Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,January 20, 2020, 11:43:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Rares Gosav:
17 Jan 2020 17:44:22
Hi guys and happy new year!!!
ched:
01 Jan 2020 00:12:50
Happy new year everyone, happy flying.  :beer2: :beer2:
Gaza07:
31 Dec 2019 17:06:13
Happy new year all hope 2020 is a cracking year for you  :beer2:
ched:
25 Dec 2019 00:00:49
Happy Christmas to everyone.
apollo7:
24 Dec 2019 13:50:56
Seasons greetings to all on this forum have a good one ;)
ched:
21 Dec 2019 17:58:42
Have a great time DB. Look forward your projects in 2020.  :beer2:
hoverfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:59:17
Have a good one D.B. ~~ :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
DarkButterfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:14:27
 :beer2:
DarkButterfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:13:44
Tbh I've been really busy, not had much time to fly anything and with conditions being crap, hopefully in the new year I'll have some new projects on the go, mostly to do with HAM radio, will certainly fly again soon. FTR I hate FB too   :D Merry Christmas
Gaza07:
21 Dec 2019 15:21:30
Merry Christmas  :beer2:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197463
  • Total Topics: 19925
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 37
Total: 38

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Just got one

Started by p1uke, Wednesday,August 01, 2012, 21:25:06

Previous topic - Next topic

p1uke

Today I have purchased my first of many quads, a blade mqx.
Easily setup with dx6i. Only had a quick go in the house, Hover's very nicely. Will look forward to getting it outside.
Will let you all know how I get on with it.

Gaza07

I fancy having a go with one of these as I have already got a spektrum radio  ~~
Look forward to seeing your reports and maybe some pictures and videos  ~~

Quote from: p1uke on Wednesday,August 01, 2012, 21:25:06
Today I have purchased my first of many quads, a blade mqx.
Easily setup with dx6i. Only had a quick go in the house, Hover's very nicely. Will look forward to getting it outside.
Will let you all know how I get on with it.

MadMax

Hi p1uke could I ask where you bought it from and what sort of flight time you get with it  ;)

p1uke

Hi, I bought it from my local model shop in Wrexham.
The batteries seem to last a long time, Im only hovering at the moement, I would say around 6 to 8 minutes atleast.
I bought a second battery for only 4.99.

Gaza07

The batteries are cheap enough at £4.99 I bet you will soon be buying some more  ~~

p1uke

Hi, thought I would let you all know how I'm getting on with,

I think its great, had plenty of fights with it now, even a few crashes with no damage at all. The only thing I've noticed is that one of the motors might be getting abit worn, after a flight it feels abit rough when I spin the prop.
I also want to strap one of those key ring camera's to it.

Mark.

Gaza07

Hi Mark glad to hear your enjoying it one of those small keyring cams would probably be just the job, the more you do the more addicted you get  :rolleyes:
Maybe the bearings are damaged in the motor not sure if you could replace them or just replace the motor are the spares cheap for it ?

p1uke

There's a brand new in pack motor on eBay for £11.00, that's cheap enough.
I bought a blade mcpx heli the same time and I have used the quad the most, it is teaching me so much as its the first flying model I can pick up and fly.

I can't wait to get a camera on it.
I'm already looking to purchase next model, I like the look of the dji quads.

Gaza07

You cant go far wrong with the dji frame its cheap and very tough, the dji naza is also a very good controller that works right out of the box but at a price, there are cheaper alternatives if you don't mind a bit of tweaking, if you want an out of the box solution then the naza is the one, if not then some thing multi wii or a rabbit, the multi wii is a very good platform and is open source which means you can edit the code your self if you wish or just use it as supplied, if you need any help choosing dont hesitate to ask, thats what we are here for  ~~

p1uke

Thanks, I'm sure I will need help choosing. I'll be looking at the end of September when I get back from working in Qatar if I can wait that long.

Gaza07

Thanks for the pictures it looks like a lot of fun, I see you use a mobile phone, I don't have an I phone so have never seen the mobile version of the forum  ~~

p1uke

I've got an HTC desire, I'm using tapatalk, i find it so easy to use. Have you got a mobile version of the forum.

p1uke

Just looked at the forum on mobile, its very usable, a lot more than some. It comes up the same way as you view on PC.

Gaza07

I think your using it there is some software on the forum that works for mobiles I think it automatically detects tapatalk, do you use the forum on a home pc as well ? does anything look different ?

Gaza07

That's nice to know as ive never seen it  :shrug: :whistling:

p1uke

Its looks totally different with tapatalk, yes when you go to web address it notices your on an mobile and tells you about tapatalk.
I don't really use a PC to view forums anymore.

Gaza07

Iv'e really got to get one of these newer phones, I would like one that runs android as there are a few rc modeling apps available inc a multi wii set up app using a blue tooth connection, one gadget using another has got to be the way to go  :rolleyes:  ~~

p1uke

There great now. I'll take some screen shots tomorrow of tapatalk and a view of the forum on my mobile if you like.

Gaza07

Yea please I would like to see it and it would let others see what it looks like to, my daughter has an I phone but she wont put tapatalk on it coz she has to pay for it  :o
I'm sure she said it was only a couple of quid  :shrug:

Gaza07

Not sure if you know but there is a gallery section on the forum you can upload any pictures you like to that and then link them in to posts very easily, by simply pasting the gallery tag  ~~

MadMax

Nice pictures mark as gaza07 says it sure looks fun, multi wii is a very good choice for your first 450 size multi rotor you can buy a crius board really cheap even the crius all in one pro isnt to expensive and there is a few of us on here with multi wii that could help you get started, the naza is good but a lot of money  ;)

Gaza07

It all depends on how you want to proceed with some thing out of the box easy setup or some thing you have to do a bit more setting up your self, which isn't as daunting as it sounds  ~~

Quote from: MadMax on Wednesday,August 15, 2012, 07:14:28
Nice pictures mark as gaza07 says it sure looks fun, multi wii is a very good choice for your first 450 size multi rotor you can buy a crius board really cheap even the crius all in one pro isnt to expensive and there is a few of us on here with multi wii that could help you get started, the naza is good but a lot of money  ;)

p1uke

Hi all, Im still having loads of fun with the mqx, I have done my first bit of damage to it, I've broken a skid! But a replacement is only £4.00.

I've flown it probly 30 + times and that will be the only thing I've broken. Can't go fault it.

Gaza07

That is good news Mark a little video would be nice  :rolleyes: have you given any more thought to your next project yet, I know you said you liked the look of the rctimer rm450 with kk2  ~~

p1uke

I'm nother sure yet, I'm going to Qatar to work for a few weeks next week so I'm thinking of finding an rc shop and see what they have there. Work colleges have already been over there and they have said that stuff is cheap over there. We will see.

Gaza07

I hope you manage to pick up some real bargains dont forget where we are if you need any help or advise choosing, I hope you have a good time working abroad I would love it  ~~

p1uke

It will be the furthest I've been away from home, and the longest time away from the family.
I'm hoping there will be a bargin to get over there, if not I'll be ordering from china when I get home.

Gaza07

Well I hope it goes well for you and being away from family isnt as bad as it was a few years ago with all the technology we have with communication now days you can chat and see each other every day  ~~

p1uke

Yer I know. The other guys have already bought an mobile internet dongle which is wireless so can use several different ways to speak on mobile and laptop.