Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 12:08:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Board, ESC or Other Issue?

Started by jimbo385, Wednesday,May 22, 2013, 19:20:01

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo385

Hi Peeps,

I have a bit of a problem with my set-up and I would like some help.

Firstly I had me V2 Crius board working very well on my SK450 with the 20a X 4 Skywalker esc. I decided to transfer the board to my FPV450 and problems started!

The FPV450 has the RCTimer 30a flashed ESCs along with Turnigy';s SK3 motors running 8x4.5 props.

I know that I made a mistake when installing in that I attached each ESC without removing the red +ve pin from each. This was corrected on all but one motor and motors seemed to run up ok. However, all the copter wanted to do was to pitch forward! It was clear to me that I probably had motor positions on the board wrong! So, I eventually got the motor assignments right and ran her up but only the front 2 motors started. I then used the throttle hub to calibrate the motors and all reacted as expected. Connected them back up and now only 3 motors run up!

If I exchange the one that doesn';t run up with one that does, it still doesn';t run up!

I have re-flashed the Crius board twice and still the same issue!

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

Gaza07

Try the calibration routine again but when you drop the throttle drop it smoothly and not a fast jerk, this might cure your problem  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

jimbo385

cuongvd

Look like that output chanel was bad.
I will try to load the AIO with hexcopter config to try, then you have 6 ouput chanels to try out.
If it really the output bad, go into the code reassign that motor output to a good PIN.
Good luck.
DJI flame wheel 450 kit with motor and ESC
Crius AIO Pro V2 with Mpng 2.8R3
BLheli firmware on DJI ESC

sirrtoby666

Try to erase in missionplanner before you reflash it. The old software can give you errors. ^-^

robshaw

How do you erase a crius board in mission planner?
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

fruitsalad

in ardiuno---file>examples>eeprom>eeprom clear>upload....
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

jimbo385

Ok....

The offending esc is plugged into output channel 3. If I disarm and swap esc in channel 2, I get the same result in that motor 3 does not spin but motor 2 does!

Therefore, I doubt that it';s the output channel.

However, when I plug them all into the 4 in 1 Throttle Hub and into the receiver, all 4 motors run up!

Actually, can I plug the Throttle Hub into Output Channels 2, 3, 5 the 6 to test the ESC';s? Also, does it or would it make a difference if one, noe or all esc,s have the +ve pin in as I am powering the board from a BEC unit and the jumper out?

Many thanks.

robshaw

I power my board from a ubec and just have the red wire connected on motor output 2. Make sure the yellow jumper is removed from the board.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

jimbo385

robshaw

How are you leveling it? Have you carried out level? You need to click terminal in mission planner and then type setup and enter then type level and enter. Ensure quad is plugged in to USB and its on a level surface.

jimbo385

I';m running multiwii. I don';t think I have that option

sirrtoby666

To erase in missionplanner you go to terminal and write: setup "enter"
Then: erase "enter"

Woala... finished

sirrtoby666

It doesnt matter if you use multiwii, it works anyway:D

jimbo385

But I don';t use mission planner. For Multiwii I use Multiwii Wingui.

sirrtoby666

Sorry i answered a quesion further up. In multiwii gui you have buttons calib acc and magnometer, that will help you get it get it level and magnometer will help you calibrate so you can get heading hold.

jimbo385

Well, I';ve sorted it!

I recalibrated Acc & Mag and still had the problem. I then swapped ESCs on output 2 & 3 and still the same. In the GUI, I noticed that the motor readings on right rear was less than the others! I then looked at my TX and noticed that the trim on Ail was full right and on elevator, full up!  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I now remember trying to cure a spinning and pitch problem when I had the ESCs in the wrong board outputs!

So, I re-set these back to zero and presto! Motors worked but not as expected.! I was getting almost full throttle before 50% stick and zero travel from there to 100% throttle. I';ve finally found that my travel adjust in the JR PCM9X2 TX was the culprit. I have now set these at High 100% and low 108%. This now gives me a smooth range of throttle. While adjusting all of these figures, I had to recalibrate the ESCs to the new throttle settings on the TX. This was a pain but made easier with the throttle hub.

Many thanks for all your comments and help. Going back to basics and starting from scratch has helped big time!

Cheers.

robshaw

jimbo385

Me too cause I thought I';d fried the board in some way.

I now have to Tune Tune Tune!

cuongvd

DJI flame wheel 450 kit with motor and ESC
Crius AIO Pro V2 with Mpng 2.8R3
BLheli firmware on DJI ESC