Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 08:49:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Eachine x220s Omnibus F4 V3 and Flysky ia10b rx issue

Started by Six6siX, Monday,August 19, 2019, 06:21:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Six6siX

Hi All, recently took delivery of the x220s (ARF version) so after containing the excitement and opening the already damaged box from China, waiting inside was an undamaged drone. Awesome.

I managed to get communication with the FC via betaflight and backed up the config as recommended.

The RX ia10b is too big to fit inside the x220s unless mounted externally. So I removed the plastic shell and got to desoldered the vertical circuit board and finally it was fitted inside.

I soldered the wiring to uart6 as per the SBUS and enabled serial in beta flight. Once powered via USB got the rx to bind.
This is when the issue begins. I'm unable to get any sort of output of what the tx is doing in beta flight. No stick movement or aux button positions.

So I tried ibus on uart1 again same as above. I then tried every combo in beta flight including moving back to sbus and playing with the beta flight config. At last I updated the firmware on the FC and repeated the above steps again.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I have another rx coming the flysky x6b hoping i have better luck with this rx.

atomiclama

There are 2 places you need to set the RX when using serial.
1 tell the FC which port the RX is attached to and
2 tell it which protocol you are using.

They are on different tabs in the configurator and need a save between changing tabs, which catches people out.

Are you sure you have the correct connection on the RX? as you have removed the vertical PCB that is a bit above the normal mods, did you test it before the mod?

I run the iA6B de-pinned and it works fine.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Six6siX

Quote from: atomiclama on Monday,August 19, 2019, 07:18:12 There are 2 places you need to set the RX when using serial.
1 tell the FC which port the RX is attached to and
2 tell it which protocol you are using.

They are on different tabs in the configurator and need a save between changing tabs, which catches people out.

Are you sure you have the correct connection on the RX? as you have removed the vertical PCB that is a bit above the normal mods, did you test it before the mod?

I run the iA6B de-pinned and it works fine.

Hi

Yeah both tabs have been set. I have the wiring going to the right point however there is a seperate tab right on the edge next to channel 1 that says data which isn't connected to anything which has me wondering. So it is in the right place but whether that has any thing to do with channel 1 I have no idea.

I didn't get to test it before hand.. Hindsight though..

atomiclama

It just so happens that I have one of my RX on the desk  :o

Excuse the battered appearance it's conformal coated, been used for a few years and about to get cleaned up ready for a new project.

The white wire is the iBus signal the other labeled pads you can see are for the SWD debug port, don't use them unless you are updating the FW.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Six6siX

Quote from: atomiclama on Monday,August 19, 2019, 08:58:49 It just so happens that I have one of my RX on the desk  :o

Excuse the battered appearance it's conformal coated, been used for a few years and about to get cleaned up ready for a new project.

The white wire is the iBus signal the other labeled pads you can see are for the SWD debug port, don't use them unless you are updating the FW.

Awesome. I'm on shift work at the minute so will adjust my wiring if it's any different to yours and see if it works. Thanks for that. 👍🏽

Six6siX

Quick update: Looked at my wiring on the IA10B and wiring is wired to channel one according to the white font printed on the pcb which coincides with the plastic housing. Out of curiosity I wired it up to look like your photo and it still wouldn't work.

The other rx has arrived from amazon today wired it up before hard soldering, and it works and beta flight shows communication between the rx and flight controller.

I'll keep the pcb to the side for now and can always test it on my next build :)

Thanks for the help atomiclama !

atomiclama

You could always trace it back from the working pin.
Good to know you have it working anyway.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt