Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 17:24:36

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Watching TV with goggles?

Started by ched, Thursday,October 17, 2019, 20:28:52

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Does anyone use their goggles to watch TV?
Long story but we might be getting a caravan. So this may give me new places to fly  :D
I do like my tv and we will only have space for a smallish tv so I was thinking if I had some decent resolution goggles with hdmi would they be any good for watching TV while away and be good for flying?

I do have some very old Olympus eyetrek FMD-200 goggles that are 267 × 225 which I have used for tv watching in the past. While they were OK images wasn't great and that was when I was used to SD. Roll on 15 years and with goggles like Eachines EV200 at 1280*720 or the SkyZone O3 at 1024*768 I think the tech has advanced so watching tv on Goggles might be good.
Not sure about sound yet.

So has anyone hooked their goggles up with hdmi to watch tv? If so is the image any good?
I try :-)

shawdreamer

I can and have once or twice in bed (so not to disturb the missus)

I used 5.8ghz AV senders to transmit the signal from my livingroom sky box to the bedroom (SkyQ also has Bluetooth enabled remote controls so that works out nicely too)

I forget exactly which freq's. and channel's it transmits on but it coincides with regular popular FPV channels meaning just about any FPV gear can pick up the signal.

sounds ideal yes, but word of caution... watching tele for extended periods on goggles over watching on a normal screen strained the crap out my eyes (hence why I only bothered doing it once)
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

ched

Quote from: shawdreamer on Friday,October 18, 2019, 11:26:24 I can and have once or twice in bed (so not to disturb the missus)

I used 5.8ghz AV senders to transmit the signal from my livingroom sky box to the bedroom (SkyQ also has Bluetooth enabled remote controls so that works out nicely too)

I forget exactly which freq's. and channel's it transmits on but it coincides with regular popular FPV channels meaning just about any FPV gear can pick up the signal.

sounds ideal yes, but word of caution... watching tele for extended periods on goggles over watching on a normal screen strained the crap out my eyes (hence why I only bothered doing it once)
:notworthy: I had not even thought of transmitting picy and sound  :laugh:  :laugh:
I was more thinking of hdmi to reasonable resolution say 720p goggles.
When I used the old Olympus goggles I didn't get eye strain so hopefully I would be OK. Probably just late night viewing any way. 
Cheers for info.
I try :-)

shawdreamer

twas more of a coincidental discovery really.

Ive used AV senders to send the livingroom tv signal to the bedroom tele for years now (was pointless getting another sky box just for our bedroom when we only use the bedroom tele when we go to bed....plus why pay a cost that isnt needed).

just happened to be scanning through the channels on my Gteng artifact watch when up popped the Sky signal clear as day, naturally I dragged out every bit of fpv receiving gear I had and sure enough it all picked up the sender signal :shrug:

550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Goggles for TV?  Not for me, I'd be too concerned at the length of time my eyes would be forced to hold short focus, can't be good. 

Even a "long" FPV session for me with freestyle quads means a number of 3 to 6 min uses with gaps of normal vision while changing batteries, etc.

Enough to (hopefully) prevent issues.

While I'm a heavy user of PCs, I don't watch THAT much TV anyway, so its not a penalty.

Which reminds, one of the few things I do watch (while on computer at the same time) is NFL and I have the remains of Red Zone to watch!  :laugh:  :laugh: