Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 13:13:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Black Friday deals

Started by ched, Tuesday,November 12, 2019, 17:29:43

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

I thought I would create a post so anyone who spots any good deals could add them here:
BangGood hava a 11/11 'sale' on. There do seem to be some reductions but as you know their 'sale price' vs 'original price' may not quite be right!!
Have a dig about for some deals:

https://bit.ly/2Q8RyAc
https://bit.ly/33CmXik
https://bit.ly/2NC0kF6
https://bit.ly/2O3WKm9

As Black Friday approaches I hope there are some good deals kicking about. Happy Hunting and don't forget to post deals.
I try :-)

ched

Just having a browse through the quad stuff on BG and spotted the FatShark HDO 2 have been reduced to £395!!!! Still seem to be £450 on most other sites. I guess warranty is fine as FatShark have good reputation for any repairs.
They don't seem to be in stock but I would guess they would get here in time for Christmas????
Tempting....

ched

Looks like Black Friday is nearly here, some good discounts here : https://bit.ly/33anarT
Still can't make up my mind what I would like for Christmas  :confused:
I will keep browsing  :D

Bad Raven

Increasingly fed up with my my quite old Black Pearl screen (manual NTSC/PAL, no channel search, useless battery power, poor control of frequencies, really REALLY nasty menu system, etc, etc), I have just bought a 5" screen from Banggood for £23 that Albert Kim reviewed and uses as a bench screen, the use I use(d) the BP for (when it works!)

ched

Quote from: Bad Raven on Saturday,November 23, 2019, 18:38:58 Increasingly fed up with my my quite old Black Pearl screen (manual NTSC/PAL, no channel search, useless battery power, poor control of frequencies, really REALLY nasty menu system, etc, etc), I have just bought a 5" screen from Banggood for £23 that Albert Kim reviewed and uses as a bench screen, the use I use(d) the BP for (when it works!)
Which one is it? Was it reduced or always £23?

apollo7

I cant seem to find any deals, on BG every thing seems more expensive
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched on Saturday,November 23, 2019, 21:06:45 Which one is it? Was it reduced or always £23?

I have seen it on sale for double that (even with discount), so it was a good deal regardless of BF or not. It was marked as a BF deal with a logo, though I was going there anyway, so it actually wasn't any part of the decision.

Bad Raven

Quote from: apollo7 on Sunday,November 24, 2019, 07:09:14 I cant seem to find any deals, on BG every thing seems more expensive

True there's few bargains out of the ordinary, mainly I suspect as they pare the cost to minimum anyway, so little meat to cut away further.  Also, I guess it depends on what you are looking at. If looking at non-exclusive product then Banggood are often little cheaper if at all. I have bought items from HobbyRC in UK that Banggood were asking mode for, but that is OK only if you factor UK courier/postage in against the ridiculously low China to UK shipping costs and it STILL looks good, and that's not often unless buying several times for one courier cost. HobbyKing Uk is the same IF you have to pay shipping, the UK charges are quite punitive.

I currently need some 150mAh 1S with the tiny and with the mCPX connectors (Nano Blade Heli. etc), and stocks in UK seem pretty much depleted other than from sellers who use mainstream couriers at high cost.

apollo7

TBH sometimes i wonder why we actually look for black friday bargains, when we might not really need to buy any more stuff!
@Bad Raven i use a 5" screen on my TX, its the hawkeye little pilot and its brilliant, super clear and sharp
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

ched

Quote from: apollo7 on Sunday,November 24, 2019, 16:07:58 TBH sometimes i wonder why we actually look for black friday bargains, when we might not really need to buy any more stuff!
@Bad Raven i use a 5" screen on my TX, its the hawkeye little pilot and its brilliant, super clear and sharp
Quite true. I have a list of stuff I would like and if it becomes cheaper than normal I will buy it.
We want a new printer as our old trusty HP LaserJet 4P died after 20 years!!!!!! It was used when we bought it in 1999! I think it dated to 1995 ish. So hoping that a Brother AIO network printer comes down in Black Friday sales but if not we will buy one soon anyway as inkjet just too expensive to run.
My partner has her Christmas list and I have mine  :D So if any of those come down we will buy them.
I think most companies are now so used to planning Black Friday it's never great. Amazon usually drop prices on their own kit.
There are some good BangGood deals but not massive discounts and you need to know normal prices as they don't have to follow UK 'sales' rules or Trading Standards on advertising!!! It's sometimes worth looking at BG coupons as sometimes they make a reasonable difference if that's what you wanted to buy anyway.

apollo7

I have just ordered the sonicmodel micro skyhunter EPP kit for £38 not really a bargain, but should be a bit of fun

Morganan

Ampow and also have a great deal of Ovonic lipos, and they can ship to many countries.

https://www.ampow.com/blackfriday

ched

OK so not quad related and not really Black Friday related.
Received an email from TalkTalk (our ISP) saying they had a deal that was cheaper than we have plus 12 months Amazon prime!
So had a chat session with them as the online link didn't work. They said we still had 12 months to go on our contract so deal wasn't valid! :angry: She then says I will see what I can do, she comes back with a cheaper deal, shorter 18 month contract (offer was 24 months), with Amazon Prime and a new TV box plus cheaper all inclusive calls!!!!

So if you are with TalkTalk or any other ISP it might be worth a 'chat' even if you are in contract to see if they can offer you a better deal!!!!

Also changed energy supplier. There seems to be some great deals from some of the big energy providers at the moment. I normally search for best deal on comparisons sites when each contract ends. The one we were in was 18 months, even though only 6 months in it will save us £200 over 12 months even after paying the £60 early exit fees to switch.
So have a check on comparison sites for good deals....

Bad Raven

I was getting interested in a brushless 75mm, and it was in a BF "DEAL" at a really decent discount.  I hovered long enough to see it was a priority mail item, so fast delivery.  Great.

But I also hovered long enough to see it was on 22 days PROCESSING.

Move on, nothing to see here....................  :thumbdown:

ched

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,November 28, 2019, 07:26:28 I was getting interested in a brushless 75mm, and it was in a BF "DEAL" at a really decent discount.  I hovered long enough to see it was a priority mail item, so fast delivery.  Great.

But I also hovered long enough to see it was on 22 days PROCESSING.

Move on, nothing to see here....................  :thumbdown:
You do have to be careful with BG listing practices. They seem to have very different rules on listings to UK companies.

Bad Raven

A week ago I bought from Banggood a FPV screen/DVR for £24 inc fast delivery. Delivered Sunday

Today it is £38.60 plus postage     :blink

apollo7

Quote from: Bad Raven on Monday,December 02, 2019, 20:02:44 A week ago I bought from Banggood a FPV screen/DVR for £24 inc fast delivery. Delivered Sunday

Today it is £38.60 plus postage     :blink
i think its best to wait till the madness stops

ched

Quote from: apollo7 on Monday,December 02, 2019, 20:25:03 i think its best to wait till the madness stops
BG prices go up and down like a yoyo. You just have to bide your time if you can.