Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 13:12:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 20
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Fat sharks

Started by Col_M, Monday,May 20, 2013, 23:08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_M

I';m kind of unsure what to get, from what I';ve seen and read the Dominators are the ones to go for right now. However I have a 59mm IPD and the Dominators have a fixed IPD of 63.5mm, I don';t want to risk using them if they strain my eyes as I get migraines. I';d really like a built in reciever too so that leaves the Attitude SD or the Dominator HD coming later in the year (Dom HDs are meant to have adjustable IPD).

Attitude SD
Pros - cheaper than Dominator HD, available now.
Cons - Head tracking, comes with 250mw transmitter both of which I don';t need. Slightly lower quality picture.

Dominator HD
Pros - better quality optics and screens, modularity.
Cons - more expensive (assuming rumoured $500 price), not available yet and includes a video recorder that I don';t need.

I';m leaning towards the Attitude SD + ImmersionRC 25mw transmitter to keep legal as they are cheaper and available now, I';d keep the 250mw for when I get more adventurous.

Any thoughts or advice?  :smiley:
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Fazerboy

I bought the attitudes the other week.... Been using them the past couple of weeks and loving them... Sry can';t really advise on if the dom';s are better I hear the have a smaller screen and the are a bit darker than the attitudes ... Also the dom';s are modular.... You will have to buy the Rx etc separate....

Hope it helps

Col_M

Thanks Fazerboy! :) extra input is always appreciated.

I';ve spoken to someone else who also owns a pair of the attitudes and I think it';s settled. Just need to work out how to get the best price, someone is getting back to me on that :)

p1lts

I';ve bought Attitudes. First FPV goggles so nothing to compare to but I';m very happy with the product.

You';d have to compare models back to back to get a definitive answer for yourself but the Attitudes are a great product.
F550, Naza-M GPS, Fatshark Attitudes, GoPro Hd2 & HD3 black, TBS EzOSD

dp106

If you look in firstpersonview';s ';section'; they have a comparison of the specs for the different goggles. Not sure if it will help you though, still trying to decide myself :-)

Col_M

Quote from: dp106 on Tuesday,May 21, 2013, 18:55:05
If you look in firstpersonview';s ';section'; they have a comparison of the specs for the different goggles. Not sure if it will help you though, still trying to decide myself :-)
Cheers, unfortunately I';m a sucker for details and have already compared specs side by side until my head hurts, it';s the deciding that I';m rubbish at  :laugh:

I';ve plumped for the Attitude SD though :)

nub

lol aye i know the feeling, well be interesting to see what u think of them, i';ll be looking for a set of goggles again in a couple of weeks.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dp106

I';ve more or less come to the same conclusion, just not sure where to get them from, most places appear out of stock.

Do you know what else you need as well as the goggles? I think they come with a transmitter so it';s just a battery for the goggles and a camera?

Col_M

As far as I know yes.

Though you';ll likely need various power and signal wires and or connectors for the VTx and camera I';d imagine.

Fazerboy

Yeah all you need to get the attitudes up and running is basically a camera.... You do get the wiring so you can just plug in the balance lead but you might have to so some wiring depending on what camera you get...... The vtx has a 5v out feed for the camera but I got a 12v... So I had to do some creative wiring :)

dp106

I';ve got as an 808 #16 camera so I';m hoping I can wire that up assuming the quality is good enough..

bunnygirl80

Hi,

I have the Attis and I';m very impressed. I bought the complete kit from FirstPersonView, but that did not include the battery or an extension cable for the battery. It all depends on a number of things. You can power the goggles from your transmitter, but it depends which one you have. For me, I use a JR / Spektrum and made an extension cable so that the battery can be put in my pocket. I also got some Spiro antenna';s for longer range. Range is not very good with the stock antennas.

p.s. I do get a lot of misting problems with them.

Good luck, Thxx
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

robshaw

I also have attitudes from firstpersonview. Bought complete kit from them. I haven';t had any other models and have only used these a couple of times. I use upgraded antenna from Gav on here. They seem much better than the standard but I haven';t really gone much distance with them yet. I added the best camera they offered and tbh I';m having difficulties with them.

They';re not as immersive as I was expecting and so far I';m not impressed. That could be fpv in general tho and not the goggles. I';m finding it actually quite difficult and not as natural and flowing as I expected. Picture quality I feel hinders you when say your flying in a field and all there is is grass below you. It all looks the same and so you can';t really tell direction of travel or speed. I';ve ordered a cable to connect my gopro 3 to use as fpv cam in an attempt to improve my fov and hopefully picture quality.

Like I mentioned I';ve only had them out twice and have been extremely careful with then, as I';m sure you are aware, they';re not cheap. Unfortunately I';ve managed to get a couple of white dots on the left hand LCD. I believe this is from UV light damage. OK they';re tiny and in no way take away from the image but I was a bit miffed about it and how sensitive they appear to be.

I power them from my 9xr with the cable provided with the kit so no need for battery strapped into head band although I do have fat shark battery as well. I have also had the head tracking working pretty easily although have no interest in using it in flight I had to give it a go. Its pretty impressive.

This is just my personal experience of them and like I say, I just don';t seem to be getting on with fpv in general yet, so don';t take my negatives too seriously. Like you I pondered about which model and finally decided on the attitudes. I haven';t had any regrets about this decision and still feel they';re probs the best buy from the range. Build quality is spot on. Just be extremely careful with direct sunlight on the screens.

In considering investing in a small monitor and going down that route if I can';t get into the goggles. When your wearing them you feel very isolated and its a bit nerve wracking. I feel if I';m looking into a monitor I can just look up if theres any problem.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

powerlord

I use both. A cheapy 20 quid monitor glues on top of my tx9 - this is plugged in to the output from the fat sharks.

I keep the fat sharks on my head like a head band usually.

So mainly flying Los and the monitor showing me what I';m videoing and fly in heading/simple mode.

Then when I want to fpv I just pull goggles down over eyes, flip my naza to normal mode and fly. Works well for me.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

Col_M

I';ve actually tried JAB1a';s Attitudes on when I went out flying with him, to start off it';s a strange sensation for sure as the flight went on I got used to it. I found them to be great.

I think the only thing I need to look out for is that I get the Rev. B ones with the NexWaveRF 90db receiver module in rather than the 85db Airwave one in the Rev. A, however as they have been out for almost a year firstpersonview.co.uk will only have the rev. B I';m sure.

Just a waiting game now as someone said they will get them for me VAT free sent to a BFPO which was kind of them  ;D just need to wait for them to come back on leave  :waiting: