Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 07:47:38

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Amazon... hmmm an annoying password issue

Started by shawdreamer, Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 20:55:29

Previous topic - Next topic

shawdreamer

right, so long story short

have had a amazon account for ages
barely used it in the last 2yrs
it was originally linked to a sky email account that no longer exists.

so.... went onto Amazon today via a favebar saved link, all seemed fine, page opened up welcoming me back by name etc etc.

found what I was after purchasing, made purchase, payment screen pops up with all my payment method details intact and present (including my bank details etc) so proceeded as normal.

payment made

congratulation on purchase screen pops up

so all good right? :hmm:

went to "track my order" and sign in screen pops up, sods law my password isnt saved  but I only ever use one of three different passwords so I took a stab at it.... none worked, soooo the obvious next step is to do a password reset yer?... and here's were things become a bitofashit.

the sky email account used to register with Amazon is gone, it cannot be recovered, none of its data can be restored, but Amazon helpfully stated they'd send me a reset code for my password.... but.... will only send it to the email address linked to my account, the address that cannot be recovered and cannot be restored :banghead:

even though when I open the amazon page it gives me the whole "welcome Lee" crap, and will allow me to make purchases and use saved bank details etc, I cant access any of my account settings (just get the now useless "sign in" screen) so cant change linked email details or more worrying delete my bank details :sweating:

so can anyone think of something clever that I can do to try and tunnel myself out of this annoying 5hit filled pit off a problem I now find myself in?

suggestions would be highly appreciated.
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

ched

I assume you have tried other devices you might have login details stored. i.e. phone, tablet, old pc, old laptop? Different browser installed might have old password in?
I assume you have looked at the settings page in your browser and see if you have a saved password stored?
Do you have a mobile phone registered with Amazon? Could you have a 'chat' with amazon and get a reset code texted to mobile?
You could as a last resort try the data protection act on them! They are legally obliged to correct personal info if it's incorrect. Your email is incorrect data! Not sure how to approach that one, maybe letter, and ask for response via letter to your registered/delivery address?

Hope you get it sorted.
I try :-)

shawdreamer

Quote from: ched on Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 23:07:18 I assume you have tried other devices you might have login details stored. i.e. phone, tablet, old pc, old laptop?

yep, laptop and pad both tried, same result with laptop, pads (both my android and wind10 pads) neither had any stored email/password

Quote from: ched on Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 23:07:18 Different browser installed might have old password in?

nope no joy there either but tbf Im more or less a Chrome exclusive user and only recently used Edge a couple of times

Quote from: ched on Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 23:07:18 I assume you have looked at the settings page in your browser and see if you have a saved password stored?

strangely enough I have passwords saved for just about everything....but no Amazon :shrug:.... that reminds me, Ill have to delete the data for "noStrings.com" before the missus finds it :hmm:

Quote from: ched on Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 23:07:18 Do you have a mobile phone registered with Amazon? Could you have a 'chat' with amazon and get a reset code texted to mobile?

yanno how it is, ya hit the link, the "would you like to attach a mobile phone number" box pops up.....and you do the "feckit Ill do that later or next time" thing :-/

Quote from: ched on Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 23:07:18 You could as a last resort try the data protection act on them! They are legally obliged to correct personal info if it's incorrect. Your email is incorrect data! Not sure how to approach that one, maybe letter, and ask for response via letter to your registered/delivery address?

Hope you get it sorted.

apparently "the data protection act" thing is exactly why they wont do the correcting, they wont change anything or disclose anything until I can prove Im the genuine owner of that account.....go on..... guess how they want me to prove it!

yep......... supply my attached email address and password so they can send my a confirmation link in a email.

the email address that doesnt exist anymore.... and a passowrd I cant remember :huh:

yep Amazon, cheers for the help there, your a true bunch a stars :beer2:        :rolleyes:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

hoverfly

Not that i can do much to help but i had similar problem with PayPuke. The accounts email provider went tits up and to complicate things when i tried to make payments to other companies with a visa card PayPuke pops up with this card is registered to them. I have lost ability to chose which company i wish to make payment with. The banks advice was scrap card and issued me with another, which i did. The ongoing argument with PayP I want to close account. I got a phone number for them after about a week searching. Guess what I can't close the account with out using the defunct email account.Despite explaining this to the d.head the only response was "please read terms and conditions and don't use profanities",endlessly repeated. Escalating this to the "supervisor" I could close the account by sending them original docs,birth certificate , proof of address, bank details, passport.
Now guess why i don't have a PayPuke account.

Try opening a new account, and add a middle name, might work. :hmm: 
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

shawdreamer

solving no but lending support to my theory that Im likely chasing a lost cause on this one, might just have to bite the bullet, call my bank and change card.

just have to hope the most recent purchase go's through without a hitch and arrives on my doorstep because if not Ive got feckall way of dealing with it without access to the amazon account :shrug: 
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

ched

You could be naughty and once item has arrived call credit card company and say item is faulty and Amazon wont discuss it so can they charge back. The only way Amazon can get their money is to talk to you?
As for Data Protection try the registrar. We kept having mail for old owner of our property (we lived there 14 years) from BT. So many times returned to sender, rang and told them to correct records, they did nothing. Contacted Data Registrar and BT were forced to correct incorrect data. Your email is incorrect data that Amazon are refusing to correct!

Bad Raven

Quote from: shawdreamer on Wednesday,October 02, 2019, 20:55:29 the sky email account used to register with Amazon is gone, it cannot be recovered, none of its data can be restored, but Amazon helpfully stated they'd send me a reset code for my password.... but.... will only send it to the email address linked to my account, the address that cannot be recovered and cannot be restored

No help for your case, but to reinforce, this is not as rare event as it might seem. Over the (many) years of first various dial up and then of course various broadband ISP, cable and satellite, I have had this happen three times with YouTube.  Now I have several YouTube accounts in various Names and EMails, which can't be good for them, and certainly isn't good for me, but they refuse to accept any other way than EMail to original ISP. In two cases the ISP stopped/ceased trading, so they can easily tell it's not possible!! Makes no odds though....... :evil:

Two-Six

Have you tried logging into your sky email account via their web mail portal? 
Often email services and your account are kept open long after you leave as a customer.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

shawdreamer

Quote from: Two-Six on Thursday,October 03, 2019, 12:59:07 Have you tried logging into your sky email account via their web mail portal? 
Often email services and your account are kept open long after you leave as a customer.

Sky delete the email data of customers who have cancelled their account after 18 monthes and as I was with Virgin for two years before returning to Sky, that boat sailed 6 monthes ago :slap:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

shawdreamer

well, update.....

least my purchase turned up as promised.... cant knock amazon for that
20191006-094459" border="0

built it last night, played with it this morning.... so least Im not out 150 worth of pcb etcher, still cant delete my stored bank details though or access any part of my amazon account etc so guess a change of card is the only way to be sure <sigh>

new account created using a gmail account and added my moby number straight away this time :embarrassed: , ya live and learn aye
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

ched