to what comes up.
Vin,