Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 04:31:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

RC Control Settings on the Multiwiigui

Started by jimbo385, Thursday,May 09, 2013, 12:01:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo385

I have the v2 Crius board running Multiwii v2.2 with the wingui v2.2 as well.

I was just reading through Gaza07';s excellent manual rev 1.1 and noticed that there are far more RC Control Settings displayed in the manual that I do not have!

I have attached a copy of what I have displayed. I think that I have the following useful items missing;

ALTHOLD
MAG
RTH
PASSTHRU

Are the above useful and how do I make them available.

Thanks.
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

teslahed

You tick the check box next to the feature you want to enable using one of your auxillary channels to turn them on and off. If you have a 3 way switch on your transmitter you can use the medium and high settings to turn on one then another (or several) options sequentially and at the same time. You can use several auxillary channels if you have them to give you more choice.

ALTHOLD uses the barometer to maintain a given altitude. You need to make sure there is breathable foam over your barometer otherwise prop wash will make your quadcopter jump up and down.

MAG turns on the magnetometer. This helps the quadcopter hold a heading and needs to be on if you are using GPS position hold or return to home.

RTH - return to home. If you have a GPS device hooked up and working then this will make your quad come back to where you took of. You need the Mag and Althold on at the same time for this to work.

PASSTHRU - no idea, never used it.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

jimbo385

Hi Teslashed,

Thanks for your reply. I believe I understand what the do but they are not available to be ticked!

Have I missed something in the Config.H?

Cheers.

teslahed

If you';ve commented in the crius as your flight controller in the multiwii config file then it should pick up the existence of the barometer and magnetometer so they should be available as options to tick. I am not sure why you can';t tick them. If you want to copy and paste your config file i can look at it to see if you';ve missed anything obvious. Use the "#" button in the chat window if you are posting code and it puts it in a little code window

1. print "hello world"
2. Goto 1

like that.

jimbo385

Unable to post my config.h as it exceeds the maximum number of characters. Therefore, I have sent it as a file.

Now I find that I can not send this type of file!

I have therefore converted it to a txt file.

Cheers.

teslahed

Well that all looks fine. When you load up the GUI with your quad attached to the PC do you get any readings from the barometer at all?

In the standard GUI i use (the winGUI is laid out differently) you';ll see Acc, Gyro, Mag, Alt, Head readings down the bottom left. You should see ALT moving about a bit (it';s not perfect) and change if you lift your quad up a meter. Or you can blow on the barometer - that should get the readings changing. The MAG readings will also show results which should change if you rotate your quadcopter. If you aren';t getting any readings from these something is probably wrong.

Also i notice that you haven';t used the low pass filter at all. It';s well worth fiddling with as it can make your quadcopter fly much better;

/* MPU6050 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
         to decrease the LPF frequency, only one step per try. As soon as twitching gone, stick with that setting.
         It will not help on feedback wobbles, so change only when copter is randomly twiching and all dampening and
         balancing options ran out. Uncomment only one option!
         IMPORTANT! Change low pass filter setting changes PID behaviour, so retune your PID';s after changing LPF.*/
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_188HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_98HZ
      #define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_20HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_10HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_5HZ       // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

As you comment in the lower values (5HZ filters out the most, 256HZ the least) you are filtering out more and more info from the gyros and accelerometers. The idea is that the noise from the motors and props (i.e the vibrations you are trying to get rid of) are much higher frequency than the movements of the quadcopter you want the sensors to actually detect. So if you put a filter of, say, 42hz on, all noise above 42hz gets ignored. If you use too high a value (filter out too little) you will have a jumpy twitchy quadcopter that flies poorly because of excessive vibrations affecting the sensors. If you use too low a value (filter out too much) you will start filtering out the actual lower frequency quadcopter movements as well as higher frequency noise and your quadcopter will again fly poorly because the sensors aren';t sensing as much as they should. So you need to experiment with the different values - but most of my quads fly best on a 42hz filter. The higher the value you can get away with using (the less you are filtering out) the better - it shows you have your quadcopter running very smoothly. If you have crappy cheap motors and props you may need to put it all the way down to 20hz just to get the thing to fly.

jimbo385

WOW! Thanks for all the information!

I looked at checking out the BARO as you have suggested. In the GUI, BARO is highlighted and switched on. However when I blow on it nothing in the GUI moves!

Is this a dud then?

teslahed

I';ve never seen a dud before, but if you aren';t getting any readings from the barometer in the bottom left and the value doesn';t change when you raise and lower the quadcopter, it does seem possible it';s a dud.

At this point i would welcome any suggestions from other people.

You could always try reloading the firmware. It probably wont help but it can';t hurt either.

jimbo385

Well went flying indoors at Fareham Models and it fake like a dream! Extremely stable and great response!

I will check it again but at the moment, I';m happy with it. One thing that u did find out is that when I had Baro on a switch, it flies much better. Maybe I';m looking in the wrong place!

teslahed

I think i may have gotten the wrong end of the stick here somewhere;

QuoteOne thing that u did find out is that when I had Baro on a switch, it flies much better.

I thought you were saying the barometer didn';t work;

QuoteI believe I understand what the do but they are not available to be ticked!

How can it be flying much better with the barometer on a switch if you can';t tick the barometer in the gui? You need to have the barometer ticked for the auxiliary channel to get that switch turning it on and off.

Althold is the barometer - they are the same thing.

jimbo385

I think that this is down to a mix up in terminology.

In the gui on the RC Control Settings tab, Baro is present and can be switched on and off. However in your previous post you stated that if you blow on the Baro, then it should be indicated on the Realtime Data screen. On this screen, nothing moves! Therefore the GUI is not displaying Baro information even though on this screen Baro is displayed as enabled.

Anyway, it looks like it is working but I still don';t have the other parameters displayed in the Gaza';s manual.

jimbo385

Here is a short video with me flying/hovering indoors.

IMG2753

Fareham Raceway is a great and fun place to fly indoors.