Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 01:29:51

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

T-motors?

Started by nub, Monday,May 13, 2013, 11:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

nub

does anybody runs these MT2208';S or 2206';s, are they worth the extra pennies?

is there anything else on par with these?

thx.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

SimonS

For a TBS Discovery sized quad you are better going for the 2216/11 900kv.  These are the motors that TBS sell (made for them by Tiger motor) and are also available as Torxpower from Quadcopters.  There are a few of us running these motors and if you come to the meet next Sunday (I';ll send you a pm re transport) you can see at least one machine with these motors.

With motors you should either go for something cheap and accept that you are going to have to spend some time to balance them (and possibly buy more than you need to end up with a good set) or spend the money on the likes of Tiger, AXi etc and save yourself some time and effort.  My tiger 2216';s were so well balanced out of the box that I didn';t need to do any work on them.  The NTM';s that I had before were impossible to balance to the same level despite much work.  What you have to watch out for are the cheap motors at silly prices (eg the standard DJI motors).

nub

thx for the info that';s what i was kind of thinking i might as well buy something decent instead of causing myself any problems buying something cheap/sub par.

will be interesting to see what they';re like compared to my DJI motors then  :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

steve fh

I';ll second what Simon has said.

My tigers were well worth the money very smooth with no balancing required.

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

mickyt

I also run the torxpower 900kv motors on my tbs and their well worth the money and you would notice if you had one in your hand they are quality
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

nub

cool deff looks like the way to go then :)

have any of u guys heard of or had experience with Floatship?
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

SimonS

Never heard of them before.  Their T-motor prices are a little more than the norm.

Jumpy07

Like Simon, I also run Torxpower Motors on my TBS,  900kv.. and they do feel like quality

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

nub

Quote from: SimonS on Tuesday,May 14, 2013, 07:28:50
Never heard of them before.  Their T-motor prices are a little more than the norm.

really, i thought they were cheap lol if its UK stock anyways, one site i looked at were wanting £30 odd a motor for the 2208.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

steve fh

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

nub

yer thx i did have a look there but they were out of stock :(

think i';ll phone that place before i order them to make sure they are physically here in the UK in they';re shop or whatever, i';ve noticed they also have some stuff of ebay but the T-motors aren';t listed they only have the suppo 2208';s.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

nub

think i have a problem with one of my motors, its giving off a bit more vibration than the other 3, u can feel the difference holding the arm, i';ve made a small video to show the problem and was just wondering what u guys think, would u send it back to be replaced?

thx

bad vibe?
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

SimonS

That does not sound right.  Is there any vertical play in it?  One thing to check is the two grub screws that hold the shaft to the bell.  Make sure that they are tight.

nub

na no vertical play in motor, but it does feel a bit notchier than the others i think.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Gaza07

I think I would want it replacing you have payed for quality so you should expect it to be as sweet as the others  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

nub

yer i have emailed the shop to see if they';ll replace it for me, hopefully they do and don';t have to deal with Tiger motors directly myself.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

SimonS

Bring it with you tomorrow and we can take a look.

nub

aye will do if get along, also looks like they';re going to exchange it for me nps :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.