Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 23:10:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Someone please help before I have a mental breakdown!

Started by Stubb-z, Sunday,October 13, 2019, 18:30:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Stubb-z

Trying to get my TGY-ia6C to talk to my omnibus f4 FC (sbus) and its not having any of it - BF shows no stick inputs no matter what I seem to try, and I'm quickly coming to my whits end - never had this before with an FC.  :banghead:
Tried everything I can think of - all combinations in BF and board connections - I know its going to be a simple solution, so anyone managed to do it? Put me out of my misery please!  :cry

P.s please feel free to talk to me like I'm a moron - I probably am being one!
P.P.s - Rx and TX ARE bound and talking to each other!

ched

Does this FC have solder bridge pads to 'switch' between ppm and sbus?
I have a feeling if running BetaFlight 3.5 or newer can use iBus or Sbus connected to same pad as I think the inversion required for Sbus can now be automatically switched off by selecting serial rx and iBus!!!
I try :-)

Stubb-z

OMG ched - think you may be right - three tiny solder bridge pads on the top right hand side of the board I totally missed!
Will bridge them tomorrow after work and report back....... :crossfingers: 

Stubb-z

Had a bit of a bad week - car went bang and had to hire one for work - amoungst other things!

Bridged the solder pads but still no rx joy!

Pretty much the cherry on the cake this week! Although I did sort the ESC issue! :cry

ched

Quote from: Stubb-z on Saturday,October 19, 2019, 19:58:59 Had a bit of a bad week - car went bang and had to hire one for work - amoungst other things!

Bridged the solder pads but still no rx joy!

Pretty much the cherry on the cake this week! Although I did sort the ESC issue! :cry
Sorry to hear bad week, hope bill not too big.

So you bridged the centre to the ppm or SBus? I assume only a single bridge between 2 pads?

Double check in ports you have correct uart selected for serial rx. In Config select correct serial rx manufacturer and then comms type. Other than that I am a bit stumped. Oh check they radio (TX) is set to the same protocol (iBus ideally).
I think Project BlueFalcon has some flysky rx to fc connection videos on youtube. They may be a little old and not your specific FC but have a look it might give  you a clue.

Without extra kit I don't know how to check the output of a rx.

Hope that helps  :hmm:  :hmm:

ched

Just had another thought. Can you set tx and rx to be iBus? If so then you can connect the rx to any uart. It's only SBus that needs a specific uart as it needs an inverter. The F4 FC can't do inversion within cpu so has to have a dedicated inverter!
So iBus doesn't need the dedicated inverter so you can use any uart rx pad and then set appropriately in ports tab in BF.

Stubb-z

Ched  - I could kiss you!  :D
Switched Rx and Tx to Ibus and connected to Uart3 and its working............ Finally!
Uart 3 and 6 dont have an inverter so Sbus was never going to work!
Very greatful to you saving my sanity!
Great end to an otherwise pretty crappy week!

:thankyou: