Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 16:39:01

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Mobius Issue - Case Softening!

Started by Bad Raven, Thursday,October 24, 2019, 17:12:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

I have two Mobius Cameras, and since I gained a couple of cheap 4k GOPro clones they have seen little use.

I got one out of its cardboard box today to discharge/recharge the internal battery and the whole case has gone sticky. Press a finger/thumb on it and it leaves a distinct impression in it!  :o

It's not been up against anything or in with anything (no leads, etc) only the cardboard box, and its not been used where chemicals might have got to it.

Not very happy.  :angry:  Anybody else had this??

Bad Raven

After reading around it seems cameras in general suffer this issue, inc some expensive "names"!

I have carefully wiped (and wiped and wiped) the body with Isopropyl Alchohol on a cotton rag.

This is working, so far better on the top half, where its now back to normal, a little less so with the lower half, though very definite improvement.

I will allow a rest period and have another go.   :smiley:

Bad Raven

Not sure if the rest period was for me or the camera!  :whistling:

Anyway, after one more session on the lower case, its all back to normal now. Nice satin hard case with no stickiness left at all.

It was so bad that my thumb imprinted a full and quite deep pattern when the case was squeezed, really quite concerning.

I used the "neat" unwatered IPA I use for 3D printer bed cleaning on a piece of old tee shirt.  Oddly while it did not seem to remove much black, it did enough. So, thats the way to go if you get the same issue.

apollo7

have you opened it up to see what its like inside
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bad Raven

Quote from: apollo7 on Friday,October 25, 2019, 12:02:07 have you opened it up to see what its like inside

A reasonable question, but No, and for now I'm leaving well alone (yea, wimp), as the Mobius is not the easiest thing to dismantle without damage. It works and does not need a battery change that would force it.

I have though now checked my foam lined metal case containing all the Mobius accessories and my stock of the little "keyfob" cameras.

Four of the six keyfobs, some many years old, and certainly unused for years, are showing slight signs of softening, one in particular has gone really soft, able to press finger on it and then lift it up on stiction alone. After a good squeeze it then had a deep sticky thumb print in it! This one has cleaned up OK.

Also of four mobius clip in mounts, three have minimal barely discernable softening and one is(was) quite badly softened. Have just cleaned this worst one with IPA and its come back shiny and not sticky.

The two transparant waterproof cases are perfect.

These were not kept where the Mobius cameras were, not stored the same way at all, and were not in light probably for over a year nor subject to undue heat or cold.