Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 08:40:06

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

TeslaQuad

Started by MrDimmu, Friday,May 10, 2013, 12:58:24

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDimmu

My new tesla quad turned up .. i now need to wait for all my other bits to show up so i can go crash it =D

Already looking at ways to go forwards with it

Worlds hardest box to get into >.<

There was more bubble wrap than there was a quad haha

Picture with my X4 ontop .. looks massive compared hopefully il get to fly either one of them soon  ~~

Just wanted say thanks to Chris .. and show how well he sends these out  :notworthy:

teslahed

I';m very glad to see it';s arrived safe and sound and i look forward to your first flight with the thing. Sorry about all the tape but it was chucking it down when i had to walk to the post office so i thought a bit of water resistance wouldn';t hurt  :smiley:

I definitely recommend waiting for some good calm weather and taking it to a nice field with long grass if you can for the first few flights - the Teslaquads are not indestructible but you can get away with a lot when flying in a nice soft field - especially if you cut power when things start going bad rather than letting the speed build up too much.

Give me a shout when the other bits turn up and i will talk you through the basic setup required to get it in the air. If you post up in this thread it should be useful for others so remember - there are no stupid questions, anything i haven';t already covered will likely be added to the official build thread eventually so it';s all useful to me - thanks.

edit - i did test fly it before i sent it - promise i didn';t crash it  ;)

http://youtu.be/rQSoM5rDJ3c

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

MrDimmu

Haha it';s fine I will test how well they crash.. Hk stuff should arrive in next 1-4 weeks.. I will defo keep this thread updated with how I go and what I do with it, already looking into bluetooth

And if I get the hang of it I want a hex one for fpv :p

fruitsalad

love the big grin at the end of the vid,thats one happy chappy.. ::)
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

MrDimmu

Quote from: fruitsalad on Friday,May 10, 2013, 21:34:58
love the big grin at the end of the vid,thats one happy chappy.. ::)

Am I missing something?

sausageroll

Tesla, is that a special cover to protect the TV from rotor damage? I want one, how much.

Pete.

teslahed

QuoteTesla, is that a special cover to protect the TV from rotor damage?

It';s just a thick green towel doubled up to cover the screen.

Obviously i wouldn';t recommend learning to fly in the living room but I';m fairly confident i can control the quadcopter in such a small space now that I';ve been flying them for a bit, so i use it for testing out of the wind and PID tuning. The TV is about the only thing in the room i could seriously damage - although if i did hit a wall at speed i could probably scrape the wallpaper which wouldn';t be good either.

So yeah - i don';t recommend flying in your living room, but if you do - towel over the flatscreen!

It is fun trying to keep it under control in such a small space though. Nose in is scary, especially at first.

QuoteAm I missing something?

I updated a previous post in this thread with a video of me test flying your new quadcopter.

MrDimmu

Ahhh it doesn';t show YouTube links up very well on my phone it seems haha  :huh

MrDimmu

WOOOOOO my bits have come

haha and i dont know how to connect my reciver up .. or which the usb chip goes too  :embarrassed    :help:

MrDimmu

TeslaQuad Start Up

Sooo i got the Receiver working with the quad and the TX ... so i thought id see if i could arm it and disarm

Now i need to secure stuff properly  ~~

FlyinMarty

Are you going to put landing gear on itn to protect battery when landing?
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

MrDimmu

Quote from: martyjward on Thursday,May 23, 2013, 17:24:30
Are you going to put landing gear on itn to protect battery when landing?

I got a idea for some little feet I going play with

FlyinMarty

Probably put Heli skids on, just don';t know what ones to get size wise (as I';m waiting for pay day)
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

MrDimmu

Quote from: martyjward on Thursday,May 23, 2013, 20:18:45
Probably put Heli skids on, just don';t know what ones to get size wise (as I';m waiting for pay day)

Il show you my feet when done

guest325

Quote from: martyjward on Thursday,May 23, 2013, 20:18:45
For that size copter 450 size heli skids will be plenty big enough, I';ve got 500/550 size on my 450 quad.

MrDimmu

Ok so for feet i was going laser something out of wood etc but then today i was bored so attched little rubber blocks ^_^ .. shall have to test it soon

MrDimmu

http://youtu.be/gk8EMkjR6uw

There we go the rubber feet make the landings nice and soft and bouncy  ;D

BUTTTT it pulls right lots, i got trim set to full and then have to move right stick right .. thing needs balancing better

MrDimmu

http://youtu.be/-s2X4jhxhhI

Tada it flies .. now i just need lots of practice haha

teslahed

Good to see you';ve got it in the air and flying :smiley: