Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 18:04:19

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

ANOTHER another weird one!

Started by Bad Raven, Sunday,January 05, 2020, 06:37:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Why Meeeeeeeeeee!  :rolleyes:

75mm brushed 8mm motor quad assembled by me.  Been flying perfectly for six months, many have commented on how fast and "on rails" it flies. Able to easily blast through tiny gaps with reliability.

It has started intermittant fast yaw spins. These can occur while in hover as much as when flying, so not yaw washout. Then it goes back to flying OK for maybe 15 to 30 seconds or more, then boom, more high speed spins. It stays flat and stable while spinning, I can go hands off sticks and it just hovers there perfectly but spinning furiously, then decides to behave with no input from me.

Def not the Tx as other quads and planes are OK. SO, motor(s)?  FC?

I suppose motor(s) are the obvious first thing to change, but they all have normal spin, all have normal end float, all have normal sound, and when it is working its just as on rails as normal. And I'd expect a motor to cause instability.

Oh Dear.................   :hmm:

trebor

Bad Raven

Quote from: trebor on Sunday,January 05, 2020, 09:32:29 I would guess  :hmm:  motors  :shrug:

You'd think with a model room filled with "stock"  that I'd have replacement motors to hand.    :thumbdown:  :banghead:

Stupid Boy.  :slap:

Ordered on fastest method.  :waiting:

shawdreamer

If its as you describe "spinning on the spot" but otherwise stable hover then I wouldn't be inclined toward a motor issue myself.

a screwy/glitchy motor would cause multiple instability issues across just about all axis not just Yaw (that is unless two motors on opposite corners just happen to suffer the same issues at exactly the same time when it happens)

If its yaw spinning like its being commanded to in a controlled manner then my guess would be a signal issue and seen as your not getting any similar issues from other models then Id further guess its on the models end (maybe the RX)
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Yes, I'd agree with all of that SD.

I have just in the last forty five minutes cured it.

When I'd tested several models, the one reported was the only one to exhibit the symptom, and I did go back and fore over several sessions and several models inc Heli, Plane and quad and back to the iffy quad to prove repetitive, and flew other models from the Tx on a couple of sessions with no issue. (over an hour on Monday!)

However, starting setting up a new model today, and it had minor yaw twitches visible on betaflight receiver screen, really tiny compared to other quads actions, but def there.

SO, I took the Tx apart, and with its channel monitor on, and wobbling wires and fittings with the gimbal locked unable to move found I could affect yaw occasionally by moving its hall effect gimbal wire at the sensor end, which proved after wire replacement and stripping down to be frayed inside its insulation.

SO, it was the Tx, at least I'm guessing specifically that when it was changed from PVC to Silicone I did too good a job of tinning the wires before soldering on, and the soldered wire passed through the clamp, creating a stress point hidden in the wire!  :embarrassed:  :rolleyes:

(Yes, I have checked the others!!!  :blink )