Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 15:15:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Self levelling worries

Started by Augerin, Sunday,May 19, 2013, 11:48:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Augerin

Hi all,

As my Dualsky hornet does not have self levelling I decided to swap the gyro controller for a KK2 board. I have upgraded the firmware to V1.5 and decided to do a ';tethered test'; before flying. My self level settings are 40, 4,0 0, 0

Holding it in my hand it did not do what I expected. Whilst some motors would speed up when tilted, others would not. In fact on some occasions the ';high side'; would speed up, which would have flipped it over. I don';t want to fly it unless I can be confident that all is well.

I have recalibrated the ESC';s and they seem to start all together well. One curious thing, when recalibrating, with the stick up on the Tx, the ESC';s would go through a series of beeps from one to 8, and then start at 1 again. Is this normal?

Wow! a Dakota just went over at 500 feet!!!  :smiley: Must be going to an event. Anyway, I digress.

Here are some of my settings:

PI editor
P Gain 50
P Limit 100
I gain 25
I limit20

Mode settings
Self level - aux
Link roll pitch - yes
Auto disarm - yes
CPPM enabled - no

Stick scaling
Roll 30
Pitch 30
Yaw 50
Throt 90

Misc
Min throt 10
Height damp 0
Height D limit 30
Servo filter 50

Mixer editor
Throt 100
Ail -71
Elv 71
Rud 100
offset 0
Type ESC
Rate high

Motor layout is X

Has anybody got any thoughts please?

Augerin

Oh, the sensor test says all OK and I calibrated the gyros on a flat surface.

Acc X 621
Acc Y 617
Acc Z 780

When it does its calibration thing there is nothing listed against  Sec, is this Ok?

fruitsalad

have you got escs plugged in correct ports.
and have you calibrated escs...
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Augerin

Yep, Starting from the front right, going around clockwise they are in ports 1 to 4.

As for calibration they all seem to start at the same time, its just that they do that 1 to 8 beep thing which throws me a bit.

Augerin

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I decided to try a little hop and it flies!  ::) Wants to drift backwards, but I need to find a really level surface to calibrate it properly.

I changed my self level settings to 100, 40, 0, 0 the default was 100, 20, 0, 0

Not sure what difference it makes. Are the higher numbers more or less stable?

nub

Quote from: Augerin on Sunday,May 19, 2013, 13:47:39
Yep, Starting from the front right, going around clockwise they are in ports 1 to 4.

or from top left and going clockwise? :laugh:

bump up your min throttle if they';re not all quite starting at the same time mine is set to 20.

the setting u dropped was the limit? which gives u less control over the quad so i suppose means its a bit more stable if its stable in auto level in the 1st place but once it starts to drift your could have problems bring it back if its set to low :smiley:

auto level gain seems a bit high, but then that';s going to depend on your setup, there are a couple of good videos on youtube about tuning the P and I gains on the KK2 board showing u what to watch for and what to do.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Augerin

Thanks Nub  ~~

I';m a complete newbie to this flight controller malarkey, having only previously had to use my thumbs to try to keep my planes from re-kitting themselves.

Still a bit unsure as to the self-level settings. Are higher numbers more or less self-levelling? I';ve seen 40-40 listed as being good, but the default settings on mine were 100-20, which for some reason I';ve changed to 100-40. Just wish I knew what I was doing! LOL

mrmurder1975

the p gain in the self level settings is how hard the board will try to bring back the quad to level when you release the sticks, how quickly it will react. the I gain in the self level settings is how much input the board will allow you to make while the quad is in self level mode.

so if you have a high p gain in the sl settings the quad will snap back to level when you release the sticks (too high and it will induce oscillation) . a low setting here and it will be mushy. tune it to how you like it.

with a low I gain in the sl settings you will have very little control over the quad when its in self level mode. with a high I gain your inputs will have a lot of impact. the quad will be very sensitive to any stick input on the yaw, roll and pitch axis. again, tune it how you like it.

just remembered I have this in my favourites, this will tell you everything you need to know..KK2 Autolevel Tuning and Explanation
hope that helps  :beer2:
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!
How fast can it go?     Fast!
Can i have a go?        NO!!

Augerin

Thanks MM';75, that';s just the ticket!

Much appreciated.  ~~ ~~ ~~

mrmurder1975

very welcome mate. I was in the same boat as you until I found this video.  ~~
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!